CSNbbs
LU first loss to Longwood at home since 1988 - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Team Talk (/forum-432.html)
+----- Forum: Liberty (/forum-46.html)
+----- Thread: LU first loss to Longwood at home since 1988 (/thread-727424.html)

LU first loss to Longwood at home since 1988 - Curtisc83 - 02-17-2015 10:23 PM

Pretty sure Layer is going to be unemployed after this season. I could be wrong but he has set new records for losses at LU.

RE: LU first loss to Longwood at home since 1988 - Libertygrad01 - 02-17-2015 10:50 PM

One of the lowest points in Liberty sports history. Layer can't be back.

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App

LU first loss to Longwood at home since 1988 - army56mike - 02-18-2015 08:00 AM

You would think so, but we'll just have to wait and see. Hopefully one of two things happens. He resigns on his own or he is reasigned elsewhere within the athletic department.

RE: LU first loss to Longwood at home since 1988 - NewTimes - 02-18-2015 09:59 AM

(02-18-2015 08:00 AM)army56mike Wrote:  You would think so, but we'll just have to wait and see. Hopefully one of two things happens. He resigns on his own or he is reasigned elsewhere within the athletic department.
Please resign, go out with the best face possible, re-establish yourself with a lower level program and be successful, and make a nice comeback, elsewhere.

LU first loss to Longwood at home since 1988 - army56mike - 02-18-2015 05:24 PM

I agree, resignation is preferable, but not probable. It's a tough decision. On one hand, you would say a coach with character would realize he is not producing a winning team, is not earning the money the school is paying him, and would do the honorable thing and step down. On the other hand, a coach with character would never surrender or lose that competitive spirit, would continue to strive for success, and would never give up. Not to mention, there is a substantial monetary issue between getting fired and resigning.

RE: LU first loss to Longwood at home since 1988 - NewTimes - 02-18-2015 05:31 PM

(02-18-2015 05:24 PM)army56mike Wrote:  I agree, resignation is preferable, but not probable. It's a tough decision. On one hand, you would say a coach with character would realize he is not producing a winning team, is not earning the money the school is paying him, and would do the honorable thing and step down. On the other hand, a coach with character would never surrender or lose that competitive spirit, would continue to strive for success, and would never give up. Not to mention, there is a substantial monetary issue between getting fired and resigning.
Resign, fired, in what ever ways it plays out a change needs to happen asap.

RE: LU first loss to Longwood at home since 1988 - GE and MTS - 02-18-2015 06:53 PM

I don't know why you would want to keep him in any capacity for the athletic department. I understand he has great character but he doesn't have great credibility. If he was a recruiter, what is his credentials? That he made the NCAA tournament once with one of the worst teams ever? He only made it past the first round of the Big South tournament once in six tries? What high school athlete would get excited about that?