CSNbbs
"I hate Bobby Hurley" - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: Mid-American Conference Talk (/forum-472.html)
+---- Thread: "I hate Bobby Hurley" (/thread-730214.html)

Pages: 1 2

"I hate Bobby Hurley" - Bull_In_Exile - 03-11-2015 09:34 AM

http://www.ubbullrun.com/2015/3/11/8165193/i-hate-bobby-hurley-espn-30-for-30-christian-laettner

The MAC hatred of Hurley healed the UB fanbase! After the witherspoon firing it took awhile to get everyone behind Hurley but guys like Ryan Isley made a big enough ass of themselves to put UB fans on the same page.

RE: "I hate Bobby Hurley" - dannyb73 - 03-11-2015 11:57 AM

Everyone hates Hurley. Guy got ZERO votes for COY. NONE. LMAO.

RE: "I hate Bobby Hurley" - Okie Chippewa - 03-11-2015 12:03 PM

"I've just been Hurled on." New catch phrase?

RE: "I hate Bobby Hurley" - Bull_In_Exile - 03-11-2015 12:39 PM

Davis deserved it and there is no "second place" for COY so I'm fine with it. If I had one vote I would have voted for Keno.

RE: "I hate Bobby Hurley" - CMUprof - 03-11-2015 01:02 PM

I liked him when CMU needed UB to beat BGSU for the 1 seed. That was it.

Actually, I saw him in an interview and I liked what he had to say. If he would just lose the attitude on the court ...

RE: "I hate Bobby Hurley" - dannyb73 - 03-11-2015 01:58 PM

(03-11-2015 01:02 PM)CMUprof Wrote:  I liked him when CMU needed UB to beat BGSU for the 1 seed. That was it.

Actually, I saw him in an interview and I liked what he had to say. If he would just lose the attitude on the court ...

Yeah, but he can't do that. It's his MO.

"I hate Bobby Hurley" - axeme - 03-11-2015 02:17 PM

There are coaches who constantly want the attention of the referees. Hurley is one of those. Sometimes it backfires, but it's not going to change.

He doesn't bother me like he apparently does others. He seems silly a lot of the time he's on the sideline, like a petulant child. It's kind of funny.

RE: "I hate Bobby Hurley" - perimeterpost - 03-11-2015 04:03 PM

wow, that article is TLDR for now but I'll go back and read it when I have the time. So for my initial react to the title of the article I will say this- do I hate Bobby Hurley? no. Hate is too strong a word, I just don't care that much about him to hate him. I think he is a young coach that has potential and has done some nice things in his short time in Buffalo but he is still making embarrassing mistakes by allowing his passion to turn into selfish temper tantrums.

He's played in Athens twice and at the end of the first game his star player ran over to the student section, grabbed his crotch, yelled some expletives and then tried to grab a marching drum, that would have never happened under Spoon. And before UB fans say "well DJ Cooper blah blah..." I know, but that doesn't make it right. And then the second visit Hurley made a major ass of himself by crying about Saul Phillips being "too far on the floor" during stoppage in play at the end of the game and calling him "unprofessional" to the press. What a child. Oh, and then in the return trip to Buffalo his players pick up 2 techs and an ejection for punching an Ohio player in the groin. Classy. His players are following his lead for good and bad- the good is they play with toughness and grit, the bad is there's nobody there to keep emotions in check so they tend to tighten up at the end of close games and/or make asses of themselves with their behavior. Just like their coach.

So hate Hurley? Nope, to hate him is to respect him and I don't have any respect for him.

RE: "I hate Bobby Hurley" - Rocket75 - 03-11-2015 04:23 PM

Hurley has a right to coach using whatever style he feels is best. Give him credit for giving Moss a chance when Toledo refused to play him. Toledo's Coach K does not appear to be a big fan of Hurley, but that really doesn't matter.

RE: "I hate Bobby Hurley" - Bull_In_Exile - 03-11-2015 04:27 PM

(03-11-2015 04:03 PM)perimeterpost Wrote:  He's played in Athens twice and at the end of the first game his star player ran over to the student section, grabbed his crotch, yelled some expletives and then tried to grab a marching drum, that would have never happened under Spoon.

Perhaps it was payback for when Ohio's player ran to the sutdents and tried to steal a sign after a game in Amherst...

Quote:And before UB fans say "well DJ Cooper blah blah..." I know, but that doesn't make it right

It does however show your selective outrage on the issue.

