CSNbbs
UConn has signed a NDA - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: College Sports and Conference Realignment (/forum-637.html)
+---- Thread: UConn has signed a NDA (/thread-735561.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

UConn has signed a NDA - BE4neva - 04-23-2015 03:36 PM

On the Boneyard a poster Skibelts posted a thread that has already been talked about here. Today a couple posters started talking about trying to figure out the OP and one of them purposes that UConn had signed a NDA with the B1G. Another poster then linked a old Rutgers article about their NDA and the length of it. While the conversation was happening, the orginal OP "liked" the one poster who brought the NDA with the B1G up as what they thought was cracking the code to the OP. Within a couple minutes the "Like" was gone. But a few people caught it and it's being talked about off the public message board.

In the Rutgers link it basically says that it's a short amount of time once the NDA is going on. In another thread from earlier this year, another Boneyard poster left a coded OP on the conference realignment board as well. There have been hints for a couple years now sort of Rutgers style about UConn. Doing things that fit the school in a B1G profile etc but nothing concrete happens.

Are we about to see that tipping point?

Why is FSU complaining again? Didn't they get what they wanted? They wanted LVille. They signed a GOR. They could have moved to the B12 and basically guaranteed that conference as the 4th longterm. Why act out in public now?

I noticed posters on the Syracusefan board are starting to be a bit truthful about the ACCN and some ACC fans in general are coming to the realization that it's not what you thought it was. A few like LVille fans think it's the bible and constitution sowed into one but I can't blame them. Community college is a hell of a drug.

I smell movement coming. I actually think atleast 1 p5 school will move. It wil finally expose what a GOR really is and not all the poop everyone talks it up to as. It's a important financial piece, but it's not a straight jacket.

RE: UConn has signed a NDA - Dasville - 04-23-2015 03:43 PM

(04-23-2015 03:36 PM)BE4neva Wrote:  On the Boneyard a poster Skibelts posted a thread that has already been talked about here. Today a couple posters started talking about trying to figure out the OP and one of them purposes that UConn had signed a NDA with the B1G. Another poster then linked a old Rutgers article about their NDA and the length of it. While the conversation was happening, the orginal OP "liked" the one poster who brought the NDA with the B1G up as what they thought was cracking the code to the OP. Within a couple minutes the "Like" was gone. But a few people caught it and it's being talked about off the public message board.

In the Rutgers link it basically says that it's a short amount of time once the NDA is going on. In another thread from earlier this year, another Boneyard poster left a coded OP on the conference realignment board as well. There have been hints for a couple years now sort of Rutgers style about UConn. Doing things that fit the school in a B1G profile etc but nothing concrete happens.

Why is FSU complaining again? Didn't they get what they wanted? They wanted LVille. They signed a GOR. They could have moved to the B12 and basically guaranteed that conference as the 4th longterm. Why act out in public now?

I noticed posters on the Syracusefan board are starting to be a bit truthful about the ACCN and some ACC fans in general are coming to the realization that it's not what you thought it was. A few like LVille fans think it's the bible and constitution sowed into one but I can't blame them. Community college is a hell of a drug.

I smell movement coming. I actually think atleast 1 p5 school will move. It wil finally expose what a GOR really is and not all the poop everyone talks it up to as. It's a important financial piece, but it's not a straight jacket.

Lol, at the dark matter.

RE: UConn has signed a NDA - SeaBlue - 04-23-2015 03:58 PM

Be sure to flush.

RE: UConn has signed a NDA - ken d - 04-23-2015 03:59 PM

Was this intended to be an all-purpose troll, trying to include as many schools as possible in a single post?

BTW, IIRC, one of the conditions of the B1G NDA was that you couldn't disclose that you had signed an NDA. I guess those guys on the Boneyard blew it.

RE: UConn has signed a NDA - bullet - 04-23-2015 04:00 PM

They're probably agreeing not to disclose anything to BE4evah.

RE: UConn has signed a NDA - domer1978 - 04-23-2015 04:01 PM

(04-23-2015 03:59 PM)ken d Wrote:  Was this intended to be an all-purpose troll, trying to include as many schools as possible in a single post?

