CSNbbs
ot - TODD FRANCE FAKE FG IN 2001 - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Toledo (/forum-479.html)
+----- Thread: ot - TODD FRANCE FAKE FG IN 2001 (/thread-704570.html)

ot - TODD FRANCE FAKE FG IN 2001 - MotoRocket - 09-21-2014 07:03 PM

Does anyone know of a link to that play. I wanted to share it with someone who thought he saw the best fake play from a high school play. I still think this tops that. Can't find it anywhere.

RE: ot - TODD FRANCE FAKE FG IN 2001 - indianasniff - 09-22-2014 08:55 PM

Geek up the middle was a great play

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

RE: ot - TODD FRANCE FAKE FG IN 2001 - MotoRocket - 09-23-2014 06:37 PM

I know - I just can't find a video of it anywhere on the internet. Tried quite a few key words in the search - and nothing but articles about it. It was televised - but I keep forgetting it was 13 years ago...

RE: ot - TODD FRANCE FAKE FG IN 2001 - Henry Burlingame - 09-23-2014 07:40 PM

I think the play you are referring to was the play where France ran straight into the goalpost after scoring the touchdown. There don't appear to be any videos of that play on the internet, but one of the local TV stations might have saved it.

Although I've seen the France fake referred to as the "nerd up the middle" play, I think the first time that term was used was in 2006 when Alex Steigerwald took a pitch from the holder and scored a late touchdown up the middle against Akron. In his post-game press conference, Amstutz called it "nerd up the middle." Steigerwald was not a tall guy and on the skinny side. I used to watch him warm-up his kicking leg on the sidelines and think how slight he looked compared to the other players.

RE: ot - TODD FRANCE FAKE FG IN 2001 - T4C8 - 09-23-2014 08:41 PM

It was on one of those season highlight videos that were put out during the beckman era, if that helps ya find it

ot - TODD FRANCE FAKE FG IN 2001 - adunifon - 09-24-2014 08:51 AM

(09-23-2014 07:40 PM)Henry Burlingame Wrote:  I think the play you are referring to was the play where France ran straight into the goalpost after scoring the touchdown. There don't appear to be any videos of that play on the internet, but one of the local TV stations might have saved it.

Although I've seen the France fake referred to as the "nerd up the middle" play, I think the first time that term was used was in 2006 when Alex Steigerwald took a pitch from the holder and scored a late touchdown up the middle against Akron. In his post-game press conference, Amstutz called it "nerd up the middle." Steigerwald was not a tall guy and on the skinny side. I used to watch him warm-up his kicking leg on the sidelines and think how slight he looked compared to the other players.

Nerd up the middle was coined back on that France play. Not in '06.

RE: ot - TODD FRANCE FAKE FG IN 2001 - RangerRocket - 09-24-2014 09:07 AM

Can't find video, but here's an article from the 12/01/01 Blade:

http://www.toledoblade.com/UT/2001/12/01/The-kick-that-wasn-t-rescued-the-Rockets.html