CSNbbs
Favorite SBC Team Logos - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: Favorite SBC Team Logos (/thread-691816.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Favorite SBC Team Logos - RamblinRedWolf44 - 06-29-2014 01:11 PM

I gotta ask while we're on the subject of UTA-how is it Lamar was able to bring football back but not UTA?

(06-29-2014 11:08 AM)tux Wrote:  
(06-29-2014 08:05 AM)runamuck Wrote:  
(06-12-2014 11:16 AM)chrisattsu Wrote:  
(06-12-2014 06:41 AM)FoUTASportscaster Wrote:  So I guess this thread is only for the football schools?

Fine UTA...here you go
Hornets
[Image: Hornet.jpg]
Junior Aggies
[Image: Junior_Aggie.jpg]
Blue Riders, Rebels
(going to avoid all the Dixie imagery)
Mavericks
[Image: txar-logo.gif]
My little ponies
[Image: Mavs%20Wussy%20Logo-thumb-500x516.jpg]

I actually prefer the sam maverick logo that we had a few years ago. dont care much for the boise state version and most of us around here dont like the addition of the orange to our colors. I like the cajun's logo with the pepper and I like appy state's logo. I think usa needs to redo theirs to look more professionally designed.

I collect SBC school logo T-shirts. I have to say that I like old Sam Maverick logo a lot more than the "Boise'd" new one. Is it still in use, or completely phased out. I can only find shirts with the new logo or just plain-jane UTA in blue text.

RE: Favorite SBC Team Logos - chrisattsu - 06-29-2014 04:06 PM

(06-29-2014 01:11 PM)RamblinRedWolf44 Wrote:  I gotta ask while we're on the subject of UTA-how is it Lamar was able to bring football back but not UTA?
My initial thoughts on it..
1. There is less competition in Beaumont vs Arlington. Lamar is the only thing in town. UTA would have to compete with TCU, SMU, the Texas Rangers, the Cowboys, whatever else Jerrah brings in. In Beaumont you don't have that.

2. Lamar already had a 10,000 person arena for basketball while UTA was playing on a theater stage in Texas Hall. Their president put an athletic fee increase to the vote (which would potentially go to football) and in the end decided a new basketball arena was more important.
[Image: dsc_0261.jpg]

RE: Favorite SBC Team Logos - RamblinRedWolf44 - 06-29-2014 04:30 PM

(06-29-2014 04:07 PM)chrisattsu Wrote:  
(06-29-2014 01:11 PM)RamblinRedWolf44 Wrote:  I gotta ask while we're on the subject of UTA-how is it Lamar was able to bring football back but not UTA?

(06-29-2014 11:08 AM)tux Wrote:  
(06-29-2014 08:05 AM)runamuck Wrote:  
(06-12-2014 11:16 AM)chrisattsu Wrote:  Fine UTA...here you go
Hornets
[Image: Hornet.jpg]
Junior Aggies
[Image: Junior_Aggie.jpg]
Blue Riders, Rebels
(going to avoid all the Dixie imagery)
Mavericks
[Image: txar-logo.gif]
My little ponies
[Image: Mavs%20Wussy%20Logo-thumb-500x516.jpg]

I actually prefer the sam maverick logo that we had a few years ago. dont care much for the boise state version and most of us around here dont like the addition of the orange to our colors. I like the cajun's logo with the pepper and I like appy state's logo. I think usa needs to redo theirs to look more professionally designed.

I collect SBC school logo T-shirts. I have to say that I like old Sam Maverick logo a lot more than the "Boise'd" new one. Is it still in use, or completely phased out. I can only find shirts with the new logo or just plain-jane UTA in blue text.
My initial thoughts on it..
1. There is less competition in Beaumont vs Arlington. Lamar is the only thing in town. UTA would have to compete with TCU, SMU, the Texas Rangers, the Cowboys, whatever else Jerrah brings in. In Beaumont you don't have that.

2. Lamar already had a 10,000 person arena for basketball while UTA was playing on a theater stage in Texas Hall. Their president put an athletic fee increase to the vote (which would potentially go to football) and in the end decided a new basketball arena was more important.

[Image: dsc_0261.jpg]

Whoa....that's an interesting configuration

RE: Favorite SBC Team Logos - eagleskins - 06-30-2014 03:53 AM

(06-29-2014 10:15 AM)EigenEagle Wrote:  This, IMO, is our best logo minus the color which is a little off.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRUTXaFezLordu4ODufaL1...gmDw2SsPLc]

Not a big fan of the logo with "Georgia Southern" spelled out entirely. That's just too much.

Agree