CSNbbs
Letter to Dr. Watts from the B-Club - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: UAB (/forum-448.html)
+------ Forum: UAB Blazers (/forum-384.html)
+------- Forum: The Gene Bartow Memorial Forum (/forum-388.html)
+------- Thread: Letter to Dr. Watts from the B-Club (/thread-711145.html)

Pages: 1 2

Letter to Dr. Watts from the B-Club - ATTALLABLAZE - 11-05-2014 03:48 PM

This letter is seeking support from the UAB President and Administration for head Coach Bill Clark and the UAB Football Program. It also asks questions about extending Coach Clark's contract and future scheduling past 2016.

Justin Craft
Lee Miller
Izell Reese
Brian Thomas
Roddy White

[Image: attachment.php?aid=6138]
[Image: attachment.php?aid=6139]
[Image: attachment.php?aid=6140]
[Image: attachment.php?aid=6141]
[Image: attachment.php?aid=6142]

We would do Birmingham a great disservice if we dreamed too little dreams - Joseph Volker

BlazerTalk.com is in full support of this letter, The B Club, Bill Clark, and UAB Football. - AB

RE: Letter to Dr. Watts from the B-Club - hooverblazer - 11-05-2014 06:07 PM

Very well said. Now let's see the response.

RE: Letter to Dr. Watts from the B-Club - blazertke - 11-05-2014 06:08 PM

Well done guys!

RE: Letter to Dr. Watts from the B-Club - blazers9911 - 11-05-2014 06:10 PM

Looks great.

RE: Letter to Dr. Watts from the B-Club - FNblazer - 11-05-2014 06:17 PM

04-bow

RE: Letter to Dr. Watts from the B-Club - BirminghamBound - 11-05-2014 06:21 PM

Oustanding.

RE: Letter to Dr. Watts from the B-Club - B'ham Blazer - 11-05-2014 06:26 PM

Wow, that is thought out very well.........good job, guys!

RE: Letter to Dr. Watts from the B-Club - CourtsideBlazer - 11-05-2014 06:28 PM

Justin Craft & state Rep Jack Williams will be on Fox 6 "Good Day Alabama" in the morning. Not sure what time yet.

RE: Letter to Dr. Watts from the B-Club - LairDweller - 11-05-2014 06:29 PM

very well said, and great points. unfortunately, all things that he already knows…and doesn't care about (I'm not arguing that he shouldn't be reminded)

RE: Letter to Dr. Watts from the B-Club - BandGrad - 11-05-2014 07:13 PM

Well written. It scares me to know what I know.

RE: Letter to Dr. Watts from the B-Club - Uncle BLAZER - 11-05-2014 07:37 PM

Well written and great first strike. It's such a damn shame that UAB has to put up with this ****. That fact that it comes on the best season in years is proof to me that the real motivation for these attacks are purely out of fear that UAB football has potential to be competitor in the state with the other programs. The huge difference from last season to this, shows that.

Give them hell and don't stop. It may get ugly but y'all get uglier.

If I can do anything to help, let me know.

Go Blazers!

RE: Letter to Dr. Watts from the B-Club - UAB Band Dad - 11-05-2014 07:42 PM

(11-05-2014 06:29 PM)LairDweller Wrote:  very well said, and great points. unfortunately, all things that he already knows…and doesn't care about (I'm not arguing that he shouldn't be reminded)

It's not about changing his mind. It's about fostering a favorable impression of the program and the direction we're heading in. That makes it much harder to chop it politically.

It's also why it is important to *not* make it about the Board of Trustees or about UA. Instead we need to talk about the benefits to Birmingham's economy and civic life.

Bringing the Barons to a new downtown stadium had tons of detractors. "It will never work. No one goes downtown after dark. It's not safe" and etc. Look at how the Railroad Park area has exploded, with new businesses and residential developments. A thriving UAB Athletic program can be a part of that, and an eventual OCS in that area would be big for the city and for UAB.

That's the message we need to get out. Birmingham is still the football capital of the south - if you bring them good football. Let us build the program and we'll do exactly that. Bill Clark has already started and he's just in his first year.

RE: Letter to Dr. Watts from the B-Club - ATTALLABLAZE - 11-05-2014 07:44 PM

BINGO!

RE: Letter to Dr. Watts from the B-Club - MbouchUABSiena - 11-05-2014 08:01 PM

Glad to see the support is Still There.,. Jim Hilyer started this program on rocks. think it will continue on rocks. and inspiration of fans like myself. But build. with Rocks . you wont discontinue what the program offers and thats education, oppurtiny. lifes 20 years later that without would not be their . you see football . we see education and lifes changed one game at a time. Pull the plug and youve pulled, future of bright eyed blazers wanting to learn and play. With out UAB Football youve got no Roddy. Josh, or Curtis , who grow up to be Atrists, Doctors, Lawyers, Teachers and workers.!.

RE: Letter to Dr. Watts from the B-Club - MareeDragon - 11-05-2014 08:40 PM

Thanks, AttallaBlaze, for posting the letter. And many thanks, to the folks who stepped up and sent this letter (and did all the behind-the-scenes work that went into it). It is thought provoking and well written.

My motto: Never Give Up

As a fan, it has been discouraging to attend away games at other colleges, even those smaller than UAB, that have better facilities, and, as a result, more student involvement because of investments made in their athletic programs. UAB has not been idle, but we need more.

I'm hoping this letter will energize the people who are in the position to make the changes needed to bring these goals to reality. Dr. Watts is certainly already doing many positive things to improve UAB. I hope he will recognize and utilize the enthusiasm and drive exhibited by those who support the UAB football program.

Go Blazers!

RE: Letter to Dr. Watts from the B-Club - BlazrDawg - 11-05-2014 08:47 PM

Terrific letter, Justin and the rest of those B Club members. Looking forward to seeing all of you Friday night and Saturday.

RE: Letter to Dr. Watts from the B-Club - CourtsideBlazer - 11-06-2014 06:39 AM

Justin Craft 7 Rep. JAck Williams will be on "Good Day Alabama" on Fox 6 this morning @ 7:10ish. Expect to hear much more about the positive influence UAB football has/can have on Birmingham.

RE: Letter to Dr. Watts from the B-Club - blunderbuss - 11-06-2014 09:01 AM

Sad thing is. I'm afraid that the more positives (university growth, competitive program, etc) you point out for UAB, the more likely they are to shut it down. Not trying to be a wet blanket here but considering the BOT nothing would shock me.

RE: Letter to Dr. Watts from the B-Club - Uncle BLAZER - 11-06-2014 09:24 AM

That's the ****** part. The board is doing this not because the of the negatives but because of the positives. Still, you gotta fight.

RE: Letter to Dr. Watts from the B-Club - ATTALLABLAZE - 11-06-2014 09:25 AM

UAB, the only place you get run off for doing good! See Garrison.