BTW, IIRC, one of the conditions of the B1G NDA was that you couldn't disclose that you had signed an NDA. I guess those guys on the Boneyard blew it.

Missed a few, SEC swipe and Maybe get a glancing blow to ND, Pac 12 in there... All in all pretty good attempt.

RE: UConn has signed a NDA - XLance - 04-23-2015 04:02 PM

(04-23-2015 03:36 PM)BE4neva Wrote:  On the Boneyard a poster Skibelts posted a thread that has already been talked about here. Today a couple posters started talking about trying to figure out the OP and one of them purposes that UConn had signed a NDA with the B1G. Another poster then linked a old Rutgers article about their NDA and the length of it. While the conversation was happening, the orginal OP "liked" the one poster who brought the NDA with the B1G up as what they thought was cracking the code to the OP. Within a couple minutes the "Like" was gone. But a few people caught it and it's being talked about off the public message board.

How does one smell movement?

RE: UConn has signed a NDA - TerryD - 04-23-2015 04:04 PM

(04-23-2015 04:02 PM)XLance Wrote:  

How does one smell movement?

After the fact.......

RE: UConn has signed a NDA - CommuterBob - 04-23-2015 04:08 PM

LOL @ a phantom "like" of a message board post being proof of anything.

RE: UConn has signed a NDA - JRsec - 04-23-2015 04:11 PM

(04-23-2015 04:08 PM)CommuterBob Wrote:  LOL @ a phantom "like" of a message board post being proof of anything.

Maybe the guy pressed like and then smelled movement.

RE: UConn has signed a NDA - ken d - 04-23-2015 04:15 PM

Glad to see this post getting the kind of respect it truly deserves.

RE: UConn has signed a NDA - ohio1317 - 04-23-2015 04:23 PM

It's not 100% inconceivable that UConn could end up in the Big Ten (although I wouldn't put money on it), but I really don't see who could be #16. The grant of rights lock up the Big 12 and ACC for several years and I can't see the Big Ten raiding the SEC (or vice versa). De-regulation might end the need for even number of teams, but I still think even will be the norm unless you totally drop divisions (and while I want the Big Ten to do this; I don't see it happening).

Edit: Forgot the word "not."

UConn has signed a NDA - Eagle78 - 04-23-2015 04:24 PM

Just sad, really. A post with no basis whatsoever in fact, supported by numerous references having nothing to do with the conclusion stated in the title.

Ah, the Internet, dumbing down on critical thinking since the 1990's. LOL! :)

RE: UConn has signed a NDA - BE4evah - 04-23-2015 04:44 PM

I would think that the NDA also includes treating the signing or existence of an NDA as part of the NDA.

That being said, The Fishy, who is one of the moderators of their board, is still putting out fuel on this fire. There was speculation that since the original poster has gone into hiding, this fellow named Skiblets, again a poster that others deem to be credible, and a an athletic department insider, that that adds fuel to the fire.

One thing that is interesting, unlike in the Rutgers situation wherein Tim Pernetti told a closed group of high level Rutgers donors about the Big Ten, that thread on the Rutgers board was closed down within hours.

The Uconn one is still up. Some of the board insiders here speculate that what Skiblets posted isn't about the Big Ten at all. This skiblets is a football board moderator, and is close to the athletic program. The Fishy is a long time moderator who also is an insider.

RE: UConn has signed a NDA - YNot - 04-23-2015 04:53 PM

(04-23-2015 04:44 PM)BE4evah Wrote:  Some of the board insiders here speculate that what Skiblets posted isn't about the Big Ten at all. This skiblets is a football board moderator, and is close to the athletic program. The Fishy is a long time moderator who also is an insider.

This is my suspicion. Reading between the lines, it appears that the NDA isn't regarding the ACC, because it doesn't relate to any "oceans" or "coasts" or something like that.

So then the group of forum posters flocks to the Big Ten idea.

However, it could just as easily be a move to the Big 12, or more likely, UConn Olympic sports to the Big East with football independence.

UConn would likely make more in the Big East from just its basketball than it does for all sports under the current AAC TV contract. Anything that UConn could get from an independent football contract would be extra gravy. And, may be independent UConn could get Army/BYU treatment from the ACC and SEC.

