CSNbbs
Saban- The best college coach in football today - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SECbbs (/forum-285.html)
+---- Forum: SEC West Team Talk (/forum-238.html)
+----- Forum: LSU (/forum-243.html)
+----- Thread: Saban- The best college coach in football today (/thread-6980.html)

Pages: 1 2

- nashvillegoldenflash - 01-05-2004 01:30 AM

Although the FedEx commercial suggests that an MBA needs help with shipping, we can at least recognize superior management. As I stated before, Nick Saban is the best college football coach today and his superior management skills were proven tonight. Like an astute CEO of an organization, Saban had total command of the game. While Stoops demonstrated a lack of composure at times during the game, Saban was always in control.

While most experts predicted that Oklahoma would win the Sugar Bowl, I was confident that LSU would handle the Sooners because Saban is a far better coach than Stoops and LSU is the champion of the best conference in the country. To support my premise that the SEC is better than the Big 12, I will point out that the SEC was 5-2 in its bowl games while the Big 12 was 2-6.

As pointed out during the game, Mauck is a great manager of the LSU offense and Saban, like a CEO, knows how to utilize his manager's skills. Saban didn

- calling_the_hogs - 01-05-2004 11:08 AM

Congrats to LSU...good win for the conference.

And to OU.... HAHAHAHA... OU's more like BLOW U

WPS

- 10MAN - 01-07-2004 12:19 AM

nashvillegoldenflash Wrote:However, the National Championship goes to the LSU Tigers who are the most deserving of the title.
Not so fast my friend. First off, let me correct you on something. While LSU may be deserving of the National Championship, and they are, don't forget about the USC Trojans who are equally, if not arguably, more deserving.

And secondly, you speak of Stoops as if because he was outcoached by Satan that Stoops is the second best coach. Nonsense, I don't even think Stoops is the third best coach, but Pete Carroll is definitely the best college football coach in the game today, YES, BETTER than Satan. I'm not saying Satan is not a good coach, he is, in fact he's damn good but not better than Carroll, sorry. :wave:

We could argue this topic all day and all year but you will never convince me otherwise, nor will you convince most of the country. Pete Carroll is a slightly better coach, and USC, in my opinion, is slightly better than LSU.

Congrats on beating a pretender, LSU. USC will be glad to share half of their National Championship with you. :D

- O-U-want-some? - 01-07-2004 11:29 AM

10MAN Wrote:
nashvillegoldenflash Wrote:However, the National Championship goes to the LSU Tigers who are the most deserving of the title.
Not so fast my friend. First off, let me correct you on something. While LSU may be deserving of the National Championship, and they are, don't forget about the USC Trojans who are equally, if not arguably, more deserving.

And secondly, you speak of Stoops as if because he was outcoached by Satan that Stoops is the second best coach. Nonsense, I don't even think Stoops is the third best coach, but Pete Carroll is definitely the best college football coach in the game today, YES, BETTER than Satan. I'm not saying Satan is not a good coach, he is, in fact he's damn good but not better than Carroll, sorry. :wave:

We could argue this topic all day and all year but you will never convince me otherwise, nor will you convince most of the country. Pete Carroll is a slightly better coach, and USC, in my opinion, is slightly better than LSU.

Congrats on beating a pretender, LSU. USC will be glad to share half of their National Championship with you. :D
Never have I read such a bias post. Convince most of the country of what?!! In case you havn't noticed, most of the country recognizes Saban as the best coach. If "most of the country" thinks Carroll is the better coach then why did Saban get coach of the year and Carroll didn't? If "most of the country thinks Carroll is the better coach then why is Saban being metioned for every nfl opening? So as you can see, there is no need to convince most of the country that Saban is the better coach. Carroll being the better coach is an opinion shared only by you and a few USC fans.

I understand that you are an Ole Miss fan and you hate LSU but thats no excuse to post things with no merit. Saban is clearly the better coach. You need to remove the blind fold and quit hating.

- Rebel - 01-07-2004 11:37 AM

calling_the_hogs Wrote:Congrats to LSU...good win for the conference.

