CSNbbs
East Tennessee State has the worst logo in the Southern Conference - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SoConbbs (/forum-266.html)
+---- Forum: SoCon Team Talk (/forum-944.html)
+----- Forum: ETSU (/forum-335.html)
+----- Thread: East Tennessee State has the worst logo in the Southern Conference (/thread-751523.html)

East Tennessee State has the worst logo in the Southern Conference - Mister Jennings2 - 10-03-2015 09:28 AM

The Southern Conference Digital Network lists how you can watch/listen to each game. Each school is represented by their logo. What is sad is that ETSU is dead last in a mind capturing logo.... it doesn't even say the name of the school... the image indicates East Tennessee. I didn't attend East Tennessee. I went to East Tennessee State. If I went to East Tennessee....I'd probably go to Gatlinburg.

East Tennessee State has the worst logo in the Southern Conference - ETSUfan1 - 10-03-2015 10:44 AM

I respectfully disagree. It has really grown on me.

RE: East Tennessee State has the worst logo in the Southern Conference - ETSU-07 - 10-03-2015 10:51 AM

I too disagree and you're in the minority here. The new logo has unified students, fans and alums. It's a new era and the E is a visible reflection of it. It's going to look great on CBS in March.

RE: East Tennessee State has the worst logo in the Southern Conference - EastTennesseeState - 10-03-2015 10:57 AM

Great Logo! A good logo should not have to state the organization's name, people should recognize who it represents with no explanation needed. This one fits the bill.

RE: East Tennessee State has the worst logo in the Southern Conference - brock20 - 10-03-2015 11:04 AM

E Logo looks amazing. I have actually been surprised how quickly it has caught on.

RE: East Tennessee State has the worst logo in the Southern Conference - Mister Jennings2 - 10-03-2015 11:43 AM

I've been voted down. I guess I went to East.

East Tennessee State has the worst logo in the Southern Conference - ETSUfan1 - 10-03-2015 01:26 PM

Yup and everyone that went to Eastern Michigan went to east too.

RE: East Tennessee State has the worst logo in the Southern Conference - CaptainJackAubrey - 10-03-2015 01:52 PM

I worked my way through grad school as a full-time professional graphic designer. I've paid my mortgage for years making logos.

I LOVE the E. I think it is simple and exactly what we needed.

RE: East Tennessee State has the worst logo in the Southern Conference - etsubuc - 10-03-2015 02:33 PM

I was one of those who initially hated the logo, but it has grown on me also. The merchandise, banners, etc. with that logo are very nice.

RE: East Tennessee State has the worst logo in the Southern Conference - Bucfaithful - 10-03-2015 05:13 PM

Looks like a brand now. Love it.

RE: East Tennessee State has the worst logo in the Southern Conference - Efan - 10-03-2015 07:29 PM

Agree, best logo they've ever had

RE: East Tennessee State has the worst logo in the Southern Conference - bucfan81 - 10-03-2015 07:48 PM

It took me a while to like it but only a short while. I think it is totally branded to us. It says who we are and where we are. Of all the "E" schools out there we are the only E with a state of Tennessee in the middle. I think it will show well on tv also.

RE: East Tennessee State has the worst logo in the Southern Conference - buc73 - 10-03-2015 07:49 PM

The new logo just pops on everything, hats, shirts, signs, flags, cars, etc. I had friends come on for Homecoming and they bought a boatload at the game.

RE: East Tennessee State has the worst logo in the Southern Conference - queenladybug817 - 10-05-2015 07:43 AM

Another disagreement with you here. In fact, Chattanooga's plain "C" is probably the most boring and nondescript of any of them. Wofford's makes me think of a snobby investment firm rather than a college sports logo. The rest aren't bad at all and I think ETSU's is one of the better ones. It's clean and has potential to stick around for a long time without getting outdated easily. It is much closer to UT's power T in longevity.

For anyone that pays any attention to University School - they took the U out of the ETSU long logo and made it their new logo as well. It's nice to see that tie them to ETSU as a whole.

It's also fantastic to see SO the new logo popping up around town more. I'm seeing more and more stores that have ETSU merchandise. I still get a bit irritated by how much orange is found when folks are advertising college sports as part of a promotion locally, but I'm seeing more and more Blue and Gold now, which is great. I've seen merchandise at both Target and Cracker Barrel lately, in addition to Kroger and Walgreens.

RE: East Tennessee State has the worst logo in the Southern Conference - Buc66 - 10-05-2015 03:28 PM

(10-05-2015 07:43 AM)queenladybug817 Wrote:  Another disagreement with you here. In fact, Chattanooga's plain "C" is probably the most boring and nondescript of any of them. Wofford's makes me think of a snobby investment firm rather than a college sports logo. The rest aren't bad at all and I think ETSU's is one of the better ones. It's clean and has potential to stick around for a long time without getting outdated easily. It is much closer to UT's power T in longevity.

For anyone that pays any attention to University School - they took the U out of the ETSU long logo and made it their new logo as well. It's nice to see that tie them to ETSU as a whole.

It's also fantastic to see SO the new logo popping up around town more. I'm seeing more and more stores that have ETSU merchandise. I still get a bit irritated by how much orange is found when folks are advertising college sports as part of a promotion locally, but I'm seeing more and more Blue and Gold now, which is great. I've seen merchandise at both Target and Cracker Barrel lately, in addition to Kroger and Walgreens.

Just keep on losing T -- E can use all the help it can get.

RE: East Tennessee State has the worst logo in the Southern Conference - Buc66 - 10-07-2015 09:22 AM

(10-05-2015 07:43 AM)queenladybug817 Wrote:  Another disagreement with you here. In fact, Chattanooga's plain "C" is probably the most boring and nondescript of any of them. Wofford's makes me think of a snobby investment firm rather than a college sports logo. The rest aren't bad at all and I think ETSU's is one of the better ones. It's clean and has potential to stick around for a long time without getting outdated easily. It is much closer to UT's power T in longevity.

Had lunch yesterday at the Cracker Barrel in Dublin, Ga. Nothing but Georgia Bulldogs stuff ---- not a sign of Georgia Southern in sight.