CSNbbs
We're not going away Big East fans... - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+----- Forum: AACbbs Smack Talk (/forum-423.html)
+----- Thread: We're not going away Big East fans... (/thread-69398.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

We're not going away Big East fans... - Cowboy Junky - 11-11-2006 05:53 PM

You started drinking your own kool aid. Welcome back to the real world. Even the worlds largest cupcake bakery can't make your conference look like national contenders. You may have three teams in the top 25, but not one national title contender.

As a reminder, if the MWC adds Boise State this year, like I think they will, we'll likely have three top 25 teams as well. You should just stop comparing yourself to the SEC and change your name to the Mountain East to reflect your level of play.

Is BYU at 10-2, TCU at 10-2, and Boise at 12-0 any worse than WVU, Louisville, and Rutgers at 11-1. Most people don't think it is. Especially after you compare the ooc shedules of all six of those teams.

Get used to it Big East. You're now the Mountain East Conference.

- JPBearcat3 - 11-11-2006 05:59 PM

we do have three top 25 teams - but these three happen to be top 10 teams... how many top 10's do you have?

- CatsClaw - 11-11-2006 06:01 PM

You started drinking your own kool aid. Welcome back to the real world. Even the worlds largest cupcake bakery can't make your conference look like national contenders. You may have three teams in the top 25, but not one national title contender.

Ummm, we have 3 Top 15 teams, likely soon to be Top 10 teams, and two of them were national title contender until they lost. If the next few teams lose they're not national title contenders either. I guess the Pac-10 should call themselves the Mountain West Conference because USC and Cal are as much in the title picture as Louisville and West Virginia.

As a reminder, if the MWC adds Boise State this year, like I think they will, we'll likely have three top 25 teams as well. You should just stop comparing yourself to the SEC and change your name to the Mountain East to reflect your level of play.

A reminder to you, the Mountain West Conference means nothing. Not only are you not a threat to the Big East, your conference means nothing on the national scale. It's pretty pathetic that you have to threaten to take Boise State in order to get national respect. OOOOHHHH, the rest of the country is SO scared. Right now you have ONE Top 25 team that is on the fringe of the Top 25. The Big East has 3 Top 12 teams, likely 3 Top 10 teams. Stop comparing yourself to the Big East because it's embarrassing. The Big East plays for BCS bids and national championships, Top 25 rankings and competing on the national level. Your biggest claim to fame is having one fringe Top 25 team, one team that MIGHT crack the Top 25, and potentially stealing the WAC's Top 25 team. Wow, what a powerhouse conference the MWC is!

Is BYU at 10-2, TCU at 10-2, and Boise at 12-0 any worse than WVU, Louisville, and Rutgers at 11-1. Most people don't think it is. Especially after you compare the ooc shedules of all six of those teams.

Yes it is, and it will show in the rankings. Losers brag about OOC schedules when they don't win any of those games in the OOC schedule. It's one thing to say "we played such and such tough, we have something to build on". But when you say "we played such and such tough thus we're better then you", then it's just pathetic.

If we were the Mountain West Conference no one would be talking about us. Last I checked, Game Day didn't give a damn about the MWC, and never will. Heck, you can't even get a television package! Maybe the Cartoon Network will feel bad and start broadcasting MWC games. That would be fitting! Now run along little boy and let the men do their jobs!

- WacoBearcat - 11-11-2006 06:08 PM

Cowboy Junky,

You are in need of some serious drug rehab. Good lord man, get you head out of the medicine cabinet. lmfao lmfao lmfao

- ClairtonPanther - 11-11-2006 06:10 PM

lmao @ dis guy... i honestly don't think boise st is that good...

- Longstrangetrip - 11-11-2006 06:10 PM

Quote:We're not going away Big East fans...

We wish you would tool.

Re: We're not going away Big East fans... - SF Husky - 11-11-2006 06:12 PM

Cowboy Junky Wrote:You started drinking your own kool aid. Welcome back to the real world. Even the worlds largest cupcake bakery can't make your conference look like national contenders. You may have three teams in the top 25, but not one national title contender.

How many times MWC has to be embarrassed before you go away? Your conference sucks and it is worse than the WAC.

BE is like light years ahead of you. Even if BE does not have a NC contender, so what? Last I checked there are only 2 teams that can play for the NC.

Go crawl back to your MWC board and seek some medical help for your condition.

