CSNbbs
Nova AD - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Proving Grounds (/forum-768.html)
+--- Forum: BigEastbbs (/forum-771.html)
+---- Forum: Big East Conference Talk (/forum-772.html)
+---- Thread: Nova AD (/thread-746207.html)

Nova AD - stever20 - 08-25-2015 06:13 PM

Interesting hire for Nova getting a guy that is so into football. while I disagreed with he who should be nameless about them hiring an AD who would kill football- this hire is very curious to say the least. I think that's actually a great way to describe this- curious.

RE: Nova AD - GoldenWarrior11 - 08-26-2015 09:54 PM

I would sincerely hope that Villanova doesn't try (at this point) to jump into the FBS football game. Their window was years ago - before the realignment craze in the old Big East. Starting a transition now would be foolish to say the least.

From a conference stand point, Villanova is in great company. Not sure why they would want to risk that at expense of pursuing a football dream.

RE: Nova AD - stever20 - 08-26-2015 10:21 PM

that's what is so i'd say almost even bizarre about the hire. it just doesn't make much sense at all. He's a true and true football guy, and Nova's football program doesn't have much of an avenue to grow. So what gives?

RE: Nova AD - gosports1 - 08-26-2015 10:30 PM

it is curious. Maybe the plan is to just build Fb to the best it can be at the current level.USC has a great athletic program maybe Nova wants to use his skills to improve their program
I dont think anything less than the ACC would be acceptable to Villanova longterm. Committing to FBS level ball only to join the AAC,MAC or Sunbelt doesnt seem likea desirable option

can anyone say varsity hockey? 03-idea

RE: Nova AD - stever20 - 08-26-2015 10:40 PM

let's just hope it doesn't happen. That would be a thing that the Big East couldn't recover from.

RE: Nova AD - gosports1 - 08-27-2015 04:58 PM

i cant see them going fbs. if uconn cant get into P5 with all there $$ how can Villanova? if nova was in UConns shoes i think the ACC would be interested, but i think (hope) they are too far behind to ever catch up to P5 status. if colonial moved up as FB only villanova might be into that. That could offer a UConn a way out of the american and into the BE for other sports. Would the BE be willing to do that , knowing that Uconn and Nova would both be striving to join the ACC should the opportunity arise?

RE: Nova AD - stever20 - 08-27-2015 06:14 PM

The thing about UConn IMO that is as big as anything is the women's basketball program. It's the one women's program that is huge. And I don't see them wanting to give up the ESPN piece which has helped them out so much.