CSNbbs
Check out this Charles Hollis line - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: UAB (/forum-448.html)
+------ Forum: UAB Blazers (/forum-384.html)
+------- Forum: The Gene Bartow Memorial Forum (/forum-388.html)
+------- Thread: Check out this Charles Hollis line (/thread-703007.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Check out this Charles Hollis line - blazr - 09-12-2014 09:06 AM

Charles Hollis' picks for this weekend:

Hollis Picks

Quote:Mississippi State vs. South Alabama
If the Jaguars and their fans want to know how far their young program has come -- now that it is eligible for conference titles and bowl trips -- play the socks off 14 1/2 point favorite Mississippi State in front of that sellout crowd at Ladd-Peebles. South has more firepower than UAB and the defense is better. Its opponent, however, might be a legit contender in the SEC West.
Mississippi State 30, South Alabama 21

South Alabama Prep has played one game: 23-13 win @Kent St.

RE: Check out this Charles Hollis line - Smaug - 09-12-2014 09:07 AM

Moo U in a blowout.

RE: Check out this Charles Hollis line - nicknitro19 - 09-12-2014 09:11 AM

I'll admit I don't really know much about University of South Alabama, but once again some one is underestimating UAB. How does he know USA is better a gut feeling or is he judging us based on last year?

RE: Check out this Charles Hollis line - the_blazerman - 09-12-2014 09:12 AM

Speaking out of his backside again.

RE: Check out this Charles Hollis line - AnimeBlazer - 09-12-2014 09:13 AM

It's b8, m8. Hollis is going all out!

RE: Check out this Charles Hollis line - ATTALLABLAZE - 09-12-2014 09:16 AM

I just read the Jag fans claiming they have better skill players than UAB. I rarely root for an SEC team but I will make an exception here. The Sun belt fans are getting pretty obnoxious.

RE: Check out this Charles Hollis line - Smaug - 09-12-2014 09:21 AM

Maybe QB, because I don't know squat about theirs and ours are still getting their game legs under them, but a better backfield than Howard/Vinson? A better TE than Kennard Backman? Better wideouts than Nelson, Staples, Humphrey, et al?

That I'll have to see to believe.

RE: Check out this Charles Hollis line - KevMo4UAB - 09-12-2014 09:27 AM

Well, it's sounds like Charles Hollis is not currently on the UAB bandwagon.

However, he picked UAB 45 - Alabama A&M 7.

RE: Check out this Charles Hollis line - BlazerPhil - 09-12-2014 09:32 AM

(09-12-2014 09:13 AM)AnimeBlazer Wrote:  It's b8, m8. Hollis is going all out!

Agreed. There is chum in the water. Hollis is fishing for dragons.

RE: Check out this Charles Hollis line - BandGrad - 09-12-2014 09:37 AM

I'll be cheering on the Moo's this week. I can't stand South AL.

RE: Check out this Charles Hollis line - blazr - 09-12-2014 09:40 AM

(09-12-2014 09:32 AM)BlazerPhil Wrote:  
(09-12-2014 09:13 AM)AnimeBlazer Wrote:  It's b8, m8. Hollis is going all out!

Agreed. There is chum in the water. Hollis is fishing for dragons.

Occam's razor: Hollis buried a line in his South Alabama prediction to bait UAB fans for clicks/comments; or Hollis doesn't know what the hell he's talking about (including anything about UAB).

Actually, Occam's razor doesn't have to be invoked as we have ample proof over the years of the latter hypothesis.

RE: Check out this Charles Hollis line - BAMANBLAZERFAN - 09-12-2014 09:51 AM

(09-12-2014 09:06 AM)blazr Wrote:  Charles Hollis' picks for this weekend:

Hollis Picks

If the Jaguars and their fans want to know how far their young program has come -- now that it is eligible for conference titles and bowl trips -- play the socks off 14 1/2 point favorite Mississippi State in front of that sellout crowd at Ladd-Peebles. South has more firepower than UAB and the defense is better. Its opponent, however, might be a legit contender in the SEC West.

