CSNbbs
UAB Coaching Search - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: UAB (/forum-448.html)
+------ Forum: UAB Blazers (/forum-384.html)
+------- Forum: The Gene Bartow Memorial Forum (/forum-388.html)
+------- Thread: UAB Coaching Search (/thread-775475.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: UAB Coaching Search - Motley Blazer - 03-26-2016 04:35 PM

Went back to last coaching search and found this list of possible interviewed coaches
Seltzer
Lutz
Chris Collins
Wojo
TJ Cleveland
Andy
Marsh

RE: UAB Coaching Search - WesternBlazer - 03-26-2016 05:35 PM

Got a bad feeling that Ingram is gonna screw this whole thing up....... l'm not normally in favor of search firms, but in this case it might be best...

RE: UAB Coaching Search - BlazerPhil - 03-26-2016 06:30 PM

(03-26-2016 05:35 PM)WesternBlazer Wrote:  Got a bad feeling that Ingram is gonna screw this whole thing up....... l'm not normally in favor of search firms, but in this case it might be best...

Well as long as a seach committee narrows the list to their top 4 candidates we should be in good shape. 05-stirthepot

RE: UAB Coaching Search - the_blazerman - 03-26-2016 06:32 PM

Can we ask Hatton to do this job for Ingram like he has done everything else for him?

RE: UAB Coaching Search - Hopeful - 03-26-2016 06:35 PM

(03-26-2016 05:35 PM)WesternBlazer Wrote:  Got a bad feeling that Ingram is gonna screw this whole thing up....... l'm not normally in favor of search firms, but in this case it might be best...

Ingram really hasn't done much to really inspire much confidence in me, but this is something I really want him involved in for two reasons. One, it's one of the chief tasks of his job and, two, I want to get some sort of a baseline in regard to the kind of people he wants to lead our programs.

The process is nearly as important as the person. If he can get that unlikely splash hire, then I'm all about it. At the very least, I just don't want to get Callaway'ed or Pastner someone.

I've been indifferent to Ingram for the most part, and I feel like this is his prime opportunity to show me something of merit.

RE: UAB Coaching Search - BlazintheATL - 03-26-2016 07:08 PM

(03-26-2016 06:35 PM)Hopeful Wrote:  

Ingram really hasn't done much to really inspire much confidence in me, but this is something I really want him involved in for two reasons. One, it's one of the chief tasks of his job and, two, I want to get some sort of a baseline in regard to the kind of people he wants to lead our programs.

The process is nearly as important as the person. If he can get that unlikely splash hire, then I'm all about it. At the very least, I just don't want to get Callaway'ed or Pastner someone.

I've been indifferent to Ingram for the most part, and I feel like this is his prime opportunity to show me something of merit.

With the type of people that seem to be showing interest in this job I think it will be pretty difficult for Ingram to screw it up. The only way I can really see that happening is if he hires a retread flunkie like John Pelphrey or someone else that he's only hiring because he has some kind of personal relationship with them. If he hires a top assistant from a quality program then I think even if it doesn't work out it will be hard to put on Ingram. Same thing with hiring Ehsan. If that fails it's hard to put solely on Ingram because so much of the fan base and big money boosters wanted him as well.

Champlin retweeted some dude who said Stansbury was offered the job and declined. I think that's BS but if not thank god and ****, we're in trouble.

RE: UAB Coaching Search - ATTALLABLAZE - 03-26-2016 07:16 PM

The smart play is to hire Rob. If he is successful he takes the credit. If he fails he can look at his major boosters and say I told you so.

Also concerned we will lose two guys if Rob is not promoted as well as two recruits in his pocket. If we turn him down Rob can have a nice job pretty quick with that in his hip pocket.

It should be jnteresting.

RE: UAB Coaching Search - Memphis Blazer - 03-26-2016 07:19 PM

It's the Western Kentucky beatwriter saying the Stansbury has already been interviewed and offered.

I find it very unlikely that in less than 24 hours, Ingram contacted Stansbury, interviewed and offered him the job. Stansbury is probably reporting this, trying to squeeze more money from the Hilltoppers.

RE: UAB Coaching Search - 58-56 - 03-26-2016 07:33 PM

(03-26-2016 07:16 PM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  The smart play is to hire Rob. If he is successful he takes the credit. If he fails he can look at his major boosters and say I told you so.

