CSNbbs
msudawgs64 - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SECbbs (/forum-285.html)
+---- Forum: SEC West Team Talk (/forum-238.html)
+----- Forum: Mississippi State (/forum-253.html)
+----- Thread: msudawgs64 (/thread-7427.html)

Pages: 1 2

- 10MAN - 11-09-2003 08:10 PM

Hey bro, my little(term used lightly, he's about 6' 3" 305lbs) cousin, who is a HS senior in Dallas just got a full scholly to play football at TCU. While I am never going to give up my undying loyalty to Ole Miss, this does add another team to my list of favorites, as you could imagine.

Just wanted to let you know about him, if you want to know more I will PM you with his info.

I may ask a favor of you if it's possible. If you come across a really nice TCU hat, seeing how you are in that neck of the woods and TCU hats are few and far between here in Jtown, maybe you could pick it up for me and send it to me. In return, obviously I would send you the $$$. No biggie, but if you see one that'd be great. I trust you to send it to me, so I will be glad to send you the money first, plus the shipping cost. If not, it's totally cool, I will understand.

- msudawgs64 - 11-09-2003 10:25 PM

Hey cool man. No problem man, don't sweat it, just send me a shipping address and I will send a TCU hat your way, don't worry about the money. Also another thing to think about you also get another team to root on to beat USM. 03-lol

- 10MAN - 11-09-2003 10:38 PM

msudawgs64 Wrote:Hey cool man. No problem man, don't sweat it, just send me a shipping address and I will send a TCU hat your way, don't worry about the money. Also another thing to think about you also get another team to root on to beat USM. 03-lol
True 03-lol

Thanks bro, I'm not sure what you meant by "don't worry about the money", but I am going to pay you for it. I will shoot you a PM here in a little bit.

- msudawgs64 - 11-09-2003 10:46 PM

10MAN Wrote:
msudawgs64 Wrote:Hey cool man.  No problem man, don't sweat it, just send me a shipping address and I will send a TCU hat your way, don't worry about the money.  Also another thing to think about you also get another team to root on to beat USM.  03-lol
True 03-lol

Thanks bro, I'm not sure what you meant by "don't worry about the money", but I am going to pay you for it. I will shoot you a PM here in a little bit.
well you bought me lunch in Jackson, hell the least I could do to repay that is to get you a TCU hat, which by the way will not be hard to find at all. :D You want something like this

[Image: 289573-s.jpg]

this

[Image: 158178-s.jpg]

or just a purple one with TCU across the front.

- 10MAN - 11-09-2003 11:07 PM

Well, if you insist! :D But I will be glad to pay you if you change your mind. Thank you very much.

Now to the hat.....

As bad as I hate the color purple :rolleyes: (surely you need no explanation), I think I like that plain purple hat with the "TCU" across the front. I have seen those on people before and kind of dig those. I like the two choices you gave, but I'm a little partial to the latter.

Thanks again, bro, and if you change your mind, please don't hesitate to ask. PM coming your way.

- msudawgs64 - 11-09-2003 11:45 PM

10MAN Wrote:Well, if you insist! :D But I will be glad to pay you if you change your mind. Thank you very much.

Now to the hat.....

As bad as I hate the color purple :rolleyes: (surely you need no explanation), I think I like that plain purple hat with the "TCU" across the front. I have seen those on people before and kind of dig those. I like the two choices you gave, but I'm a little partial to the latter.

Thanks again, bro, and if you change your mind, please don't hesitate to ask. PM coming your way.
yeah, no explanation needed. :D What you don't want one with one of them horned frogs on it? 03-lol 03-lol

- 10MAN - 11-10-2003 12:05 AM

msudawgs64 Wrote:
10MAN Wrote:Well, if you insist! :D But I will be glad to pay you if you change your mind. Thank you very much.

Now to the hat.....

yeah, no explanation needed. :D What you don't want one with one of them horned frogs on it? 03-lol 03-lol
Funny story about that horned frog.....remember when USC played TCU in the Sun Bowl, I think it was, a few years ago. Can't remember the year, but it has been close to four or five years ago. Anyway, I actually bought my buddy(USC fan) one of the craziest-looking TCU hats I could find( I happened to be in TX for a spell just before that bowl game) and gave it to him as a gag gift. I presented it to him, and said "Here ya go, you can become a TCU fan as soon as they mop the floor with the Trojans". I was kidding of course, thinking there was no way in hell TCU was going to beat USC. Well.....they did, and I haven't heard the end of that damned hat since. 03-lol He still blames that loss on me giving him that hat. We're a superstitious bunch. 03-lol

But no, that plain purple one will do just fine....thanks again. You da man.