RE: "I hate Bobby Hurley" - perimeterpost - 03-11-2015 04:44 PM

(03-11-2015 04:27 PM)Bull_In_Exile Wrote:  
(03-11-2015 04:03 PM)perimeterpost Wrote:  He's played in Athens twice and at the end of the first game his star player ran over to the student section, grabbed his crotch, yelled some expletives and then tried to grab a marching drum, that would have never happened under Spoon.

Perhaps it was payback for when Ohio's player ran to the sutdents and tried to steal a sign after a game in Amherst...

Quote:And before UB fans say "well DJ Cooper blah blah..." I know, but that doesn't make it right

So I mention unacceptable behavior by an Ohio player in the past and say that is not justification for Buffalo's behavior and your response is to say its justified because of unacceptable behavior by an Ohio player in the past?

And how is it selective outrage when I am the one that LITERALLY mentioned the poor behavior by Cooper, it was ME, I'M the one that mentioned it, LITERALLY, so how can I have SELECTIVE outrage when I'M the one citing bad behavior as NOT being a justification for more bad behavior?? The only way I have selective outrage is if you read my comments with selective vision.

RE: "I hate Bobby Hurley" - Love and Honor - 03-11-2015 05:04 PM

Everyone loves a villain I guess.

RE: "I hate Bobby Hurley" - Bull_In_Exile - 03-11-2015 05:13 PM

(03-11-2015 04:44 PM)perimeterpost Wrote:  
(03-11-2015 04:27 PM)Bull_In_Exile Wrote:  

So I mention unacceptable behavior by an Ohio player in the past and say that is not justification for Buffalo's behavior and your response is to say its justified because of unacceptable behavior by an Ohio player in the past?

And how is it selective outrage when I am the one that LITERALLY mentioned the poor behavior by Cooper, it was ME, I'M the one that mentioned it, LITERALLY, so how can I have SELECTIVE outrage when I'M the one citing bad behavior as NOT being a justification for more bad behavior?? The only way I have selective outrage is if you read my comments with selective vision.

No you spent a whole post critiquing hurley and ended it with

"His players are following his lead for good and bad- the good is they play with toughness and grit, the bad is there's nobody there to keep emotions in check "

And you try act like saying "well we all know cooper did something bad so you cat point out it happens on all teams"..

I did not say cooper was better or worse than McCrea, just that those type of things happen. Ohio fans insist they dont give a crap about Buffalo but the teams seem to really dislike each other.

RE: "I hate Bobby Hurley" - Bull_In_Exile - 03-11-2015 05:21 PM

Also keep in mind that was the game when the O-Zone (1) Took shots at McCrea's mother and (2) Kept insinuating he had committed sexual assault..

Because honestly in 4 years I *never* saw McCrea do anything like that before and he never did anything like it after.

RE: "I hate Bobby Hurley" - perimeterpost - 03-11-2015 05:42 PM

you're still not listening. your point about McCrea is exactly what I'm saying, that sort of behavior would not have happened on Reggie's watch.

RE: "I hate Bobby Hurley" - Bull_In_Exile - 03-11-2015 06:01 PM

(03-11-2015 05:42 PM)perimeterpost Wrote:  you're still not listening. your point about McCrea is exactly what I'm saying, that sort of behavior would not have happened on Reggie's watch.

You don't know that. As I said it happened *1* time under Hurley and it was when the O-Zone went after Javon's mother and called him a rapist..

RE: "I hate Bobby Hurley" - perimeterpost - 03-11-2015 06:25 PM

it went from sexual assault to rape in just one post? incredible. IIRC they were making fun of him for stalking an OU girl online, its overly dramatic UB fans that started using words like "sexual assault" and "rape".

and this mom talk? maybe you need to re-read your own blog and you'll see that an Ohio fan admonished Mccrea for a remark he made and says "your mom let's you do stuff like this? she must have no class either". At which point you immediate jump in screeching "attack a college kids mom?1?!!?!?." over react much?

RE: "I hate Bobby Hurley" - EagleSam - 03-11-2015 06:41 PM

(03-11-2015 06:25 PM)perimeterpost Wrote:  over react much?

I think that dissertation in the original post answers this question clearly.

RE: "I hate Bobby Hurley" - perimeterpost - 03-11-2015 07:26 PM

(03-11-2015 06:41 PM)EagleSam Wrote:  
(03-11-2015 06:25 PM)perimeterpost Wrote:  over react much?

I think that dissertation in the original post answers this question clearly.

the Bulls do love them some conspiratorial persecution.

RE: "I hate Bobby Hurley" - JSF - 03-11-2015 07:37 PM

The only person with thinner skin than Hurley seems to be the OP.