CSNbbs
Awesome sign in the heavens right under mankinds nose and no one is looking - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+----- Forum: Spin Room - Wild West Edition. (/forum-789.html)
+----- Thread: Awesome sign in the heavens right under mankinds nose and no one is looking (/thread-726745.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: Awesome sign in the heavens right under mankinds nose and no one is looking - G-Man - 02-14-2015 08:12 PM

Just kidding. All this prediction of Christ's return stuff is nonsense. Signs in the heavens aren't signs that people on earth can predict. Anyone who tries is just wasting time.

RE: Awesome sign in the heavens right under mankinds nose and no one is looking - ericsrevenge76 - 02-14-2015 11:57 PM

(02-14-2015 08:12 PM)G-Man Wrote:  Just kidding. All this prediction of Christ's return stuff is nonsense. Signs in the heavens aren't signs that people on earth can predict. Anyone who tries is just wasting time.

Well these type posts are beyond lame.

I've only posted about 7 different times now that no one is predicting anything, particularly a date of anyone's return.

Furthermore, did the wise men not read the signs in the sky and know a King was born? Did they not use the signs in the sky to help find him?

Was this not written in the gospel of Matthew?

Edit: Thanks G-man

RE: Awesome sign in the heavens right under mankinds nose and no one is looking - ericsrevenge76 - 02-15-2015 12:03 AM

(02-14-2015 06:37 PM)smudge12 Wrote:  For my fellow astronomy geeks, if you have a clear sky tonight without much light pollution, Neptune, Uranus, Mars, and Mercury are in a near vertical alignment and should be visible in the West. Jupiter should be shining brightly in the opposite direction and Saturn will be visible late at night and into the morning. It's a rare opportunity to see six of our fellow planets.

It is pretty fun to catch all of them on one single night. Of course, Neptune and Uranus typically aren't really visible to the naked eye. Binoculars help out a lot if you don't have a telescope.

Seeing Saturn or Jupiter thru a decent telescope is quite an experience. You can see several moons around both. Including the giant moon, Titan. Even some small telescopes show a lot of color in the rings of Saturn. Jupiter is just an awesome sight, even thru a crummy telescope. You can the the red spot and the multi layered bands of colors in the atmosphere.

RE: Awesome sign in the heavens right under mankinds nose and no one is looking - G-Man - 02-15-2015 01:49 AM

(02-14-2015 11:57 PM)ericsrevenge76 Wrote:  
(02-14-2015 08:12 PM)G-Man Wrote:  Just kidding. All this prediction of Christ's return stuff is nonsense. Signs in the heavens aren't signs that people on earth can predict. Anyone who tries is just wasting time.

Well these type posts are beyond lame.

I've only posted about 7 different times now that no one is predicting anything, particularly a date of anyone's return.

Furthermore, did the wise men not read the signs in the sky and know a King was born? Did they not use the signs in the sky to help find him?

Was this not written in all 4 gospels?

Well, since you asked, the answer is, no. That's because it was only written about in the gospel of Matthew.

The other three gospels don't mention it.

And in that Matthew account, it seems to implicate that the star moved-- and they followed it. It doesn't seem likely that they had "read signs" in the sky when they just had to follow a moving star that "went before them" until it "stood over" where Christ was born.

RE: Awesome sign in the heavens right under mankinds nose and no one is looking - DexterDevil - 02-15-2015 02:49 AM

Just a thought, doesn't the Eastern Hemisphere see different constellations than us?

RE: Awesome sign in the heavens right under mankinds nose and no one is looking - gobluebigjon - 02-15-2015 02:57 AM

(02-13-2015 10:10 AM)ericsrevenge76 Wrote:  
(02-13-2015 01:38 AM)gobluebigjon Wrote:  Once again we have a date for the "end diof times".

We do?

Please tell!

LMAO your link starts with..."are you rapture ready"
Then a date is given.
You are deluded.
You have no more clue than Jesus did. Did he not say that would happen within their life?
Yet it didn't.
Kind of strange.

RE: Awesome sign in the heavens right under mankinds nose and no one is looking - ericsrevenge76 - 02-15-2015 04:42 AM

(02-15-2015 01:49 AM)G-Man Wrote:  Well, since you asked, the answer is, no. That's because it was only written about in the gospel of Matthew.

The other three gospels don't mention it.

And in that Matthew account, it seems to implicate that the star moved-- and they followed it. It doesn't seem likely that they had "read signs" in the sky when they just had to follow a moving star that "went before them" until it "stood over" where Christ was born.