And, it's not very far from Bristol to E. Hartford.

UConn has signed a NDA - Eagle78 - 04-23-2015 04:53 PM

(04-23-2015 04:44 PM)BE4evah Wrote:  I would think that the NDA also includes treating the signing or existence of an NDA as part of the NDA.

That being said, The Fishy, who is one of the moderators of their board, is still putting out fuel on this fire. There was speculation that since the original poster has gone into hiding, this fellow named Skiblets, again a poster that others deem to be credible, and a an athletic department insider, that that adds fuel to the fire.

One thing that is interesting, unlike in the Rutgers situation wherein Tim Pernetti told a closed group of high level Rutgers donors about the Big Ten, that thread on the Rutgers board was closed down within hours.

The Uconn one is still up. Some of the board insiders here speculate that what Skiblets posted isn't about the Big Ten at all. This skiblets is a football board moderator, and is close to the athletic program. The Fishy is a long time moderator who also is an insider.

BE....your posts are usually are fun and certainly generate traffic, which is good, I guess (especially in the off season). That said, come on, this is pretty poor, even for you. You posted a title that Uconn "has signed an NDA". You support this assertion by providing not a single fact, only baseless speculation having nothing to do with your statement. Sort of like 2+2=7.

Who knows? Maybe at some point an NDA is signed? Maybe it was already signed? My limited point is that you have no basis to state it as fact based on all public information available. Had you posed it as a question, it would have been fine, IMO.

Not for nothing, but my other pet peeve is that it seems any poster on any board who posts for more than a few months and does not post crazy stuff is treated as some kind of insider. What does that mean? Does anybody really believe that such posters are privy to information not made available to the press, officials, etc.?? Really???

Again, IMO, critical thinking in the age of the Internet.......yikes!

RE: UConn has signed a NDA - NBPirate - 04-23-2015 05:01 PM

Why is there so much UConn obsession among BE fans?

UConn has signed a NDA - Eagle78 - 04-23-2015 05:05 PM

(04-23-2015 05:01 PM)NBPirate Wrote:  Why is there so much UConn obsession among BE fans?

You know, I have no problem with good discussion about any school or issue, but posts like this are borderline offensive to me because I believe they insult our intelligence. This may pass for OK in the echo chambers that make up all too many team fan boards; but when it happens here, I am going to call it out. People are free to agree or disagree with me. I just have a strong dislike of this kind of stuff, that's all.

RE: UConn has signed a NDA - johnbragg - 04-23-2015 05:24 PM

(04-23-2015 03:43 PM)Dasville Wrote:  
(04-23-2015 03:36 PM)BE4neva Wrote:  I smell movement coming. I actually think atleast 1 p5 school will move. It wil finally expose what a GOR really is and not all the poop everyone talks it up to as. It's a important financial piece, but it's not a straight jacket.

Lol, at the dark matter.

Battlestar Galactica holds up so much better if you stop after Season 2 when (headcanon) the Cylons show up and finish exterminating humanity.

UConn has signed a NDA - 1845 Bear - 04-23-2015 05:28 PM

(04-23-2015 04:53 PM)YNot Wrote:  
(04-23-2015 04:44 PM)BE4evah Wrote:  Some of the board insiders here speculate that what Skiblets posted isn't about the Big Ten at all. This skiblets is a football board moderator, and is close to the athletic program. The Fishy is a long time moderator who also is an insider.

This is my suspicion. Reading between the lines, it appears that the NDA isn't regarding the ACC, because it doesn't relate to any "oceans" or "coasts" or something like that.

So then the group of forum posters flocks to the Big Ten idea.

However, it could just as easily be a move to the Big 12, or more likely, UConn Olympic sports to the Big East with football independence.

UConn would likely make more in the Big East from just its basketball than it does for all sports under the current AAC TV contract. Anything that UConn could get from an independent football contract would be extra gravy. And, may be independent UConn could get Army/BYU treatment from the ACC and SEC.

And, it's not very far from Bristol to E. Hartford.

Could definitely be interesting. Issue with independence however is football bowls, Gof5 money that might be passed up, and scheduling.

How is BYU treated in terms of G5 playoff money splits compared to the conferences? How is Army treated?