And to OU.... HAHAHAHA... OU's more like BLOW U

WPS
Sign seen in the endzone:

"The SOONER you leave the better" 03-lol

- calling_the_hogs - 01-07-2004 12:05 PM

How do you break a Sooner's finger? Kick his dog in the butt.

03-lol

WPS

And remember folks... you can't spell hOmosexUal without OU.

- 10MAN - 01-07-2004 01:24 PM

O-U-want-some? Wrote:Never have I read such a bias post. Convince most of the country of what?!! In case you havn't noticed, most of the country recognizes Saban as the best coach. If "most of the country" thinks Carroll is the better coach then why did Saban get coach of the year and Carroll didn't? If "most of the country thinks Carroll is the better coach then why is Saban being metioned for every nfl opening? So as you can see, there is no need to convince most of the country that Saban is the better coach. Carroll being the better coach is an opinion shared only by you and a few USC fans.

I understand that you are an Ole Miss fan and you hate LSU but thats no excuse to post things with no merit. Saban is clearly the better coach. You need to remove the blind fold and quit hating.
Bias? I offer MY opinion of who I thought the best coach in the country is, you call me bias, then you turn right around and say the same thing about Satan. Who's showing bias again? :stupid:

Why did Satan win "COY"? Simple. Bias.

Satan wanted by the NFL? Ok, Carroll has been there, done that, Sweetheart.

And if you think Pete Carroll being the best coach in college football is simply mine and a few other USC fans' opinion, then my friend, not only are you a hypocrite for the above "pot-->meet kettle" retort, but you will have also proven that you aren't that bright.

The last part you sort of got right. I am an Ole Miss fan and I do hate LSU with a passion(not the school, the fans), but I am also a USC fan, so there is plenty of merit in my opinion. My opinion is no better than yours of Satan, so you take off the blinders, Boy.

- O-U-want-some? - 01-07-2004 02:16 PM

We could argue this topic all day and all year but you will never convince me otherwise, nor will you convince most of the country. Pete Carroll is a slightly better coach, and USC, in my opinion, is slightly better than LSU>10Man Quote

This is the part of your post that has no merit. You say, "nor will you convince most of the country". This just isn't the case. By saying this, you are implying that most of the country thinks Carroll is the better coach. From what I've seen in the media and on web sites, Saban seems to be the coach that most of the country thinks is the better. So that particular statement has NO MERIT!!!

You remind me of a school kid that is angry at another kids A+ on his project so you try and discredit his accomplishment. Grow up and learn how to show some class to your foes. That is fine if you think USC is a slightly better team than LSU, but I have to think that your opinion is slightly swayed by your extreme bias and hate for LSU.

If you want respect then learn humility in defeat and success. Learning how to congratulate your hated foes is a sign of maturity. SHOW SOME!!!

- O-U-want-some? - 01-07-2004 02:52 PM

10MAN Wrote:

Just what are you trying to correct in this post anyways? This fellow is just offering up his individual opinion. How can you correct someones opinion. So before you go calling me stupid for calling you bias for stating your opinion, check yourself.

One last thing. You say that you only have a problem with LSU fans yet you call Saban, "Satan". So now you're gonna tell me you hate any coach that leads LSU to a national title, thats just ridiculous. All this bitterness and hatred is pointless especially when you consider this is just sports. Most likely you don't even know the players and have nothing to do with whether they win or lose. Don't hate on the LSU program for having won 2 national titles before you guys even won one. Your day will come, be patient.

- 10MAN - 01-08-2004 12:04 AM

O-U-want-some? Wrote:Just what are you trying to correct in this post anyways? This fellow is just offering up his individual opinion. How can you correct someones opinion. So before you go calling me stupid for calling you bias for stating your opinion, check yourself.
Why is it every single LSpuke fan I come across just happens to be more stupid than the last? What are they doing in the school systems down there in the bayou, are you people even attending educational classes at all anymore?....good God!

I wasn't trying to correct him on anything, it's a figure of speech, Peaches. If you would actually take in what you are attempting to read, then you might have caught that. Please re-read my post, namely this part. Here, I'll quote it for the learning challenged:
Quote:Not so fast my friend. First off, let me correct you on something. While LSU may be deserving of the National Championship, and they are, don't forget about the USC Trojans who are equally, if not arguably, more deserving.
This was in response to the other guy's post, which was this:
Quote:However, the National Championship goes to the LSU Tigers who are the most deserving of the title.

