CSNbbs
Memorial for Diesel - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Northern Illinois (/forum-468.html)
+----- Thread: Memorial for Diesel (/thread-749167.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: Memorial for Diesel - pjfleck82 - 10-28-2015 02:47 PM

(10-24-2015 08:36 PM)DiehardHuskie Wrote:  Classy move by athletic department to honor the family at today's game.

Agreed, was glad to to see CheerDad get a standing O from many in the crowd. Was well deserved.

RE: Memorial for Diesel - HuskieFootball Addict - 10-28-2015 05:46 PM

(10-28-2015 02:47 PM)pjfleck82 Wrote:  
(10-24-2015 08:36 PM)DiehardHuskie Wrote:  Classy move by athletic department to honor the family at today's game.

Agreed, was glad to to see CheerDad get a standing O from many in the crowd. Was well deserved.

+1 WELL deserved. 04-bow

RE: Memorial for Diesel - HuskieFootball Addict - 04-08-2016 03:29 PM

Just to let all of you know - this memorial is still being worked on - we have not given up on making this a reality.

RE: Memorial for Diesel - Skinut - 04-10-2016 04:39 PM

thank you

RE: Memorial for Diesel - HuskieFootball Addict - 05-06-2016 04:51 PM

We have gotten approval from NIU - Athletics, the NIU Foundation and President Baker. THE DIESEL MEMORIAL IS A GO!!!

The sculpture will be life size of Diesel giving his famous high five & will be done by Renee Bemis. Renee is an amazing lady - it was her who got us in the door with the Foundation and helped to make this happen.
Sculpture will be bronze and be on a pedestal with a plaque at the bottom that tells about the high five. NIU want to dedicate this at the home opener of 2017.

We have LOTS of fundraising to do as our goal is 25K. (yes - to do a life size bronze sculpture will cost that much)

Please go to the gofundmepage and donate - and spread the news, share the site with everyone you know.

https://www.gofundme.com/uqs9qmrn

RE: Memorial for Diesel - huskiebob - 05-06-2016 05:43 PM

Below are pics of Renee Bemis' rendering of the sculpture:

[Image: FullSizeRender-2.jpeg][Image: FullSizeRender.jpeg][Image: FullSizeRender-1.jpeg]

Memorial for Diesel - Dog Fan - 05-07-2016 01:45 PM

Renee certainly knows how to make a dog that looks like a dog with a tail that looks like a tail. REPLACE THE PIGDOG!!

RE: Memorial for Diesel - HuskieJohn - 05-09-2016 08:31 AM

Is there anywhere we can donate cash so the fund dosent lose 2.9% to Go Fund Me?

RE: Memorial for Diesel - huskiebob - 05-09-2016 10:30 AM

(05-09-2016 08:31 AM)HuskieJohn Wrote:  Is there anywhere we can donate cash so the fund dosent lose 2.9% to Go Fund Me?

Negative. No one on the committee wants to be involved with handling money.

FYI, the total fee is 7.9% - 5.0% to GoFundMe and 2.9% to WePay who handles the transactions for GoFundMe. We don't like the fees either, but they're competitive with other crowdfunding sites. We picked GoFundMe because they provide outstanding support and we feel they have the best name recognition.

RE: Memorial for Diesel - HuskieFootball Addict - 05-09-2016 11:24 AM

(05-09-2016 10:30 AM)huskiebob Wrote:  
(05-09-2016 08:31 AM)HuskieJohn Wrote:  Is there anywhere we can donate cash so the fund dosent lose 2.9% to Go Fund Me?

Negative. No one on the committee wants to be involved with handling money.

FYI, the total fee is 7.9% - 2.9% to GoFundMe and 5.0% to WePay who handles the transactions for GoFundMe. We don't like the fees either, but they're competitive with other crowdfunding sites. We picked GoFundMe because they provide outstanding support and we feel they have the best name recognition.

We appreciate you thinking of the fees involved HuskieJohn, but based on the massive exposure we hope to get on this and the very large sum we are trying to raise we felt like keeping everything with GoFundMe was the best way to go.