From wiki:

The Magi are popularly referred to as wise men and kings. As part of their religion, these priests paid particular attention to the stars and gained an international reputation for astrology, which was at that time highly regarded as a science. Their religious practices and use of astrology caused derivatives of the term Magi to be applied to the occult in general and led to the English term magic, although Zoroastrianism was in fact strongly opposed to sorcery.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biblical_Magi

I fail to see the logic in suggesting they simply followed a star and from that alone deduced a child King was being born. So much so that they went before King Herod asking him where the new King was. That's absurd. Obviously they were reading MUCH more into it than just where to go. And we also know of the incredibly bright conjunctions of Jupiter and Venus (both brighter than any star in the sky) during the time if his conceptional and birth. Its well know that the ancients took these particular conjunctions as a sign of Kings being born. We also know of the 3 passes Jupiter made after the initial conjunction with Regulus, the king star.

Furthermore, it is a big mistake to just make this about the Magi. There are multiple verse in the old and news testaments that speak specifically of signs in the sun, moon and stars. As well as multiple verses saying the stars were put there specifically for signs, times and season. I've already posted several of them in this thread.

There is not a thing in the world wrong with noticing a sign in the sky and thinking it may correlate to a bible verse and having a discussion about. Particularly when that same Bible said repeatedly that there would be signs in the Sun, moon and stars.

RE: Awesome sign in the heavens right under mankinds nose and no one is looking - ericsrevenge76 - 02-15-2015 04:44 AM

(02-15-2015 02:57 AM)gobluebigjon Wrote:  
(02-13-2015 10:10 AM)ericsrevenge76 Wrote:  
(02-13-2015 01:38 AM)gobluebigjon Wrote:  Once again we have a date for the "end diof times".

We do?

Please tell!

LMAO your link starts with..."are you rapture ready"
Then a date is given.
You are deluded.
You have no more clue than Jesus did. Did he not say that would happen within their life?
Yet it didn't.
Kind of strange.

What is the point of such blatant dishonesty?

Perhaps you somehow missed the first 7 times I said I did not agree with it setting a date for a rapture, the end of time or any of that.

So just in case, here is #8....

I don't agree that this sets a date for a rapture, Armageddon or the end of the world. I do not agree with the videos conclusions about the tribulation or the rapture.

RE: Awesome sign in the heavens right under mankinds nose and no one is looking - ETSUfan1 - 02-15-2015 06:40 AM

(02-13-2015 12:15 AM)DexterDevil Wrote:  2017 could be the onset of the times of tribulation, fun fact, my birthday is also September 23rd.

As is mine. Sounds like a hell of a party on our b-day.

RE: Awesome sign in the heavens right under mankinds nose and no one is looking - QuestionSocratic - 02-15-2015 09:35 AM

(02-15-2015 02:49 AM)DexterDevil Wrote:  Just a thought, doesn't the Eastern Hemisphere see different constellations than us?

You're confusing eastern with southern.

Eastern sees exactly the same sky patterns, depending on latitude. For example, at midnight (local time) , Chicago and Rome have the same star pattern as they are both at roughly 41 degrees N.

RE: Awesome sign in the heavens right under mankinds nose and no one is looking - ericsrevenge76 - 02-15-2015 12:08 PM

After some consideration, I checked and the conjunction/sign of 9-23-2017, which happens following Jupiter's perfect 42 week gestation in the Virgin, and only happens once in 7000+ years, just also happens to fall on the Sabbath Day, which also just happens to be the 3rd day of the Jewish new year (also known as the "Feast of Trumpets").

RE: Awesome sign in the heavens right under mankinds nose and no one is looking - stinkfist - 02-15-2015 02:19 PM

some like wwe too....thank 'the stars' that most don't watch....

RE: Awesome sign in the heavens right under mankinds nose and no one is looking - ericsrevenge76 - 02-15-2015 04:42 PM

Ok fellas, the more I dig, the more the facts just magically line up.

The Hebrew meaning for the number 777 is Christ.

Daniel prophesied that the Messiah would be cut off after the 483 years following the Babylonian King's decree to rebuild the temple.

The planet Jupiter's averages 777 million km from the sun or 483 million miles from the sun (WOW). Jupiter's Orbit varies a bit but you can google the numbers 483, 777 Jupiter and see for yourself.

http://www.astronomy.com/observing/astro-for-kids/2008/03/jupiter
http://www.answers.com/Q/Average_distance_of_each_planet_from_the_sun

The Hebrew meaning of the number 888 is God the Father. 144,000 saints are sealed in a key passage of Revelation.

Its impossible to get precise numbers on Jupiter because of its size, gravity and density fluctuations, but the mean diameter can easily be estimated at 144,000 km or 88,800 miles.