- CatsClaw - 11-11-2006 06:14 PM

Poor delusional MWC fans. So sad. What is worse, having a few talking heads complaining that you have national powers but don't deserve a BCS title game berth because of your OOC schedule, or not being talked about at all and not being seen at all? Yeah, I'm sure adding Boise will shore up that television deal and automatic BCS bid! lmfao

Re: We're not going away Big East fans... - Maize - 11-11-2006 06:17 PM

Cowboy Junky Wrote:You started drinking your own kool aid. Welcome back to the real world. Even the worlds largest cupcake bakery can't make your conference look like national contenders. You may have three teams in the top 25, but not one national title contender.

Put down the BONG. When the MWC has 3 teams in the Top 12 then come talk to us. Otherwise you look stupid.

- NYORL - 11-11-2006 06:19 PM

cowboy junky is definitely on crack. stay on your mountain west board, nobody cares about the mountain west, you non-bcs loser. lmfao

Re: We're not going away Big East fans... - Longstrangetrip - 11-11-2006 06:20 PM

Cowboy Junky Wrote:Is BYU at 10-2, TCU at 10-2, and Boise at 12-0 any worse than WVU, Louisville, and Rutgers at 11-1. Most people don't think it is. Especially after you compare the ooc shedules of all six of those teams.

Is a Wyoming fan whos team is 0-1 against the Big East this year really talking sh-it?

Re: We're not going away Big East fans... - mattsarz - 11-11-2006 06:24 PM

Longstrangetrip Wrote:
Cowboy Junky Wrote:Is BYU at 10-2, TCU at 10-2, and Boise at 12-0 any worse than WVU, Louisville, and Rutgers at 11-1. Most people don't think it is. Especially after you compare the ooc shedules of all six of those teams.

Is a Wyoming fan whos team is 0-1 against the Big East this year really talking sh-it?

Actually its the one who had his team get smacked 55-7 by BYU on Thursday night when a fair portion of the nation was watching another game.

Anyone here know what game was on Thursday?

Re: We're not going away Big East fans... - eldermars - 11-11-2006 06:39 PM

SF Husky Wrote:How many times MWC has to be embarrassed before you go away? Your conference sucks and it is worse than the WAC. BE is like light years ahead of you. Even if BE does not have a NC contender, so what? Last I checked there are only 2 teams that can play for the NC. Go crawl back to your MWC board and seek some medical help for your condition.
I had to open this thread link that SF Husky posted on the MWC board, just to check and see if he actually posts on any website other than the Mountain West's.

As for the Big east, they're doing fine this year. They may not have a national championship contender, but then again neither does the ACC.

I just want to see Rutgers play Boise State in the Fiesta Bowl. That would be a close game.

Re: We're not going away Big East fans... - eldermars - 11-11-2006 06:41 PM

mattsarz Wrote:Anyone here know what game was on Thursday?
BYU-Wyoming 02-13-banana and Buffalo-Akron, if I remember correctly. ;-)

- CollegeCard - 11-11-2006 06:43 PM

Crackhead junky, you're a flippin fool. I've written 8 times on the MWC board, but Boise does NOT COUNT. You can't count teams not in your league. Get it? Not too tough.

Boise at earliest is playing in the MWC in 2008, and that is a season too late to count 2006 Boise for the MWC. Sorry!

- Longstrangetrip - 11-11-2006 06:45 PM

Where is this board you are talking about?

- Maize - 11-11-2006 07:06 PM

Longstrangetrip Wrote:Where is this board you are talking about?

Here ya go.

http://www.mwcboard.com/www/forums/index.php

- Longstrangetrip - 11-11-2006 07:22 PM

Thanks Maize.

- SF Husky - 11-11-2006 07:36 PM

Maize, myself and couple other BE posters have been over there doing battles with those idiots for a long time now. They still live in the dream world. They really should focus on WAC as their rival.

- Maize - 11-11-2006 07:46 PM

SF Husky Wrote:Maize, myself and couple other BE posters have been over there doing battles with those idiots for a long time now. They still live in the dream world. They really should focus on WAC as their rival.

Some of the more reasonable ones are the TCU fans.

I have nothing against the MWC but instead of worrying about the Big East some of them need to try to get better themselves.

They should look at what the Big East has done to build up our conference instead of looking at the ACC Raid model which really hasn't help them.