CSNbbs
Mr. 33,000...............DesertBronco!!! - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Western Michigan (/forum-469.html)
+------ Forum: Horse**** (/forum-490.html)
+------ Thread: Mr. 33,000...............DesertBronco!!! (/thread-696292.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Mr. 32,000...............DesertBronco!!! - Chipdip2 - 07-29-2014 09:33 PM

Maybe we can get Statman to moderate our board, and Slappy Illustrated. He graduated top of his class from the Fidel Castro School of Free Speech.

RE: Mr. 32,000...............DesertBronco!!! - Liam9903 - 07-29-2014 09:38 PM

Its not the opinions I mind, its the incessant way he monopolizes conversations and carries grudges arguments and personal things into every thread. It makes it difficult to glean any information or have a coherent discussion on anything, especially considering the volume of posts he "contributes''. Dip you and I went a few rounds back when I cared about politics, but the way this board has degenerated into one persons vengeful antagonism towards anyone who isn't as critical of PJ Fleck has really made it more needlessly contentious than its ever been. Thats why I say we need to have some way to focus these discussions. People don't want to come here to read a free flowing 5 year argument between people they don't know or care about.

RE: Mr. 32,000...............DesertBronco!!! - BroncoLifer - 07-29-2014 09:44 PM

Liam, I personally invited you to talk sports instead of worrying about past grudges, it looks like you respectfully declined and still want to hang on to your old axes to grind and have yet to talk WMU sports more than a couple of times since then, let alone the whole day leading up to that invitation.

DB is gone, not sure why you want to dredge up old arguments with him when he's not here to argue with you.

RE: Mr. 32,000...............DesertBronco!!! - Chipdip2 - 07-29-2014 09:52 PM

I'm not a fan of over zealous moderators.

I find the DB, BL, Doo thing kind of amusing.

If I pull up a page and every other post are the same two people I can usually conclude it's pissing match. The first sentence will usually confirm it and I move on to the next post. I don't mind pissing matches that deal with substance. But I'm guilty of being in them too.

RE: Mr. 32,000...............DesertBronco!!! - Liam9903 - 07-29-2014 09:54 PM

(07-29-2014 09:52 PM)Chipdip2 Wrote:  I'm not a fan of over zealous moderators.

Fair enough Mr. Positive. 03-wink

RE: Mr. 32,000...............DesertBronco!!! - WheresWaldo42 - 07-30-2014 05:18 AM

If I pull up a page and every other post are the same two people I can usually conclude it's pissing match. The first sentence will usually confirm it and I move on to the next post. I don't mind pissing matches that deal with substance. But I'm guilty of being in them too.

No offense Dip, but you've been one of the major players in helping destroy every thread the last few weeks.

In the past I have enjoyed your opinions and have tried to enjoy a friendly debate with you when we don't necessarily agree. But even in those cases it often turned into mocking or trying to discredit anything that is said with a different view. I don't know, maybe its because you are in fight mode with DB, but I try very hard not to get personal with these discussions. It doesn't do anything to help the conversation at hand.

As for the others you speak of hijacking every thread, I don't know if there is any way for us to block or not. I would say just ignore, but obviously that is more easily said than done when that is about 2/3 of the posts.

I just want to talk about my team, whether positive or negative, without it turning into a personal pissing match every time something is said.

RE: Mr. 32,000...............DesertBronco!!! - Hoekjeness - 07-30-2014 06:15 AM

(07-30-2014 05:18 AM)WheresWaldo42 Wrote:  But even in those cases it often turned into mocking or trying to discredit anything that is said with a different view.

Some of you act like it is only the pro-P.J. crowd that does this. It happens on both sides of the equation.

RE: Mr. 32,000...............DesertBronco!!! - brovol - 07-30-2014 06:27 AM

So does this count as flecks second win?

RE: Mr. 32,000...............DesertBronco!!! - brovol - 07-30-2014 06:30 AM

For the record, even considering the pissing matches, I would rather have db posting than not posting. The more committed broncos we have the better. I still wish Philly was posting on his original handle. But to each his own. Onward and forward.

RE: Mr. 32,000...............DesertBronco!!! - bronco47 - 07-30-2014 06:35 AM

It's smack talk month. Same thing every year.

RE: Mr. 32,000...............DesertBronco!!! - bronco47 - 07-30-2014 06:38 AM

Ps I miss GoBaseline, I'm getting worried. And Whinny.

RE: Mr. 32,000...............DesertBronco!!! - Hoekjeness - 07-30-2014 07:07 AM

(07-30-2014 06:38 AM)bronco47 Wrote:  Ps I miss GoBaseline, I'm getting worried. And Whinny.

I've seen Whinny around here every now and then, but haven't seen gobaseline. I miss his basketball posts.

RE: Mr. 32,000...............DesertBronco!!! - Charm City Bronco - 07-30-2014 07:30 AM

(07-30-2014 05:18 AM)WheresWaldo42 Wrote:  No offense Dip, but you've been one of the major players in helping destroy every thread the last few weeks.

I thought it was my fault? Oh, it was just DB talking out his a55?

