CSNbbs
OT: CUSA Weather Presenter Thread (What's it look like where you're at?) - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Conference Talk (/forum-439.html)
+---- Thread: OT: CUSA Weather Presenter Thread (What's it look like where you're at?) (/thread-738231.html)

RE: OT: CUSA Weather Presenter Thread (What's it look like where you're at?) - eagle04 - 05-17-2016 12:09 PM

(03-07-2016 11:56 AM)loki_the_bubba Wrote:  Weather looks great for our mid-week baseball game.

[Image: 12801594_1128247383860973_17348986519182...e=575FD194]

Oh, wait, there's some writing there also...

yowza

RE: OT: CUSA Weather Presenter Thread (What's it look like where you're at?) - GoodOwl - 05-17-2016 09:58 PM

Weather Presenter: Liberté Chan
Media: KTLA

first this happened in February:

then this happened this past Sunday morning:

How a KTLA weather woman's little black dress took the Internet by storm
By Libby Hill, KTLA
May 16, 2016 1:58pm

For viewers of KTLA's Saturday morning news, the weather forecast was cloudy with a chance of ugly sweaters.

Weather woman Liberté Chan caused a bit of a stir during her delivery of the weekend weather forecast when some readers were distracted by the journalist's little black dress.

The dress in question was a sparkly black number that was actually Chan's second choice, as her original dress didn't work with the green screen, an issue Chan has encountered before on the job.

In the midst of the live broadcast of the morning's weather, Chan was interrupted by anchor Chris Burrous, who asked her to put on a sweater that was held into the frame, because: "We're getting a lot of emails."

Chan then was compelled to stop doing the live, televised broadcast, so that she might cover her brazen display of shoulders.

Only once the gray, ill-fitting sweater had been placed on the weather woman was she allowed to proceed with her job.

"I look like a librarian now," Chan hesitantly joked.

"That works," Burrous' disembodied voice replied.

The dress, which some viewers deemed too flashy for the early hours, sparked a slew of emails from disgruntled fans of the KTLA-TV Channel 5 news broadcast, which, in turn, inspired the creation of the #sweatergate hashtag on Twitter, used by outraged individuals who viewed the sweater incident as being deeply disrespectful and ultimately indicative of sexism in the workplace.

The idea that wardrobes may be policed differently depending on gender and role, seemed to be supported with a video Chan later shared, ostensibly detailing the angry emails KTLA was receiving about Chan's dress, but also revealing that Burrous himself was wearing cargo shorts to deliver the news, a wardrobe choice the audience would never see, given his position behind a desk.

On Sunday, Chan took to her personal blog to share her thoughts on the growing controversy, where she emphasized that she was not asked to cover up by her employer and that while she appreciated the support from fans who reached out to her, that she was merely playing along with her co-worker's joke.

"And, also for the record, there is no controversy at KTLA. My bosses did not order me to put on the cardigan, it was a spontaneous moment. I truly love my job, I like my bosses and enjoy working with my coworkers. Since talking to my team, I want our viewers to know it was never our intention to offend anyone. We are friends on and off the air and if you watch our newscast, you know that," Chan wrote.

The channel itself also responded to the controversy on Monday morning's telecast, explaining that morning shows are full of jokes, before falling back on a version of that well-worn canard, "Aren't there more important things to worry about?"

RE: OT: CUSA Weather Presenter Thread (What's it look like where you're at?) - UCGrad1992 - 05-19-2016 08:49 PM

RE: OT: CUSA Weather Presenter Thread (What's it look like where you're at?) - UCGrad1992 - 05-23-2016 09:01 PM

RE: OT: CUSA Weather Presenter Thread (What's it look like where you're at?) - GoodOwl - 05-23-2016 11:41 PM

(05-19-2016 08:49 PM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  

Oh, man, you're finding some good ones.

I knowwwww, but she's so cute. Trust me, that will get you in trouble eventually, and no, it won't be worth it.

RE: OT: CUSA Weather Presenter Thread (What's it look like where you're at?) - GoodOwl - 05-24-2016 12:02 AM

I used to date someone down in FLA that looked, and spoke, almost exactly like this. Not the same person, but memories....

Weather Presenter: Sabrina Fein
Media: Fox 35 News, Orlando

RE: OT: CUSA Weather Presenter Thread (What's it look like where you're at?) - GoodOwl - 05-24-2016 12:12 AM

Weather Presenter: Jill Nicolini (I like those Italian chicks)
Media: CW 11 New York

Edit: Ha ha! I watched it again after posting and realized she's actually doing the traffic report, and not the Weather. Guess I was distracted!