Kent State plays Ohio State Sat. USM plays @ Bama. Will the scores be comparable to earlier games?

USA is a school with certain advantages we have discussed before - one critical one being it has its own BOT. Its area industrial base is growing with state recruited new companies (I won't hold breath waiting for the state to do the same for Jeffco) and USA has its own state medical and pharmacy schools. How this will all translate on the football field over time is open to conjecture, but that is what such arguments are all about. By 2020, metro Mobile can become the state's largest metro area.

RE: Check out this Charles Hollis line - BlazerPhil - 09-12-2014 09:51 AM

So, you don't figure Hollis watched UAB & M$U in preparation for Saturday ?

RE: Check out this Charles Hollis line - blazr - 09-12-2014 09:57 AM

(09-12-2014 09:51 AM)BlazerPhil Wrote:  So, you don't figure Hollis watched UAB & M$U in preparation for Saturday ?

[Image: notsureifserious-jpg.64335]

RE: Check out this Charles Hollis line - BeliefBlazer - 09-12-2014 09:59 AM

He's just basing it on last year's results. We'll see how the game plays out. USA does have the advantage of laying at home.

I would caution reading too much into one Troy game for us. North Texas demolished SMU but look what happened to them last night.

RE: Check out this Charles Hollis line - blazer-J - 09-12-2014 10:00 AM

(09-12-2014 09:51 AM)BAMANBLAZERFAN Wrote:  
(09-12-2014 09:06 AM)blazr Wrote:  Charles Hollis' picks for this weekend:

Hollis Picks

Kent State plays Ohio State Sat. USM plays @ Bama. Will the scores be comparable to earlier games?

USA is a school with certain advantages we have discussed before - one critical one being it has its own BOT. Its area industrial base is growing with state recruited new companies (I won't hold breath waiting for the state to do the same for Jeffco) and USA has its own state medical and pharmacy schools. How this will all translate on the football field over time is open to conjecture, but that is what such arguments are all about. By 2020, metro Mobile can become the state's largest metro area.
They may pass b'ham in population by 2020, but the metro is no even close.

RE: Check out this Charles Hollis line - BlazerPhil - 09-12-2014 10:01 AM

(09-12-2014 09:57 AM)blazr Wrote:  
(09-12-2014 09:51 AM)BlazerPhil Wrote:  So, you don't figure Hollis watched UAB & M$U in preparation for Saturday ?

[Image: notsureifserious-jpg.64335]

I didn't see your hypotheses as either/or choice to explain Hollis' comment, but more of an amalgam of both .

RE: Check out this Charles Hollis line - B'ham Blazer - 09-12-2014 10:08 AM

(09-12-2014 10:00 AM)blazer-J Wrote:  
(09-12-2014 09:51 AM)BAMANBLAZERFAN Wrote:  [quote='blazr' pid='11106813' dateline='1410530774']
Charles Hollis' picks for this weekend:

Hollis Picks

They may pass b'ham in population by 2020, but the metro is no even close.
[/quote

Yeah, and the fact that Birmingham's GDP is 3 times what Mobile's is. With that said, I hope $tate rips South Alabama a new one!

RE: Check out this Charles Hollis line - LoBo6 - 09-12-2014 10:42 AM

I don't follow South Alabama football much, other than to see whats going on in recruiting. I can promise you that they don't have anywhere near the firepower that UAB has. Defensively they could be close, but lack the depth that we have on defense.I'm gonna say that we have as much firepower as anyone in Conference USA. I hope that our 2 QB's will play well enough to help prove this. If they can mature we will be very explosive(to many weapons),if they don't we might end up middle of the pack(6-6 or 7-5). Still hoping that we get to see ARSENIO FAVORS on the field with all of those weapons.Lastly an injury free OL really makes this offense special.

RE: Check out this Charles Hollis line - rook360 - 09-12-2014 10:44 AM

All I know is our game had an affect on all fronts.
Ticked off and worried MSU fans.
Overconfident USA fans.
UAB fans happy for our improvement and that others keep overlooking us based off of last year.