CSNbbs
Witt sent this out to UA Alums tonight - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: UAB (/forum-448.html)
+------ Forum: UAB Blazers (/forum-384.html)
+------- Forum: The Gene Bartow Memorial Forum (/forum-388.html)
+------- Thread: Witt sent this out to UA Alums tonight (/thread-734346.html)

Pages: 1 2

Witt sent this out to UA Alums tonight - the_blazerman - 04-10-2015 05:47 PM

See attached (if you can)

RE: Witt sent this out to UA Alums tonight - uab278 - 04-10-2015 05:51 PM

Well they are feeling the pressure. Most of that focusses on Alabama and not everything crooked about the board. Most UA alums should not want that club overseeing their school.

RE: Witt sent this out to UA Alums tonight - blazerwkr - 04-10-2015 05:55 PM

03-lmfao

RE: Witt sent this out to UA Alums tonight - hooverblazer - 04-10-2015 05:55 PM

Interesting that Witt only felt the need to send that to UA alums. That letter only further demonstrates the pressure they're feeling.

RE: Witt sent this out to UA Alums tonight - nicknitro19 - 04-10-2015 05:58 PM

"In terms of gender and race, the Board of Trustees of The University of Alabama System is one of, if not the most, diverse boards in higher education in our state."

I guess if you don't count they all work for Bryant Bank and are all UAT grads.... That's the problem not their gender/ethnic make up.

By the way, they must be getting nervous about the Legislature's efforts to reform them.

RE: Witt sent this out to UA Alums tonight - kdblazer - 04-10-2015 06:00 PM

Straight bull sh$t. Why send that only to UA grads when he is clearly discussing the UA System. This is Madness.....#FreeUAB!

RE: Witt sent this out to UA Alums tonight - Blazer85 - 04-10-2015 06:26 PM

He's trying to gather the troops and get all the UA folks to line up behind him.

RE: Witt sent this out to UA Alums tonight - PTBlazer - 04-10-2015 07:20 PM

“The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.”

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

RE: Witt sent this out to UA Alums tonight - KevMo4UAB - 04-10-2015 07:38 PM

Witt is increasingly part of the problem. If he only sent this out to BAMA alumni, it just strengthens the idea that the other two campuses don't matter to him.

RE: Witt sent this out to UA Alums tonight - the_blazerman - 04-10-2015 07:45 PM

Supposedly now Watts has sent the same email out to UAB alums.

RE: Witt sent this out to UA Alums tonight - PTBlazer - 04-10-2015 08:09 PM

(04-10-2015 07:45 PM)the_blazerman Wrote:  Supposedly now Watts has sent the same email out to UAB alums.

You've got to be kidding. Really?

RE: Witt sent this out to UA Alums tonight - the_blazerman - 04-10-2015 08:27 PM

(04-10-2015 08:09 PM)PTBlazer Wrote:  
(04-10-2015 07:45 PM)the_blazerman Wrote:  Supposedly now Watts has sent the same email out to UAB alums.

You've got to be kidding. Really?

I may be mistaken.

Misinterpreted a facebook post.

Assumed the person's wife was a UAB alum.

Instead I think she was a UA alum.

Also I got Witt & Watts mixed up.

RE: Witt sent this out to UA Alums tonight - UAB Band Dad - 04-10-2015 08:43 PM

Yeah. Witt sent it to UA alums.

RE: Witt sent this out to UA Alums tonight - HSV_BLAZER - 04-10-2015 08:51 PM

It seems like the only positive they ever point to is increased enrollment.

RE: Witt sent this out to UA Alums tonight - CajunBlazer - 04-10-2015 09:29 PM

01-wingedeagle"Hey everybody, look how great my bosses are!" (Hey guys, about that raise....)

Isn't it sad that when describing THE University of Alabama, one of the only good things that Witt could write about the Alabama's FLAGSHIP university is that it is "one of America's fastest growing doctoral research universities". Of course he doesn't mention that most of its growth is in the undergraduate area and that its "doctoral research" is ranked 190th, and would be last among major state universities if not for the University of North Dakota. Hell, not even Mississippi can make them look good this time around.

RE: Witt sent this out to UA Alums tonight - Blazer85 - 04-10-2015 09:32 PM

(04-10-2015 09:29 PM)CajunBlazer Wrote:  "Hey everybody, look how great my bosses are!" (Hey guys, about that raise....)

Isn't it sad that when describing THE University of Alabama, one of the only good things that Witt could write about the Alabama FLAGSHIP university is that it is "one of America's fastest growing doctoral research universities". Of course he doesn't mention that most of its growth is in the undergraduate area and that its "doctoral research" is ranked 190th, and would be last among major state universities if not for the University of North Dakota. Hell, not even Mississippi can make them look good this time around.

I don't know how folks that care about the academic reputation of UA stand for it. The BOT and the administrators would put athletics (particularly football) as #1 priority above all others without hesitation. I wish the UA faculty would rise up against them.

RE: Witt sent this out to UA Alums tonight - CajunBlazer - 04-10-2015 09:49 PM

(04-10-2015 09:32 PM)Blazer85 Wrote:  
(04-10-2015 09:29 PM)CajunBlazer Wrote:  "Hey everybody, look how great my bosses are!" (Hey guys, about that raise....)

Isn't it sad that when describing THE University of Alabama, one of the only good things that Witt could write about the Alabama's FLAGSHIP university is that it is "one of America's fastest growing doctoral research universities". Of course he doesn't mention that most of its growth is in the undergraduate area and that its "doctoral research" is ranked 190th, and would be last among major state universities if not for the University of North Dakota. Hell, not even Mississippi can make them look good this time around.

I don't know how folks that care about the academic reputation of UA stand for it. The BOT and the administrators would put athletics (particularly football) as #1 priority above all others without hesitation. I wish the UA faculty would rise up against them.

I think that some of their tenured professors are voting with their feet, and when they leave they are replaced by temporary instructors - there're cheaper. There was a piece linked earlier on the board to comments that the UA faculty wrote about the traits they would like to see in their new President - two themes came up time and time again 1) the emphasis on growth is killing us, 2) put more emphasis on research. They did not say hire a Witt clone.

Witt sent this out to UA Alums tonight - Pony94 - 04-10-2015 09:54 PM

Have them research all the Texas kids they are pulling in at massive discounts. From what I hear it's a cottage industry being a broker bringing out of state students to UA

RE: Witt sent this out to UA Alums tonight - FNblazer - 04-10-2015 10:50 PM

Ding ding ding. Texans are flooding to the Crapstone at record rates.

RE: Witt sent this out to UA Alums tonight - CajunBlazer - 04-10-2015 11:50 PM

(04-10-2015 10:50 PM)FNblazer Wrote:  Ding ding ding. Texans are flooding to the Crapstone at record rates.

Only the Texas kids that can't get into the Texas schools. That ought to drive up the average intelligence level of the UAT students.