We talked about various aspects of the fundraising & things just get way too complicated for anyone on the committee to handle this much $$ personally.

RE: Memorial for Diesel - HuskieJohn - 05-09-2016 11:36 AM

ok

RE: Memorial for Diesel - HuskieFootball Addict - 09-14-2016 09:46 AM

**Update** 9/14/16 ** for those who may have been away from the board in the off season...

Our committee continues work on fundraising for the Diesel Memorial Project. Our artist, Renee Bemis, has finished her other obligations and is now re-focusing her attention on the Diesel sculpture.

Now that football has begun we feel that donations will pick up once again. We ask that you all continue to tell your NIU friends about the project and please share the go fund me site. We have applied for and received not for profit status with the state of IL and the IRS.

Our date for dedication of the sculpture - as requested by NIU - is the first home game of 2017 vs. Boston College. Sept. 1, 2017

RE: Memorial for Diesel - klake87 - 09-14-2016 09:49 AM

(09-14-2016 09:46 AM)HuskieFootball Addict Wrote:  **Update** 9/14/16 ** for those who may have been away from the board in the off season...

Our committee continues work on fundraising for the Diesel Memorial Project. Our artist, Renee Bemis, has finished her other obligations and is now re-focusing her attention on the Diesel sculpture.

Now that football has begun we feel that donations will pick up once again. We ask that you all continue to tell your NIU friends about the project and please share the go fund me site. We have applied for and received not for profit status with the state of IL and the IRS.

Our date for dedication of the sculpture - as requested by NIU - is the first home game of 2017 vs. Boston College. Sept. 1, 2017

I plan on shaking down donors on the east side of the stadium during tailgating. I grew up in Chicago so I am good at shaking down people.

RE: Memorial for Diesel - GCD70 - 11-04-2016 02:43 PM

(09-14-2016 09:49 AM)klake87 Wrote:  
(09-14-2016 09:46 AM)HuskieFootball Addict Wrote:  **Update** 9/14/16 ** for those who may have been away from the board in the off season...

I plan on shaking down donors on the east side of the stadium during tailgating. I grew up in Chicago so I am good at shaking down people.

is there any momentum left to reach the goal

RE: Memorial for Diesel - huskiebob - 11-04-2016 03:05 PM

(11-04-2016 02:43 PM)GCD70 Wrote:  

The answer is Yes. Pledges have been received from two people that have a very high profile in Huskie football. Also, in the last week, Rick Radek of the DMP committee met with several area businesses and secured some significant pledges.

Lots more to do, but we feel good about the progress we're making and we'll continue to push hard to make the DMP a reality. Thanks for your support!

RE: Memorial for Diesel - HuskieJohn - 11-04-2016 04:03 PM

Remind me just after thanksgiving and I will put in another $30.

RE: Memorial for Diesel - GCD70 - 11-04-2016 04:11 PM

(11-04-2016 03:05 PM)huskiebob Wrote:  

The answer is Yes. Pledges have been received from two people that have a very high profile in Huskie football. Also, in the last week, Rick Radek of the DMP committee met with several area businesses and secured some significant pledges.

Lots more to do, but we feel good about the progress we're making and we'll continue to push hard to make the DMP a reality. Thanks for your support!

good things sometime take time especially if it is done right

RE: Memorial for Diesel - huskiebob - 11-04-2016 06:59 PM

(11-04-2016 04:03 PM)HuskieJohn Wrote:  Remind me just after thanksgiving and I will put in another $30.

Thank you John.

RE: Memorial for Diesel - HuskieFootball Addict - 11-11-2016 12:06 PM

(11-04-2016 04:11 PM)GCD70 Wrote:  
(11-04-2016 03:05 PM)huskiebob Wrote:  

good things sometime take time especially if it is done right

Yes. Exactly. 04-cheers

RE: Memorial for Diesel - chihuskie - 11-29-2016 11:32 AM

It's "Giving Tuesday" and one place to give could be the Huskie Spirit Statue / Diesel Memorial.
Every few dollars helps!