Also realize that its no coincidence that we have 2 witness in both metric and US measurements there. And two witness with one being the distance from the sun and one being the diameter of the planet, with the latter also being in 2 witness form (Metric and US).

In Hebrew, the number 10 means "Testimony" and "Law".

The Jovian day is 10 hours long.

12 tribes of Israel. The Jovian year is 12 years.

16 means "love" in Hebrew. (John 3:16 For God so loved the World that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believes in him shall not perish but have everlasting life".

Jupiter has 67 moons......kinda.........After the 2 voyager and several other probes passed Jupiter in the 1970's, it was discovered to have had 16 moons. 16 was the number given for the next 20+ years. They also discovered 51 tiny asteroids less than 6 miles wide. At some more recent point, they have decided to reclassify these 51 asteroids as "moons", so now it is said to have 67 moons.

Jupiter is a super massive gravity well. It literally has so much gravity that it even pulls on the earth itself. Science now tells us that if the planet Jupiter was removed from the solar system, then the 7 other planets would simply float out into space. Jupiter acts as a "Shepard" that helps hold the 7 other planets (sheep) together.

RE: Awesome sign in the heavens right under mankinds nose and no one is looking - Kruciff - 02-15-2015 07:08 PM

(02-15-2015 04:42 PM)ericsrevenge76 Wrote:  Ok fellas, the more I dig, the more the facts just magically line up.

Daniel prophesied that the Messiah would be cut off 483 years after the Babylonian King gave the decree to rebuild the temple (457 BC). Christ was crucified on Passover of 32AD (483 years later).

The planet Jupiter's averages 777 million km from the sun or 483 million miles from the sun. Jupiter's Orbit varies a bit but you can google the numbers 483, 777 Jupiter and see for yourself. - Using miles to self fulfill your numerical coincidence when metric is the norm in astronomy, also, the average of the perihelion (741mill km) and the aphelion (817mill km) is 779 million, and that number will change depending on the eccentricity of the orbit.

The Hebrew meaning of the number 888 is God the Father. 144,000 saints are sealed in a key passage of Revelation.

Its impossible to get precise numbers on Jupiter because of its size, gravity and density fluctuations, but the mean diameter can be rounded off to 144,000 km or 88,800 miles. Using miles to self fulfill your numerical coincidence, when metric units are typically the norm in astronomy. Also, why not use radius? Most results i've found show that it's diameter at the equator is anywhere between 86,881 miles and 88,846 miles. You can't just pick a number in that range to suit your purposes

In Hebrew, the number 10 is considered complete and perfect, because it combine 3 and 7, two other number that stand for perfection. In Genesis 1 we find the phrase "God said" 10 times, which is a testimony of His creative power. God gave the 10 Commandments to man. Ten therefore represents man’s responsibility to keep the commandments. A tithe is a 10th of our earnings and is a testimony of our faith in the Lord. The Passover lamb was selected on the 10th day of the 1st month (Exodus 12:3), as was Jesus, the Lamb that takes away the sins of the world (John 12:28 - 29; 1Corinthians 5:7). The 10th day of the 7th month is the Holy Day known as the Day of Atonement. 10 generations of man lived on the earth before the flood waters came and swept away all those who were disobedient.

The Jovian day is 10 hours long.

I discount everything else, because using the bible as a statistical, numerical, or historical source is absolutely ridiculous.

FFS, please just stop. Numerical coincidences are interesting, but don't mean anything at all.

You won't see me saying that the sky will rain Apple Pie on March 14th of this year, simply because 3/14/15 just happens to be the numerical constant pi, accurate up to 5 figures.

RE: Awesome sign in the heavens right under mankinds nose and no one is looking - ericsrevenge76 - 02-15-2015 07:45 PM

(02-15-2015 07:08 PM)Kruciff Wrote:  [quote='ericsrevenge76' pid='11773588' dateline='1424036579']

Daniel prophesied that the Messiah would be cut off 483 years after the Babylonian King gave the decree to rebuild the temple (457 BC). Christ was crucified on Passover of 32AD (483 years later).

The planet Jupiter's averages 777 million km from the sun or 483 million miles from the sun. Jupiter's Orbit varies a bit but you can google the numbers 483, 777 Jupiter and see for yourself. - Using miles to self fulfill your numerical coincidence when metric is the norm in astronomy, also, the average of the perihelion (741mill km) and the aphelion (817mill km) is 779 million, and that number will change depending on the eccentricity of the orbit.