"Smart play?" Are we talking about the same Mark Ingram?

RE: UAB Coaching Search - BlazintheATL - 03-26-2016 08:06 PM

(03-26-2016 07:33 PM)58-56 Wrote:  
(03-26-2016 07:16 PM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  The smart play is to hire Rob. If he is successful he takes the credit. If he fails he can look at his major boosters and say I told you so.

"Smart play?" Are we talking about the same Mark Ingram?

What has Ingram done/not done to inspire such little confidence in hI'm amongst our fans? Is it just because he was hired by Ray Watts?
I'm not asking this in dedense of Ingram, I really don't know.

RE: UAB Coaching Search - Motley Blazer - 03-26-2016 08:09 PM

(03-25-2016 11:54 AM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  What basketball coaches does Ingram have connections To? At Temple? Tennessee?

i think C Martin at UT so maybe one of his assistants Tracy Webster

RE: UAB Coaching Search - the_blazerman - 03-26-2016 08:10 PM

Well for starters he was supposed to be able to bring in big donations.
That instead has been done by Hatton.

You can add in the excessive praise for Watts by Ingram & lying instead of declining to answer certain questions.

RE: UAB Coaching Search - Memphis Blazer - 03-26-2016 08:13 PM

It was declared on this message board before Mark Ingram's name was ever even known that the goal of some UAB fans were going to make any AD selected by Ray Watts a living hell and he would wish he would never be hired. Others have bought into this plan, knowlingly or not. Ingram justifiably has reacted sometimes to this aggression by being defensive and keeping things close to the vest. Which fed the fire.

He never stood a chance.

I fear the same thing might happen to the next basketball coach if it is not the one that the fans have ordained.

RE: UAB Coaching Search - the_blazerman - 03-26-2016 08:15 PM

Which makes this decision by Ingram something that he has to own & something that he will be judged by.

RE: UAB Coaching Search - ICB - 03-26-2016 08:22 PM

Hopefully there is committee somewhere helping Ingram narrow the list, then he choose the best person for the job. I don't mind one step back, if it will soon take us 3 steps forward. The public support for Ehsan is incredible. But we must support whoever gets the job. Ingram should not be judged by the hire itself, but we must wait a year or two, to see the results of the hire.

RE: UAB Coaching Search - the_blazerman - 03-26-2016 08:24 PM

Having to wait a year or two to see the results is the big problem in all of this.

The next two years will be miserable if it is disrupted due to hiring someone from outside.

RE: UAB Coaching Search - demiveeman - 03-26-2016 08:32 PM

(03-26-2016 08:30 PM)BlazerPhil Wrote:  IIRC - Attalla know for sure - Ingram was added to the AD search candidates last. Then was added to the finalists by request. Then ...drum roll...Ingram gets the job.

That is not correct.

RE: UAB Coaching Search - demiveeman - 03-26-2016 08:37 PM

(03-26-2016 08:35 PM)BlazerPhil Wrote:  
(03-26-2016 08:32 PM)demiveeman Wrote:  
(03-26-2016 08:30 PM)BlazerPhil Wrote:  IIRC - Attalla know for sure - Ingram was added to the AD search candidates last. Then was added to the finalists by request. Then ...drum roll...Ingram gets the job.

That is not correct.

There was something crooked about it. Do you have any details ?

Of course I have details...but it's not really my place to say. But I can say that both statements you made above are incorrect. What's done is done though, so it really doesn't matter.

RE: UAB Coaching Search - BlazerPhil - 03-26-2016 08:42 PM

I've taken down my supposed incorrect post. When you feel magnanimous enough to clarify what I heard from multiple sources, but could have been one wrong source telling multiple people, I'll be all ears.

RE: UAB Coaching Search - BlazintheATL - 03-26-2016 08:57 PM

(03-26-2016 08:13 PM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  It was declared on this message board before Mark Ingram's name was ever even known that the goal of some UAB fans were going to make any AD selected by Ray Watts a living hell and he would wish he would never be hired. Others have bought into this plan, knowlingly or not. Ingram justifiably has reacted sometimes to this aggression by being defensive and keeping things close to the vest. Which fed the fire.

He never stood a chance.

I fear the same thing might happen to the next basketball coach if it is not the one that the fans have ordained.

Kind of what I suspected. I think you're right about the last part as well. Of course I'm not "in the know" like so many around here seem to be.