Bam, I guess.

RE: Mr. 32,000...............DesertBronco!!! - ChuckNorris - 07-30-2014 07:48 AM

(07-30-2014 07:30 AM)Charm City Bronco Wrote:  
(07-30-2014 05:18 AM)WheresWaldo42 Wrote:  No offense Dip, but you've been one of the major players in helping destroy every thread the last few weeks.

I thought it was my fault? Oh, it was just DB talking out his a55?

Bam, I guess.

This ^.

His new ID's post with a frequency that would make his original ID jealous.

RE: Mr. 32,000...............DesertBronco!!! - Charm City Bronco - 07-30-2014 08:13 AM

(07-30-2014 07:48 AM)ChuckNorris Wrote:  I Root For: 32,000

02-13-bananaCOGS

RE: Mr. 32,000...............DesertBronco!!! - WheresWaldo42 - 07-30-2014 08:15 AM

(07-30-2014 06:15 AM)Hoekjeness Wrote:  
(07-30-2014 05:18 AM)WheresWaldo42 Wrote:  But even in those cases it often turned into mocking or trying to discredit anything that is said with a different view.

Some of you act like it is only the pro-P.J. crowd that does this. It happens on both sides of the equation.

I wont argue that. I just generally happen to be on the opposite side of the discussion to you and CD, when it comes to PJ. Or maybe not necessarily with PJ, but with my frustrations regarding our Athletic Dept and Football Program in general. And suddenly, I was being attacked for not buying in to everything that you guys were selling.

I'm not saying its just you guys or DB (or whatever persona he is trying use now). And I understand that its a message board where part of the "fun" is to hide behind a made up name and attack someone that isn't able to punch you in the nose for doing so. I get that. But the last few weeks, this board has become a mockery. It literally takes about 3 posts to a legit thread before the idiocy starts. That's where I get fed up with it.

We don't have to agree. But good grief, we don't have to act like children either. I just want to talk about football.

RE: Mr. 32,000...............DesertBronco!!! - Liam9903 - 07-30-2014 08:24 AM

(07-30-2014 08:15 AM)WheresWaldo42 Wrote:  We don't have to agree. But good grief, we don't have to act like children either. I just want to talk about football.

I agree. But calling a spade a spade sometimes and not letting one person decide that his "stuff" is more important than every conversation is not the same thing as posting 100 times a day attacking posters over grievances from years past.

RE: Mr. 32,000...............DesertBronco!!! - WheresWaldo42 - 07-30-2014 08:31 AM

(07-30-2014 08:24 AM)Liam9903 Wrote:  
(07-30-2014 08:15 AM)WheresWaldo42 Wrote:  We don't have to agree. But good grief, we don't have to act like children either. I just want to talk about football.

I agree. But calling a spade a spade sometimes and not letting one person decide that his "stuff" is more important than every conversation is not the same thing as posting 100 times a day attacking posters over grievances from years past.

I also agree.

RE: Mr. 32,000...............DesertBronco!!! - EA3 - 07-30-2014 08:32 AM

(07-30-2014 06:38 AM)bronco47 Wrote:  Ps I miss GoBaseline, I'm getting worried. And Whinny.

^this

throw in Acer as well

RE: Mr. 32,000...............DesertBronco!!! - Chipdip2 - 07-30-2014 12:24 PM

(07-30-2014 05:18 AM)WheresWaldo42 Wrote:  

No offense Dip, but you've been one of the major players in helping destroy every thread the last few weeks.

In the past I have enjoyed your opinions and have tried to enjoy a friendly debate with you when we don't necessarily agree. But even in those cases it often turned into mocking or trying to discredit anything that is said with a different view. I don't know, maybe its because you are in fight mode with DB, but I try very hard not to get personal with these discussions. It doesn't do anything to help the conversation at hand.

As for the others you speak of hijacking every thread, I don't know if there is any way for us to block or not. I would say just ignore, but obviously that is more easily said than done when that is about 2/3 of the posts.

I just want to talk about my team, whether positive or negative, without it turning into a personal pissing match every time something is said.

Your mistake is thinking I actually care. This is pure entertainment. I care about WMU sports, but I really don't care whether people are socially appropriate or inappropriate here. I could care less if I am liked or disliked here. I'm a 100% sure that most everyone here are fine! productive citizens! and good people. You can't judge people based on a stupid web board.

I've met a dozen or so people here and they're all great folks.....including believe it or not..DB. I love and respect my brother, but sometimes we go at it. Because a web board is impersonale we tend to speak our minds and throw out social norms. The key is to blow it off and not let it get to you. I guarentee you that DB sees this place as pure entertainment. Fills some gaps in his day. But at the end of the day he doesn't give a chit how any of us feel about him. Nor should he.

It's a weird world. I know people who spend their vacation telling their "friends" (I use that term loosely) on Facebook, what they are doing on their vacation. I've sat at tables when out to dinner, and half the table was reading and sending texts telling their friend what they were doing and who they were with, but not actually conversing with the people sitting right next to them.

You can't take this virtual reality we've created too seriously.