Its impossible to get precise numbers on Jupiter because of its size, gravity and density fluctuations, but the mean diameter can be rounded off to 144,000 km or 88,800 miles. Using miles to self fulfill your numerical coincidence, when metric units are typically the norm in astronomy. Also, why not use radius? Most results i've found show that it's diameter at the equator is anywhere between 86,881 miles and 88,846 miles. You can't just pick a number in that range to suit your purposes

Actually if you had read more carefully, You would have noticed I gave you both miles and kilometers.

777 million km or approximately 483 million miles from the sun..

144,000 km or approximately 88,800 miles across.

Google these base numbers and the bible or Hebrew meanings, Or both. lol

As I explained, exact numbers are totally impossible given Jupiter's massive size, gravity and fluctuations. Its a giant ball of gas that fluctuates a lot.

RE: Awesome sign in the heavens right under mankinds nose and no one is looking - Kruciff - 02-15-2015 08:08 PM

(02-15-2015 07:45 PM)ericsrevenge76 Wrote:  
(02-15-2015 07:08 PM)Kruciff Wrote:  [quote='ericsrevenge76' pid='11773588' dateline='1424036579']

Actually if you had read more carefully, You would have noticed I gave you both miles and kilometers. It doesn't matter if you gave both because only one supports your argument, and the choice of units was entirely arbitrary

777 million km or approximately 483 million miles from the sun..

144,000 km or approximately 88,800 miles across.

Google these base numbers and the bible or Hebrew meanings, Or both. lol

As I explained, exact numbers are totally impossible given Jupiter's massive size, gravity and fluctuations. Its a giant ball of gas that fluctuates a lot. So a definitive number isn't realistic so that gives you leave to pick the one that looks convenient?

RE: Awesome sign in the heavens right under mankinds nose and no one is looking - ericsrevenge76 - 02-15-2015 08:28 PM

(02-15-2015 08:08 PM)Kruciff Wrote:  Actually if you had read more carefully, You would have noticed I gave you both miles and kilometers. It doesn't matter if you gave both because only one supports your argument, and the choice of units was entirely arbitrary

So a definitive number isn't realistic so that gives you leave to pick the one that looks convenient?[/b]

Are you joking? Anyone familiar with the bible knows these numbers are at the very heart of the Bible.

You think I am just picking the numbers 777, 483, 888 and 144,000 at random? These numbers are incredibly significant in the bible and Hebrew numerals.

Its a well known fact that you cannot get exact stable measurements, but we can certainly see the average range and these numbers just happen to fall right in line in all 4 cases.

I think the numbers pretty much speak for themselves and are fascinating.

Combine them with the fact that Jupiter has an apparent giant red stab wound in its side.

Combine this with the 9-23-2017 sign and the knowledge that the Magi followed Jupiter to find Christ at his birth and you really have a remarkable series of supposed "coincidences".

RE: Awesome sign in the heavens right under mankinds nose and no one is looking - Kruciff - 02-15-2015 09:25 PM

(02-15-2015 08:28 PM)ericsrevenge76 Wrote:  
(02-15-2015 08:08 PM)Kruciff Wrote:  Actually if you had read more carefully, You would have noticed I gave you both miles and kilometers. It doesn't matter if you gave both because only one supports your argument, and the choice of units was entirely arbitrary

So a definitive number isn't realistic so that gives you leave to pick the one that looks convenient?[/b]

Are you joking?

You think I am just picking the numbers 777, 483, 888 and 144,000 at random? These numbers are incredibly significant in the bible and Hebrew numerals.

Its a well known fact that you cannot get exact stable measurements, but we can certainly see the average range and these numbers just happen to fall right in line in all 4 cases.

I think the numbers pretty much speak for themselves and are fascinating.

Combine this with the 9-23-2017 sign and the knowledge that the Magi followed Jupiter to find Christ at his birth and you really have a remarkable series of supposed "coincidences".

I see nothing but an inability to dissociate yourself from confirmation bias, and seeing insignificant patterns riddled with arbitrary inconsistency. If any of this were submitted to a scientific journal or any publisher with a smidge of self respect, it would be laughed all the way to the shredder.

RE: Awesome sign in the heavens right under mankinds nose and no one is looking - Machiavelli - 02-15-2015 10:54 PM

Can't believe no one commented on Eastern Hemisphere???

RE: Awesome sign in the heavens right under mankinds nose and no one is looking - DexterDevil - 02-15-2015 11:17 PM

(02-15-2015 10:54 PM)Machiavelli Wrote:  Can't believe no one commented on Eastern Hemisphere???

I did, and was corrected, it's the Southern hemisphere that see's different constellations.