CSNbbs
OT: Benefit of Big Blue Room - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt East Team Talk (/forum-289.html)
+----- Forum: Old Dominion (/forum-688.html)
+----- Thread: OT: Benefit of Big Blue Room (/thread-761059.html)

OT: Benefit of Big Blue Room - bigblueodu - 12-02-2015 10:57 AM

I know in the past we got free beer. Someone is offering me BB room tickets, just wanted to know the benefit of going since it's been awhile for me.

chat, mingle, food/drink?

OT: Benefit of Big Blue Room - Big Blue Crazy - 12-02-2015 11:09 AM

Beers are 2 or 3 bucks now.
Outside vender now serving.

Soda still free
Food available for purchase.

RE: OT: Benefit of Big Blue Room - EverRespect - 12-02-2015 11:18 AM

It isn't what it used to be. It has become way overcrowded... nowhere to sit, constantly getting bumped or having to move out of the way, huge lines for beer. I'd honestly rather have a few $5 beers or a $10 jumbo margarita across the street, than a few $3 beers in the BBR, unless there is a football game on the big screen or something. Only time I go to the BBR anymore is if I arrive too late to have time to hang out somewhere else, but with enough time to chug a quick one in the BBR.

RE: OT: Benefit of Big Blue Room - Old Dominion - 12-02-2015 11:33 AM

Unless you are a schmoozer, it's not really worth much. I don't drink so the cheap beer is no attraction. The food you can buy upstairs. I usually just go in, grab a couple of free waters and head to my seats.

RE: OT: Benefit of Big Blue Room - bigblue78 - 12-02-2015 11:34 AM

(12-02-2015 11:18 AM)EverRespect Wrote:  It isn't what it used to be. It has become way overcrowded... nowhere to sit, constantly getting bumped or having to move out of the way, huge lines for beer. I'd honestly rather have a few $5 beers or a $10 jumbo margarita across the street, than a few $3 beers in the BBR, unless there is a football game on the big screen or something. Only time I go to the BBR anymore is if I arrive too late to have time to hang out somewhere else, but with enough time to chug a quick one in the BBR.

It's not nearly as crowded as it used to be when the beers were free (they're $2 now) but tables and chairs are still in short supply.

It's an opportunity to meet and interact with similarly interested ODU adherents (not all of whom are active on message boards). I usually share a couple of beers with friends and look for others that I know interact more with either the players or the coaches...at least you can keep up with the latest rumors or speculation.

It's also a good place to meet some of the posters on this forum if you're interested in expanding your circle of friends.

RE: OT: Benefit of Big Blue Room - Monarchist13 - 12-02-2015 11:41 AM

I like the ability for a cheap quick bite on a weeknight. Otherwise, my wife and I would either need to try and cook and eat at home or go to a restaurant while worrying about missing tipoff. My window is small as I leave the office on a good day at 5 in Newport News. Then there is the joy of tunnel traffic that sets me back most nights.

As it is, I can just honk the horn when I get home. She gets in the car and we have plenty of time to eat and chat before the tip. Haven't met any fellow posters in there yet but I'll be there Friday.

RE: OT: Benefit of Big Blue Room - TheDancinMonarch - 12-02-2015 02:27 PM

It's closer to the parking lot.