CSNbbs
A little help to make the FCS look better! - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Inactive Areas (/forum-770.html)
+--- Forum: FCSbbs (/forum-258.html)
+---- Forum: FCS General Discussion (/forum-39.html)
+---- Thread: A little help to make the FCS look better! (/thread-710826.html)

A little help to make the FCS look better! - The4thOption - 11-03-2014 01:53 PM

Hey guys.. Georgia Southern Fan here.

I'm asking for a little help from all FCS fans.

As you probably know, We moved over the FBS this season and have earned enough wins to be Bowl Eligible. But a rule is still on the books that prevents us from receiving a Bowl bid unless not enough other FBS teams finish with 6 wins.

We are trying to get the rule changed.
There is no possible advantage that we could have over teams playing with 22 more scholarships for years!

This COULD effect your program if you ever move up. And it would make the FCS look better imop if one of them moved up and went straight to a bowl game in the first year.

It cant hurt and we would appreciate any signatures and shares to face book etc.

Thank you to those who help.
Pettion for Bowl for Georgia Southern

RE: A little help to make the FCS look better! - toddjnsn - 11-04-2014 12:40 AM

I agree with the current rule -- and I'd only agree to change it slightly:

a) If you play two P5 teams, and 1 or 0 FCS teams -- with an attendance averaging 15k+ -- no limitations apply
b) If you win your conference -- no limitations apply
c) If you get to 9+ wins against FBS teams, including a P5 team -- no limitations apply

I think you guys should be OK. You played two P5 teams and you didn't play more than 1 FCS team, right? I think before the "imported" teams would play like 2-3 FCS OOC games, that's why. Plus, they probably fear an "amount of fans" issue and want you to build up a fan-base somewhat (to Go to bowls).

In a sense, it's like you're an interim FBS team. I don't think it should be absolute, though. But I think they're understandably weary about making "rules" about it, because they'll just bicker and complain about not meeting the rules in the end -- so it's "You have to be interim for a couple years before you can reap the benefits".