CSNbbs
Can UAB students forgive Ray Watts, even if they don't forget? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: UAB (/forum-448.html)
+------ Forum: UAB Blazers (/forum-384.html)
+------- Forum: The Gene Bartow Memorial Forum (/forum-388.html)
+------- Thread: Can UAB students forgive Ray Watts, even if they don't forget? (/thread-731970.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Can UAB students forgive Ray Watts, even if they don't forget? - WesternBlazer - 03-22-2015 11:04 AM

http://www.al.com/opinion/index.ssf/2015/03/can_uab_students_forgive_ray_w.html#incart_river

RE: Can UAB students forgive Ray Watts, even if they don't forget? - the_blazerman - 03-22-2015 11:07 AM

Nope. Next topic.

RE: Can UAB students forgive Ray Watts, even if they don't forget? - BamaScorpio69 - 03-22-2015 11:10 AM

Not this century.

RE: Can UAB students forgive Ray Watts, even if they don't forget? - sadolakced - 03-22-2015 11:26 AM

The chant will stay until long past he's gone.

RE: Can UAB students forgive Ray Watts, even if they don't forget? - biglizard - 03-22-2015 11:30 AM

Clickbait

RE: Can UAB students forgive Ray Watts, even if they don't forget? - FNblazer - 03-22-2015 11:31 AM

Quote:UAB is not a joke. It is a thriving university that can hold its own easily on the national stage.

He's received multiple no confidence votes, and it's lost on many outside of the university that these concerns began last summer, long before we knew anything about football's demise.

He says "Actions speak louder than words," then creates all of these useless Task Forces and Town Halls, where he graces us with his presence, talks AT us for ten minutes, and leaves abruptly without listening to any input. UAB currently is a joke, and it's in dire need of intervention.

RE: Can UAB students forgive Ray Watts, even if they don't forget? - ATTALLABLAZE - 03-22-2015 11:33 AM

No. Has he been fired or quit yet?

RE: Can UAB students forgive Ray Watts, even if they don't forget? - 58-56 - 03-22-2015 12:12 PM

This is really interesting, combined with the columns by Watts' boy David Sher and that fool Roy S. Johnson, Watts' statements to Karle and Raita in Louisville, his demeanor leaving Yum Center (you can actually see his face and pumpkin head visibly grow redder as he nears the SUV), and what I've been told by senior UAB officials. Put it all together and:

Ray Watts is deeply, personally hurt by the Fire Ray Watts chant. He's mobilized what passes for his personal PR machine against it.

We cannot let up. We have to find new ways to spread the Fire Ray Watts message, make it viral, make it loud, make it visible. We have located a crack in his sociopathic armor. This is a chance, a small one but still a chance, to break the arrogant little bastard's morale. And that is very valuable to our cause.

I know some of you are inherently good people who may quail at the destruction of another human being, even one as despicable as Ray Watts. I'd remind you to watch the video below again. Remember what he did to Tristan Henderson. Remember what he did to Jordan Petty. Remember the bowling girl slumped on the pavement outside the football building.

I remember them all. I will not relent:

Fire Ray Watts!

RE: Can UAB students forgive Ray Watts, even if they don't forget? - FNblazer - 03-22-2015 12:19 PM

The creation of a FRW music video was a welcome sight. If I were a baseball player, I'd slip it in as my intro song. 05-stirthepot

Re: RE: Can UAB students forgive Ray Watts, even if they don't forget? - Matrix - 03-22-2015 12:21 PM

(03-22-2015 12:12 PM)58-56 Wrote:  This is really interesting, combined with the columns by Watts' boy David Sher and that fool Roy S. Johnson, Watts' statements to Karle and Raita in Louisville, his demeanor leaving Yum Center (you can actually see his face and pumpkin head visibly grow redder as he nears the SUV), and what I've been told by senior UAB officials. Put it all together and:

Ray Watts is deeply, personally hurt by the Fire Ray Watts chant. He's mobilized what passes for his personal PR machine against it.

We cannot let up. We have to find new ways to spread the Fire Ray Watts message, make it viral, make it loud, make it visible. We have located a crack in his sociopathic armor. This is a chance, a small one but still a chance, to break the arrogant little bastard's morale. And that is very valuable to our cause.

I know some of you are inherently good people who may quail at the destruction of another human being, even one as despicable as Ray Watts. I'd remind you to watch the video below again. Remember what he did to Tristan Henderson. Remember what he did to Jordan Petty. Remember the bowling girl slumped on the pavement outside the football building.

I remember them all. I will not relent:

Fire Ray Watts!

Absolutely not! He must go, no compromise on this whatsoever!

RE: Can UAB students forgive Ray Watts, even if they don't forget? - UAB Band Dad - 03-22-2015 12:24 PM

Ray Watts could not even hand diplomas to graduating seniors, shake their hands and congratulate them. He hid across the stage behind a plant, because he knew that they despised him. Most of them did not even know he was there until they were walking off the stage, if then.

This graduating class will know in advance to look for that man hiding in the corner behind the plant with the security guard standing behind him.

I never thought I would see the day that a UAB president required security guards to walk across the campus. I never dreamed that I would find myself taunting a UAB president and not only find it appropriate but enjoyable.

Fire Ray Watts!

RE: Can UAB students forgive Ray Watts, even if they don't forget? - FNblazer - 03-22-2015 12:31 PM

Of interest: the print version of this article is called It's time for UAB students, alumni to let 'Fire Ray Watts' chant go.

RE: Can UAB students forgive Ray Watts, even if they don't forget? - UAB Band Dad - 03-22-2015 12:32 PM

I'll be very happy to let it go, the day after he's gone.

RE: Can UAB students forgive Ray Watts, even if they don't forget? - the_blazerman - 03-22-2015 12:33 PM

Which makes the article even worse than we currently thought.

RE: Can UAB students forgive Ray Watts, even if they don't forget? - USAFBlazerFan - 03-22-2015 01:17 PM

Fire Ray Watts.

Folks, how about we raise some cash for a billboard by the interstate & university that simply states "Fire Ray Watts!" Make it big, bold and GREEN!!!
I would lay odds he wouldn't drive that way again, too.

RE: Can UAB students forgive Ray Watts, even if they don't forget? - the_blazerman - 03-22-2015 01:20 PM

I'm guessing he still takes the copter in to work.

RE: Can UAB students forgive Ray Watts, even if they don't forget? - Memphis Blazer - 03-22-2015 01:59 PM

(03-22-2015 01:20 PM)the_blazerman Wrote:  I'm guessing he still takes the copter in to work.

That's a rumor everyone was more than willing to accept.

RE: Can UAB students forgive Ray Watts, even if they don't forget? - uabblazer2012 - 03-22-2015 02:29 PM

I think part of what Alex is getting at is spot on. Our fight hasn't been very smart a lot of the time.

RE: Can UAB students forgive Ray Watts, even if they don't forget? - beauregardtroosterstillcrows4u - 03-22-2015 02:45 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

RE: Can UAB students forgive Ray Watts, even if they don't forget? - beauregardtroosterstillcrows4u - 03-22-2015 03:09 PM

Better yet would the article writer desire to relocate to Chernobyl?