CSNbbs
"brand-name bias still in full effect with flawed first rankings" - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Dockery-Finch Memorial Tiger Sports Forum (/forum-499.html)
+------ Thread: "brand-name bias still in full effect with flawed first rankings" (/thread-756101.html)

Pages: 1 2

"brand-name bias still in full effect with flawed first rankings" - A-Aron - 11-03-2015 09:57 PM

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/playoff-committee-shows-brand-name-bias-still-in-full-effect-with-first-rankings-release-013807710-ncaaf.html

RE: "brand-name bias still in full effect with flawed first rankings" - It's our time - 11-03-2015 10:05 PM

Yahoo is angrier than I am. Just win Tigers!

RE: "brand-name bias still in full effect with flawed first rankings" - holyterror - 11-03-2015 10:05 PM

Can't argue with any of that.

RE: "brand-name bias still in full effect with flawed first rankings" - UofMstateU - 11-03-2015 10:13 PM

It never hurts to have articles like this.

RE: "brand-name bias still in full effect with flawed first rankings" - Tygrys - 11-03-2015 10:15 PM

I would really love to see a true "blind resume" ranking and see how that played. The fact that Baylor is #6 is a complete joke, one victory over a team with a record over .500.

RE: "brand-name bias still in full effect with flawed first rankings" - maximus - 11-03-2015 10:16 PM

Amen and unreal we are getting that level of support.

He is right on.

Let's imagine this... replace TCU with Texas.

I would bet a truckload of money Texas would be in the top 4 if you simply swapped the names.

RE: "brand-name bias still in full effect with flawed first rankings" - Tygrys - 11-03-2015 10:17 PM

(11-03-2015 10:16 PM)maximus Wrote:  Amen and unreal we are getting that level of support.

He is right on.

Let's imagine this... replace TCU with Texas.

I would bet a truckload of money Texas would be in the top 4 if you simply swapped the names.

See Ohio State...

RE: "brand-name bias still in full effect with flawed first rankings" - Atlanta - 11-03-2015 10:19 PM

Hard to believe I'm reading that from Pat Forde but OK, I agree - we got screwed.

RE: "brand-name bias still in full effect with flawed first rankings" - Tygrys - 11-03-2015 10:23 PM

(11-03-2015 10:19 PM)Atlanta Wrote:  Hard to believe I'm reading that from Pat Forde but OK, I agree - we got screwed.

I believe he put out an article last weekend saying we should be top 4. I imagine he knew it would not happen and had this article written last night and just inserted names where necessary. Good to have someone sticking up for us though.

RE: "brand-name bias still in full effect with flawed first rankings" - BigTigerMike - 11-03-2015 10:38 PM

He's right, the committee set up Temple and Houston on the very low end so when Memphis beats them then it will be insignificant to them because both teams will be knocked out of the playoff rankings coming up in the next few weeks. We played no one they'll say.

RE: "brand-name bias still in full effect with flawed first rankings" - robmanthememphisfan - 11-03-2015 10:39 PM

What I can't believe is what a missionary for Memphis football Pat Forde has become!

RE: "brand-name bias still in full effect with flawed first rankings" - Seabee TIger Fan - 11-03-2015 10:51 PM

Does this mean we like Forde and Wolken now?

The end of times are upon us.

RE: "brand-name bias still in full effect with flawed first rankings" - Herff Tiger - 11-03-2015 11:34 PM

(11-03-2015 10:15 PM)Tygrys Wrote:  I would really love to see a true "blind resume" ranking and see how that played. The fact that Baylor is #6 is a complete joke, one victory over a team with a record over .500.

I've been trying to get y'all to come to grips with the fact that their wins over sub-.500 BigXII teams are looked at as superior to our wins over AAC teams. For our common opponent, Kansas, they won 66-7, a much more dominating victory than ours, plus they get extra credit for it being a conference game.

RE: "brand-name bias still in full effect with flawed first rankings" - HungryTiger - 11-04-2015 12:08 AM

Let's just get through Navy, Houston, and Temple first..and then we can revolt. GO TIGERS

RE: "brand-name bias still in full effect with flawed first rankings" - snowtiger - 11-04-2015 12:17 AM

(11-03-2015 10:39 PM)robmanthememphisfan Wrote:  What I can't believe is what a missionary for Memphis football Pat Forde has become!

Don't look a gift missionary in the mouf. 04-cheers

RE: "brand-name bias still in full effect with flawed first rankings" - Tiger46 - 11-04-2015 12:32 AM

(11-03-2015 09:57 PM)A-Aron Wrote:  http://sports.yahoo.com/news/playoff-committee-shows-brand-name-bias-still-in-full-effect-with-first-rankings-release-013807710-ncaaf.html

They are still pissed because we mowed down Texas, Michigan State and UCLA not so long ago.

RE: "brand-name bias still in full effect with flawed first rankings" - RandyMc - 11-04-2015 12:49 AM

(11-03-2015 10:38 PM)BigTigerMike Wrote:  He's right, the committee set up Temple and Houston on the very low end so when Memphis beats them then it will be insignificant to them because both teams will be knocked out of the playoff rankings coming up in the next few weeks. We played no one they'll say.

Just curious, what teams ahead of them would you replace with those two teams?

RE: "brand-name bias still in full effect with flawed first rankings" - MonsterTigerBlue - 11-04-2015 12:56 AM

I'm thankful there is someone willing to stick there neck out there for the Gang of 6 !!Thanks Pat Forde !! One game at a time...

RE: "brand-name bias still in full effect with flawed first rankings" - Sundanceuiuc - 11-04-2015 01:51 AM

(11-04-2015 12:08 AM)HungryTiger Wrote:  Let's just get through Navy, Houston, and Temple first..and then we can revolt. GO TIGERS

cosign.

1-0 this week.

RE: "brand-name bias still in full effect with flawed first rankings" - bluecrew - 11-04-2015 03:20 AM

What is amazing about articles like this are the idiotic comments. Every **** sucking fan of a bottom feeding P5 team lines up to parrot the "you haven't played anyone line", all the while totally ignoring the actual facts. I want to win this so badly as a Tiger fan, but it's damn near just as much to tell the rest of the country to go get ****.