CSNbbs
AAC Opening Night Doubleheader on CBS SN - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: AAC Opening Night Doubleheader on CBS SN (/thread-735423.html)

Pages: 1 2

AAC Opening Night Doubleheader on CBS SN - TU77CAL82 - 04-22-2015 12:34 PM

Thursday, September 3 . . .
FIU at UCF at 6:00 pm Eastern
Duke at Tulane at 9:30 pm Eastern

Quote:FOUR OPENING-WEEK FOOTBALL GAMES TO BE TELEVISED ON CBS SPORTS NETWORK

http://theamerican.org/news/2015/4/22/FB_0422153220.aspx

Quote:CBS Sports Network will carry at least one American Athletic Conference- game each Saturday during the regular season. All of Navy's home games in the 2015 season will be televised on CBS Sports Network, while the Dec. 12 Army-Navy game will be televised on CBS.

RE: AAC Opening Night Doubleheader on CBS SN - Bearcat61 - 04-22-2015 01:14 PM

(04-22-2015 12:34 PM)TU77CAL82 Wrote:  Thursday, September 3 . . .

Quote:CBS Sports Network will carry at least one American Athletic Conference- game each Saturday during the regular season. All of Navy's home games in the 2015 season will be televised on CBS Sports Network, while the Dec. 12 Army-Navy game will be televised on CBS.

Can you get this on ROKU?

RE: AAC Opening Night Doubleheader on CBS SN - Native Georgian - 04-22-2015 02:42 PM

8:30 local-time kickoff... That's kinda late.

RE: AAC Opening Night Doubleheader on CBS SN - rollgreenwave - 04-22-2015 03:29 PM

(04-22-2015 02:42 PM)Native Georgian Wrote:  8:30 local-time kickoff... That's kinda late.

Primetime, yo

RE: AAC Opening Night Doubleheader on CBS SN - leapinggazelle - 04-22-2015 06:08 PM

Cbs sports! What exposure! Aresco is the man! 04-rock

RE: AAC Opening Night Doubleheader on CBS SN - UConn-SMU - 04-22-2015 06:15 PM

(04-22-2015 06:08 PM)leapinggazelle Wrote:  Cbs sports! What exposure! Aresco is the man! 04-rock

Clown.

RE: AAC Opening Night Doubleheader on CBS SN - Bleeds_Purple - 04-22-2015 07:12 PM

CBS Sports network is airing three games in one week? Is ESPN selling more of its inventory from the American to CBS this year? I hope not.

RE: AAC Opening Night Doubleheader on CBS SN - rosewater - 04-22-2015 08:27 PM

(04-22-2015 07:12 PM)Bleeds_Purple Wrote:  CBS Sports network is airing three games in one week? Is ESPN selling more of its inventory from the American to CBS this year? I hope not.

As a viewer of college football, I enjoy CBSSN as much as ESPN 2 and 3 coverage. The commentators are knowledgeable and the production is better. The only downside is that is not on ESPN for recruiting purposes.

RE: AAC Opening Night Doubleheader on CBS SN - ECMAN79 - 04-22-2015 11:11 PM

(04-22-2015 07:12 PM)Bleeds_Purple Wrote:  CBS Sports network is airing three games in one week? Is ESPN selling more of its inventory from the American to CBS this year? I hope not.

probably has more to do with Navy's home games getting added into the mix. That press release says they will have 21 AAC games. Last year, they carried 15. Difference of exactly 6. 12 team league means more inventory available for telecast.

RE: AAC Opening Night Doubleheader on CBS SN - pesik - 04-22-2015 11:15 PM

(04-22-2015 11:11 PM)ECMAN79 Wrote:  

probably has more to do with Navy's home games getting added into the mix. That press release says they will have 21 AAC games. Last year, they carried 15. Difference of exactly 6. 12 team league means more inventory available for telecast.

keep in mind navy has a deal with cbssports ...and cbsports controls their home games, which are technically AAC games

RE: AAC Opening Night Doubleheader on CBS SN - pesik - 04-22-2015 11:20 PM

(04-22-2015 08:27 PM)rosewater Wrote:  

As a viewer of college football, I enjoy CBSSN as much as ESPN 2 and 3 coverage. The commentators are knowledgeable and the production is better. The only downside is that is not on ESPN for recruiting purposes.

and no online replay, or highlights, no online stream even with a subscription to the channel, not that many people have and thier arent always "links" for it..oh and not that many peopl have it

but i will say their broadcaster are the best when it comes to AAC knowledge and on the imbetween game pauses comparing AAC games instead of going to some P5

cbspports is good on the product but horrifc at delivering the product....pure horrific

RE: AAC Opening Night Doubleheader on CBS SN - PirateJim - 04-23-2015 07:14 AM

I won't get to watch the Duke/Tulane game. I have to get up at 5:30 am. One bad thing about my job is I have to be there at 7:00 so if anything is on tv at that time I won't stay up unless I am really interested. If it was ECU playing Tulane or Duke, I'd stay up and watch.

