CSNbbs
Recent Recruiting Class - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SoConbbs (/forum-266.html)
+---- Forum: SoCon Team Talk (/forum-944.html)
+----- Forum: ETSU (/forum-335.html)
+------ Forum: Buc Football (/forum-340.html)
+------ Thread: Recent Recruiting Class (/thread-726969.html)

Recent Recruiting Class - Buc66 - 02-13-2015 05:31 PM

Can someone(s) offer an assessment of this recruiting class, especially compared to other FCS programs. Does it get an A, B, or C grade. And, going into Spring Practice, how do the two recruiting classes thus far honestly look?

RE: Recent Recruiting Class - etsubuc - 02-13-2015 07:25 PM

I believe that is an important point. For people like myself who are casual football fans, I have no idea how to get to know this team. As far as I know, they are all simply a bunch of decent regional high school players. Who is supposed to be the best player at each position? What is the strength of our team? I need some way to intelligently watch the games without having to get to know 100+ players over the course of a season.

RE: Recent Recruiting Class - Buccaneerlover - 02-13-2015 11:38 PM

I would say that after this spring practice and spring game, you'll have a good visual feel on who's pretty good and will probably start and who won't.
Keep in mind too, the coaches may intentionally redshirt a lot of the freshmen that came in this year simply to get an extra year of them as well. This season is honestly kind of a throw away, there's no conference championship on the line, no playoff berth, etc... So if there are players that would benefit from a year in the weight room/practice field so on the back end of their college careers they've blossomed into studs, that's not a bad thing.
I'm more interested in winning the SoCon than beating Maryville in year one.