RE: OT: CUSA Weather Presenter Thread (What's it look like where you're at?) - FTW ODU - 05-24-2016 09:04 AM

(05-24-2016 12:12 AM)GoodOwl Wrote:  Weather Presenter: Jill Nicolini (I like those Italian chicks)
Media: CW 11 New York

Edit: Ha ha! I watched it again after posting and realized she's actually doing the traffic report, and not the Weather. Guess I was distracted!

that camera man in the background made this vid. 03-lmfao

RE: OT: CUSA Weather Presenter Thread (What's it look like where you're at?) - GoodOwl - 05-25-2016 01:25 AM

Weather Presenter: Holly Green
Media: BBC

I still likes me some Holly, though!

RE: OT: CUSA Weather Presenter Thread (What's it look like where you're at?) - UCGrad1992 - 05-25-2016 08:56 PM

From 1979...when sticky back shapes were cool. Who knew Woody Allen had a British weatherman counterpart.

RE: OT: CUSA Weather Presenter Thread (What's it look like where you're at?) - GoodOwl - 05-26-2016 10:28 AM

(05-25-2016 08:56 PM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  From 1979...when sticky back shapes were cool. Who knew Woody Allen had a British weatherman counterpart.

It is amazing how much technology has changed weather forecasting. We take so much for granted, but the modern weatherman certainly does a much better job. I especially laughed when they showed the pencil pointing to the blurry black and white satellite photograph.

RE: OT: CUSA Weather Presenter Thread (What's it look like where you're at?) - goliath74 - 05-26-2016 01:28 PM

I liked how he had to walk over to the next stage for the "tonight" portion of the weather presentation :)

But let's give this fella a credit: he did not get there because of his looks and he certainly did not "sleep his way to the top". :)

RE: OT: CUSA Weather Presenter Thread (What's it look like where you're at?) - UCGrad1992 - 05-26-2016 08:20 PM

If this went on for 15-20 minutes it would induce a transcendental-hypnotic state...

RE: OT: CUSA Weather Presenter Thread (What's it look like where you're at?) - GoodOwl - 05-26-2016 08:32 PM

the dialect is harsh, but the style is softer, apparently she has a mix of Dutch/German/Swedish with a bit of French thrown in. It's a High Allemannic dialect of German, it's removed from Standard German by a bit.

Weather Presenter: Lella Grollmund
Media: Schweizwetter by wetter.com

RE: OT: CUSA Weather Presenter Thread (What's it look like where you're at?) - GoodOwl - 05-26-2016 08:44 PM

Weather Presenter: Larissa Sladkova
Media: STS TV Chelyabinsk, Russia
Лариса дарит солнце

I think there's a weather forecast in there somewhere

In a recent forecast, she said: “Normally the very beginning of the week is characterized with a constant lack of time for many.

“But thankfully the weekend will be good, with people managing to get enough sleep. And in the current cold climate, everybody is dreaming about a hot place, where temperatures never go below zero."

RE: OT: CUSA Weather Presenter Thread (What's it look like where you're at?) - GoodOwl - 07-14-2016 03:41 PM

Weather Presenter: Metinka Slater
Media: KCCI News 8 Des Moines, IA

Oops, Windows10. Doh!

RE: OT: CUSA Weather Presenter Thread (What's it look like where you're at?) - GoodOwl - 07-18-2016 04:05 PM

Weather Presenter: Markina Brown
Media: now at KCBS-TV in Los Angeles, CA

apparently she moved out to Hollywood a few years ago to try acting but it didn't go as well as she hoped, so she returned to her "fallback" career as a meteorologist. That's a good example for other young people. Hope she enjoys the weather on the west coast.

Former CBS46 Atlanta meteorologist Markina Brown lands new job

RE: OT: CUSA Weather Presenter Thread (What's it look like where you're at?) - GoodOwl - 07-31-2016 03:31 AM

Weather Presenter: Ella Dorsey
Media: CBS46 Atlanta

RE: OT: CUSA Weather Presenter Thread (What's it look like where you're at?) - GoodOwl - 07-31-2016 12:42 PM

Weather Presenter: Dave Schwartz
Media: The Weather Channel

RIP. Weather Channel vet Dave Schwartz dies of Cancer
July 31, 2016

RE: OT: CUSA Weather Presenter Thread (What's it look like where you're at?) - GoodOwl - 10-15-2016 02:38 PM

Az State Sun Devils, I'm a fan!

Weather Presenter: Chenea' Schacher
Media: AccuWeather, 12 News/KPNX-TV Phoenix, AZ