Now, let me spell it out for you since you obviously missed it the 1st time. I thought it was pretty self-explanatory, but then again, you are.....nevermind. Anyway, Sweetheart, his opinion was that the LSU Tiggers are the most deserving of the NC. Fair enough, he is certainly entitled to that opinion. My response was merely trying to not let him forget about the Trojans who, in MY opinion, are the most deserving, which is why I added the word "arguably", because it is debatable, right? Hell, the whole country has been arguing about this since bowl selection Sunday way back when. I never discounted his opinion in the first place, in fact, IF you had read thoroughly, you would have seen that I, in fact, did say LSU was well deserving of the NC, as well.

Now, on the flip side, you have done nothing in this thread but try and discredit my opinion, which is exactly what you have falsely accused me of doing to the originator of this thread. Thus, you are an incredibly impish hypocrite.

That being said, maybe it's time you grow up. You remind me of that punk in high school who always ran his cockhole to the wrong person and got his @$$ beat.

- O-U-want-some? - 01-08-2004 11:16 AM

Sounds like someone's backpedaling to me. How'd your foot taste 10Man? 03-lol

- 10MAN - 01-08-2004 01:06 PM

O-U-want-some? Wrote:How'd your foot taste 10Man? 03-lol
I'm not sure but I'm guessing it wouldn't taste very good right about now since I've been sticking my boot in your @$$ the last couple of days. 03-nutkick

- SouthLink02 - 01-08-2004 01:31 PM

10MAN Wrote:
I'm not sure but I'm guessing it wouldn't taste very good right about now since I've been sticking my boot in your @$$ the last couple of days. 03-nutkick
03-lol 03-lol 03-lol 03-lol 03-lol 04-rock 04-rock

- O-U-want-some? - 01-08-2004 01:40 PM

10MAN Wrote:
As long as you admit you put your foot in your mouth.

Oh by the way, your explanation might explain why everything you say is bull$h*t.

- SouthLink02 - 01-08-2004 01:47 PM

Hey OU...I mean LSU...I mean OMNationalChamps...I mean, oh who cares..... :stupid: 03-cool

- O-U-want-some? - 01-08-2004 01:59 PM

SouthLink02 Wrote:Hey OU...I mean LSU...I mean OMNationalChamps...I mean, oh who cares..... :stupid: 03-cool
Uuuuhhhh....... not funny

BOOOO BOOOO

- SouthLink02 - 01-08-2004 03:26 PM

O-U-want-some? Wrote:
SouthLink02 Wrote:Hey OU...I mean LSU...I mean OMNationalChamps...I mean, oh who cares..... :stupid:  03-cool
Uuuuhhhh....... not funny

BOOOO BOOOO
Not supposed to be funny...just showing how much of an idiot you are....having to switch names and talk to yourself 03-lol 03-lol 03-lol 03-lol

- O-U-want-some? - 01-08-2004 03:45 PM

[quote="SouthLink02"] [quote="O-U-want-some?"] [quote="SouthLink02"] Hey OU...I mean LSU...I mean OMNationalChamps...I mean, oh who cares..... :stupid:

- SouthLink02 - 01-09-2004 06:40 PM

Sure OM...I mean...LSU...I mean OU.... 03-lol 03-lol 03-lol 03-lol

- Bayou Lou - 01-11-2004 11:59 AM

Why waste your time arguing w/ an Ole Miss fan who refuses to give LSU any credit? Let me clue you in on a not so well-kept secret. 90% of OM fans HATE LSU w/ a PASSION. They know that LSU is everything that their school and football program can never be.

It's called jealousy, and it's the reason why the overwhelming majority of Rebels cannot even bring themselves to do the classy thing and congratulate LSU and their fans on achieving something that Ole Miss will never experience. For the record, if Ole Miss had won the NC, I would have been the first person on their boards congratulating them. But, I guess everybody wasn't raised to give credit where it is due, as I was.

Stop wasting your time. This thing runs deep, it's primarily one-sided, and it's really, really pathetic.