RE: AAC Opening Night Doubleheader on CBS SN - CougarRed - 04-23-2015 07:39 AM

According to Golfnut69 on the Tulane board (a few months ago), he spoke with his contact at ESPN and ESPN did not like broadcasting from Yulman stadium. The press box was ill equipped, had bad sight lines, and the camera stations were substandard. ESPN had broadcast crews and camera men who asked never to be assigned to cover a game there again.

ESPN was going to suggest changes to the conference office, and if no changes were made, ESPN was not going to cover many games at Yulman. The way it sounded, Tulane would be lucky to get an ESPNU spot, and had no chance at ESPN2 and ESPN games at Yulman. Most would be ESPN3 online games or maybe ESPN News.

Fast forward to today, and Tulane's top nonconference home game against Duke was picked up by CBSSN.

ESPN will air the Friday night Houston game on one of its networks. Probably ESPN News. Maybe ESPNU. Why? Because UNLV-Fresno is on ESPN2 that night, and Cincy-BYU will be on one of the ESPN networks that night too.

We'll see how ESPN handles Tulane's Saturday home games with UCF, UConn and Tulsa. If Golfnut is right, at least a couple of those games will be on CBSSN.

The Maine game will likely be on ESPN3 online.

AAC Opening Night Doubleheader on CBS SN - PurpleReigns - 04-23-2015 07:43 AM

I hope so as long as it's the games that would've been ESPN3 only. But it's likely the Navy factor so nothing to see here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RE: AAC Opening Night Doubleheader on CBS SN - tigerjeb - 04-23-2015 07:54 AM

having the pressbox and cameras on the low (and thats being generous) of tulanes stadium is just BAD. the angles are terrible and the pressbox view is barely better than just standing on the sidelines. i can see where espn wouldnt like it.

[Image: IMAG0395_zps7fdaynzn.jpg]

is there any way to move the camera tubs to the other side at least - of course then you would be having trouble with looking into the sun on day games.

RE: AAC Opening Night Doubleheader on CBS SN - No Bull - 04-23-2015 08:32 AM

(04-22-2015 01:14 PM)Bearcat61 Wrote:  
(04-22-2015 12:34 PM)TU77CAL82 Wrote:  Thursday, September 3 . . .

Can you get this on ROKU?

On what? Get cable or the dish.... sometimes cheaping out can get real expensive...

RE: AAC Opening Night Doubleheader on CBS SN - No Bull - 04-23-2015 08:34 AM

(04-23-2015 07:39 AM)CougarRed Wrote:  According to Golfnut69 on the Tulane board (a few months ago), he spoke with his contact at ESPN and ESPN did not like broadcasting from Yulman stadium. The press box was ill equipped, had bad sight lines, and the camera stations were substandard. ESPN had broadcast crews and camera men who asked never to be assigned to cover a game there again.

ESPN was going to suggest changes to the conference office, and if no changes were made, ESPN was not going to cover many games at Yulman. The way it sounded, Tulane would be lucky to get an ESPNU spot, and had no chance at ESPN2 and ESPN games at Yulman. Most would be ESPN3 online games or maybe ESPN News.

Fast forward to today, and Tulane's top nonconference home game against Duke was picked up by CBSSN.

ESPN will air the Friday night Houston game on one of its networks. Probably ESPN News. Maybe ESPNU. Why? Because UNLV-Fresno is on ESPN2 that night, and Cincy-BYU will be on one of the ESPN networks that night too.

We'll see how ESPN handles Tulane's Saturday home games with UCF, UConn and Tulsa. If Golfnut is right, at least a couple of those games will be on CBSSN.

I mean Tulane has got to make this right. The main point of Yulman was to get Tulane exposure...that takes ESPN.

RE: AAC Opening Night Doubleheader on CBS SN - USFRamenu - 04-23-2015 08:54 AM

(04-23-2015 07:39 AM)CougarRed Wrote:  According to Golfnut69 on the Tulane board (a few months ago), he spoke with his contact at ESPN and ESPN did not like broadcasting from Yulman stadium. The press box was ill equipped, had bad sight lines, and the camera stations were substandard. ESPN had broadcast crews and camera men who asked never to be assigned to cover a game there again.

How would ESPN crews know any of this? They never cover the action on the field unless it's a Cartel game. If the AAC team is doing well they cut to in booth dialog between the announcers and it's usually about a Cartel Game or Conference.

I think every gripe ESpin makes these days is all a load of 01-rivals.

Just being on ESPN isn't enough. They have to actually talk about our teams playing in the game and not just when we're doing poorly. They need to stop treating us like filler/garbage and start treating us like we're their product and thus a reflection of their company. Fase it, ESpin coverage of the (old)Big East and likewise the AAC leaves a ton to be desired. 07-coffee3

RE: AAC Opening Night Doubleheader on CBS SN - UCF_SystemsEng - 04-23-2015 09:05 AM

The ESPN Thursday night crew has been pretty good to UCF.

RE: AAC Opening Night Doubleheader on CBS SN - CougarRed - 04-23-2015 09:55 AM

(04-23-2015 08:54 AM)USFRamenu Wrote:  

How would ESPN crews know any of this?

Because last year, ESPN televised five games from Yulman:

Two on ESPN2
One on ESPNU
Two on ESPN News