CSNbbs
O/T New reason to hate Brooklyn - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt East Team Talk (/forum-289.html)
+----- Forum: James Madison (/forum-685.html)
+----- Thread: O/T New reason to hate Brooklyn (/thread-777934.html)

Pages: 1 2

O/T New reason to hate Brooklyn - olderduke - 04-17-2016 08:04 PM

The Nets hired Kenny Atkinson as their new head coach.

I'll never forget the "Fu*k Atkinson" chants at the midnight madness game. Dude air-balled a technical free throw.

RE: O/T New reason to hate Brooklyn - olderduke - 04-17-2016 08:25 PM

And I do realize that most of you might not have been born when that happened.

RE: O/T New reason to hate Brooklyn - Sir Duke - 04-18-2016 06:16 AM

I was there. Still hate that guy (irrationally, I realize).

RE: O/T New reason to hate Brooklyn - DoubleDogDare - 04-18-2016 07:21 AM

Didn't know who he was. Wikipedia told me he was a tick. Ruck Fichmond. I do not like him.

RE: O/T New reason to hate Brooklyn - HyperDuke - 04-18-2016 08:25 AM

(04-18-2016 06:16 AM)Sir Duke Wrote:  I was there. Still hate that guy (irrationally, I realize).

Nothing irrational about hating Richmond & anything affiliated. You just have great instincts. Trust them.

RE: O/T New reason to hate Brooklyn - PGJMU - 04-18-2016 10:30 AM

you beat me to this.

I was at Midnight madness. that game may have been the peak of JMU hoops. ESPN, Midnight game, sold out and we blew their doors off.

yes, I hated Atkinson. He was that player that everyone despised, unless he was on your team. He was gritty, competitive and a hot head. He was the Bobby Hurley of the CAA.

those Richmond v. JMU games were probably some of the best games in JMU history.

RE: O/T New reason to hate Brooklyn - olddawg - 04-18-2016 10:47 AM

Always seemed like Atkinson was looking down at the floor while bringing the ball up court, like he was worried he'd dribble the ball off his feet or something. He was a very tough competitor though.

RE: O/T New reason to hate Brooklyn - All Dukes_All Day - 04-18-2016 11:31 AM

Well, considering the cupboard is totally barren for the Nets AND they have to give their next two first rounders to Boston, I imagine he won't win much...so at least we can be exited to see him get fired mid 2018.

RE: O/T New reason to hate Brooklyn - Sir Duke - 04-18-2016 11:51 AM

And Atkinson's teammate at UR, Curtis Blair - another very good player in his day - is an NBA ref. Maybe we'll get to see Blair tee up Atkinson during a game...some good old tick-on-tick crime.

RE: O/T New reason to hate Brooklyn - NYJMUPIKE - 04-18-2016 02:41 PM

So I will add this as number 3 reason to hate Brooklyn behind:
1) Hipster transplants from out of state that subsidize their rent with Mommy and Daddy's help but somehow think they are tough. They cause working class native New Yorkers to be displaced when the rent escalates.
2) Traffic on the Belt Parkway and the BQE.

Do you have more reasons? Because that's all I can really think of. The rest of Brooklyn is actually pretty fun.

RE: O/T New reason to hate Brooklyn - s2dsayer - 04-18-2016 04:29 PM

I was also there for the midnight game, that beautiful 77-43 wonderousness....and yes, I now officially hate the Brooklyn Nets. Not that I ever pay attention to the NBA, but screw 'em

RE: O/T New reason to hate Brooklyn - AssyrianDuke - 04-18-2016 05:51 PM

There was an article on ESPN about how the NJ Nets were almost the NJ Swamp Dragons. This has nothing to do with the new court, but it's all I know about the Nets.

RE: O/T New reason to hate Brooklyn - JMU John - 04-18-2016 10:37 PM

EX Brooklyn Nets coach Jason Kidd also got Lou fired at Cal. Never liked Kidd since ....

http://nocoastbias.com/jason-kidd-tumultuous-history/

http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=19930211&slug=1684798

RE: O/T New reason to hate Brooklyn - capn kitt - 04-19-2016 11:30 AM

(04-18-2016 05:51 PM)AssyrianDuke Wrote:  There was an article on ESPN about how the NJ Nets were almost the NJ Swamp Dragons. This has nothing to do with the new court, but it's all I know about the Nets.

I like names that have some connection to the area (it is swampy, but "Swamp Dragons?!").

If we ever get a team in VB (after we build the arena) I want us to be the Surf. Can you hear the chant? "Let's go Surf! Let's go Surf!"

RE: O/T New reason to hate Brooklyn - s2dsayer - 02-15-2017 08:29 PM

Had to bump this thread after doing my once-every-other-month check of the NBA standings...

Brooklyn is currently 9-46, by far the worst team in the NBA. 7.5 games behind the next worst team. It's beautiful, man

RE: O/T New reason to hate Brooklyn - NH/JMU Saxkow - 02-16-2017 12:41 AM

(02-15-2017 08:29 PM)s2dsayer Wrote:  Had to bump this thread after doing my once-every-other-month check of the NBA standings...

Brooklyn is currently 9-46, by far the worst team in the NBA. 7.5 games behind the next worst team. It's beautiful, man

Even better - the Celtics own their 1st Round pick. So the Nets are likely to finish in dead last and get absolutely nothing out of it! Bwahahaha!

RE: O/T New reason to hate Brooklyn - AssyrianDuke - 02-16-2017 03:09 PM

(02-16-2017 12:41 AM)NH/JMU Saxkow Wrote:  
(02-15-2017 08:29 PM)s2dsayer Wrote:  Had to bump this thread after doing my once-every-other-month check of the NBA standings...

Even better - the Celtics own their 1st Round pick. So the Nets are likely to finish in dead last and get absolutely nothing out of it! Bwahahaha!

Even more betterer than that... they own Brooklyn's next two! Boston has the option to switch this year (which obv they will since they can potentially have the top pick) AND they own Brooklyn's 2018 first rounder too. That may be the worst trade in NBA history, and not just in a "look back on what could have been/hindsight is 20-20" kind of way.

RE: O/T New reason to hate Brooklyn - dan10 - 02-16-2017 03:40 PM

Don't forget the gem from the aftermath of the trade:

“Today, the basketball gods smiled on the Nets," said Nets Principal Owner Mikhail Prokhorov. "With the arrival of Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce, we have achieved a great balance on our roster between veteran stars and young talents. This team will be dazzling to watch, and tough to compete against."

Clearly he meant tough to compete against because they would be so bad that teams would have to stop playing to actually compete with them, which is tough to do.

RE: O/T New reason to hate Brooklyn - s2dsayer - 05-16-2017 08:41 PM

05-bump

So, the Nets finished with the worst record in the NBA, and Boston indeed got their #1 overall pick. Baaaaaahahahahaha

RE: O/T New reason to hate Brooklyn - NH/JMU Saxkow - 05-16-2017 09:15 PM

(05-16-2017 08:41 PM)s2dsayer Wrote:  05-bump

So, the Nets finished with the worst record in the NBA, and Boston indeed got their #1 overall pick. Baaaaaahahahahaha

02-13-banana02-13-banana02-13-banana