CSNbbs
"Dr Watts... Thank you for giving us something to believe in!" - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: UAB (/forum-448.html)
+------ Forum: UAB Blazers (/forum-384.html)
+------- Forum: The Gene Bartow Memorial Forum (/forum-388.html)
+------- Thread: "Dr Watts... Thank you for giving us something to believe in!" (/thread-711692.html)

Pages: 1 2

"Dr Watts... Thank you for giving us something to believe in!" - legalblazer - 11-08-2014 07:16 PM

There was a banner with this written on it in front of the band. I meant to get a picture of it but forgot when I stood up and left after the interception.

Anyone get a picture of it?

If this all goes south, that might make a great souvenir.

RE: "Dr Watts... Thank you for giving us something to believe in!" - the_blazerman - 11-08-2014 07:18 PM

It is somewhere in one of the threads from previous weeks.

RE: "Dr Watts... Thank you for giving us something to believe in!" - blazinrunner - 11-08-2014 07:23 PM

Needs to be replaced with a "Wuck Fatts" banner for Marshall game.

RE: "Dr Watts... Thank you for giving us something to believe in!" - Dracorex - 11-08-2014 08:24 PM

It's first appearance seemed honest

The second appearance after everything we've been through this week was definitely sarcasm.

RE: "Dr Watts... Thank you for giving us something to believe in!" - Montgomery Blazer - 11-08-2014 08:29 PM

When I saw that today, I thought it was a joke. Should have snapped a picture.

RE: "Dr Watts... Thank you for giving us something to believe in!" - Blzer4Life - 11-09-2014 09:27 PM

You mean like this one:

[Image: IMG_2366.JPG]

RE: "Dr Watts... Thank you for giving us something to believe in!" - Matrix - 11-09-2014 09:28 PM

(11-09-2014 09:27 PM)Blzer4Life Wrote:  You mean like this one:

[Image: IMG_2366.JPG]

I saw that. Some fans took it as a backhanded statement to Watts. I think it got the point across. Wonder if the coward saw it?

RE: "Dr Watts... Thank you for giving us something to believe in!" - Blzer4Life - 11-09-2014 09:37 PM

(11-09-2014 09:28 PM)Matrix Wrote:  I saw that. Some fans took it as a backhanded statement to Watts. I think it got the point across. Wonder if the coward saw it?

If not, he has now. Don't be naive. This is one of the CENTRAL places that all parties on all sides come to get their news. #wavesatDrWatts

RE: "Dr Watts... Thank you for giving us something to believe in!" - BlazerFire - 11-10-2014 07:12 AM

(11-09-2014 09:37 PM)Blzer4Life Wrote:  
(11-09-2014 09:28 PM)Matrix Wrote:  I saw that. Some fans took it as a backhanded statement to Watts. I think it got the point across. Wonder if the coward saw it?

If not, he has now. Don't be naive. This is one of the CENTRAL places that all parties on all sides come to get their news. #wavesatDrWatts

If that's the case, I'll go ahead and say it….

I sent two kids through UAB. One was involved in athleticsand loved every minute.

I've been following the Blazers since Bartow. Coach Clark is one of the best coaches (people) to happen since Bartow.

IF they kill football. I'm done. There, I said it and I mean it.

RE: "Dr Watts... Thank you for giving us something to believe in!" - B'ham Blazer - 11-10-2014 07:57 AM

(11-10-2014 07:12 AM)BlazerFire Wrote:  

I sent two kids through UAB. One was involved in athleticsand loved every minute.

I've been following the Blazers since Bartow. Coach Clark is one of the best coaches (people) to happen since Bartow.

A lot of us feel the same way. It would be a disaster for them!

RE: "Dr Watts... Thank you for giving us something to believe in!" - Matrix - 11-10-2014 08:28 AM

(11-10-2014 07:57 AM)Bham Blazer Wrote:  
(11-10-2014 07:12 AM)BlazerFire Wrote:  

A lot of us feel the same way. It would be a disaster for them!

It's going to be catastrophic.

RE: "Dr Watts... Thank you for giving us something to believe in!" - B'ham Blazer - 11-10-2014 08:46 AM

Can you imagine the backlash from the national media?

RE: "Dr Watts... Thank you for giving us something to believe in!" - UAB Band Dad - 11-10-2014 08:51 AM

If we're talking about the backlash after they close our football down, I'd just as soon not.

RE: "Dr Watts... Thank you for giving us something to believe in!" - B'ham Blazer - 11-10-2014 08:55 AM

True, I wish there was a lot of backlash now. Most of them have no idea how serious this really is.

RE: "Dr Watts... Thank you for giving us something to believe in!" - BlazerFire - 11-10-2014 09:23 AM

(11-10-2014 08:55 AM)Bham Blazer Wrote:  True, I wish there was a lot of backlash now. Most of them have no idea how serious this really is.

I'm just one person – and just one long time fan and supporter of the school. But I'm as serious as a heart attack. If they kill football, I'm done.

They can have their damn bowling team.

RE: "Dr Watts... Thank you for giving us something to believe in!" - legalblazer - 11-10-2014 09:36 AM

There will not be a bowling team if football is gone. However many women's sports it takes to get 85 scholarships back is how many women's sports will be axed too.

RE: "Dr Watts... Thank you for giving us something to believe in!" - ATTALLABLAZE - 11-10-2014 09:38 AM

They have an out. I hope they make us all look stupid. I will gladly wear that banner because that means football is safe.

RE: "Dr Watts... Thank you for giving us something to believe in!" - Smaug - 11-10-2014 09:49 AM

(11-10-2014 09:36 AM)legalblazer Wrote:  There will not be a bowling team if football is gone. However many women's sports it takes to get 85 scholarships back is how many women's sports will be axed too.

This.

Losing football has a cascading catastrophic effect on all athletics, and will KILL our women's teams.

RE: "Dr Watts... Thank you for giving us something to believe in!" - BlazerFire - 11-10-2014 10:36 AM

(11-10-2014 09:38 AM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  They have an out. I hope they make us all look stupid. I will gladly wear that banner because that means football is safe.

Same here Attalla.

RE: "Dr Watts... Thank you for giving us something to believe in!" - biglizard - 11-10-2014 10:53 AM

(11-10-2014 09:38 AM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  They have an out. I hope they make us all look stupid. I will gladly wear that banner because that means football is safe.

I will gladly wear the mantle of paranoid. But they can't wait until the "study" is finished, nicely wrapped and then ponder the consequences. At this point scheduling is going to be a nightmare anyway delaying only makes it worse. If they prove us right they had better be ready to pay out a bunch of money to get out of current game contracts because there won't be any players left after the mass transfers. They players that would be left simply wouldn't be safe going out an playing SEC teams just to fulfill any obligations.