- msudawgs64 - 11-10-2003 09:35 PM

ok bro, got you a TCU hat. It is one of them Zephyr Gamer hats, pretty nice, I have one for State, but here is how it basically looks. This is the Ole Miss one. The TCU one is the same brand, is purple or shall we say, grape, has the white TCU logo on front but no Horned Frog. The back says Frogs and there is a image of the horned frog on the adjusting strap.

[Image: NCAA-ZGGAMER-049.jpg]

will get it off in the mail this week.

- 10MAN - 11-10-2003 10:20 PM

Grape.... 03-lol I like that. You're the best, bro.....no hurry take your time. Those are a good-looking brand of hats....I look forward to showing it off and telling people why I'm wearing a TCU hat. 03-wink Proud of my little cousin.

- killerfish - 11-15-2003 12:29 AM

Now to the hat.....

What the hell is wrong with purple dude. I think it will look good on you 10.

Come on you can tell us that you are a closet Bayou Bengal :D

- Rebel - 11-15-2003 12:49 AM

msudawgs64 Wrote:ok bro, got you a TCU hat. It is one of them Zephyr Gamer hats, pretty nice, I have one for State, but here is how it basically looks. This is the Ole Miss one. The TCU one is the same brand, is purple or shall we say, grape, has the white TCU logo on front but no Horned Frog. The back says Frogs and there is a image of the horned frog on the adjusting strap.

[Image: NCAA-ZGGAMER-049.jpg]

will get it off in the mail this week.
I WANT ONE OF THESE HATS!!!!! :eek: Where can I get one?

- msudawgs64 - 11-15-2003 01:12 AM

[quote="RebelKev"] [quote="msudawgs64"] ok bro, got you a TCU hat.

- orangetd88 - 11-18-2003 09:44 PM

I dunno if I would trust him with sending me something. I've been waiting for a year for a cowbell. 03-lol 03-wink

- msudawgs64 - 11-19-2003 12:14 AM

orangetd88 Wrote:I dunno if I would trust him with sending me something. I've been waiting for a year for a cowbell. 03-lol 03-wink
03-lol 03-lol TCU hats are easier to find around here...I will be placing an order for the cowbell.

- orangetd88 - 11-19-2003 07:17 PM

[quote="msudawgs64"] [quote="RebelKev"] [quote="msudawgs64"] ok bro, got you a TCU hat.

- msudawgs64 - 11-19-2003 08:15 PM

this is the one I bought. Have not worn it yet.

[Image: NCAA-ZGGAMER-062.jpg]

- 10MAN - 11-19-2003 09:57 PM

msudawgs64 Wrote:this is the one I bought. Have not worn it yet.

[Image: NCAA-ZGGAMER-062.jpg]
64, I have a lucky hat that I wear to all the Ole Miss games, as well as my lucky Archie autographed OM pin-striped baseball jersey. We have a pretty good record with that. I've been to 8 of the 10 Rebel games this year, and we are 6-2 with my attire on. Maybe if you started wearing that MSU hat, y'all could get on a winning streak.

On second thought, wait until next seaon before you do that, we still have the Egg Bowl left. 03-lol

- orangetd88 - 11-19-2003 10:06 PM

Sounds like me. I have my lucky hat, or at least it has become lucky. I find that the luck wears out on my attire. Durng the '98 season, I had a Jamal Lewis #31 that I wore all year long, along with the same hat. Didn't wash either until after we lost to UF in '99. I think I never wore either again. LOL

- Rebel_Rx - 11-21-2003 01:28 AM

you want a cowbell?? I will never think of you in the same manner again...

- 10MAN - 11-21-2003 12:22 PM

64, I got the hat today and I must say that it is even better looking than I had hoped. It is awesome, and I like the way it fits...you know how some hats feel weird? Not this one, it is perfect. Thanks again, bro, I really appreciate it. I will wear this to any and all of the TCU games that I go to to see my cousin play. If he starts as a FR(which is unlikely) I will be making a trip to Ft Worth next season. If not, whenever he starts, I'll be there. I might make a trip over there anyway next year.

I'm also looking forward to that program you're working on....can't wait.

Again, thanks bro!!! 04-cheers 04-cheers 04-cheers