CSNbbs
Favorite SBC Team Logos - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: Favorite SBC Team Logos (/thread-691816.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Favorite SBC Team Logos - Fanof49ASU - 06-09-2014 10:21 AM

The Pink Panther is spot on for FIU's panther.

RE: Favorite SBC Team Logos - panama - 06-09-2014 10:39 AM

(06-09-2014 10:15 AM)southern edumacation Wrote:  I like these GaSt logos.

[Image: gastate3.png]

or

[Image: gastate.jpg]

And one wonders why there is so much animosity. Imagine that we have never done that to anyone's logo including GS's and have never photoshopped any other teams's players in pink uniforms.

#StayClassy

RE: Favorite SBC Team Logos - RamblinRedWolf44 - 06-09-2014 10:40 AM

I have always thought that when it came to FIWho's logo lol

RE: Favorite SBC Team Logos - ark30inf - 06-09-2014 10:46 AM

The best logos are simple, iconic, easy to recognize.

Miami's "U"
the Longhorn
Georgia's "G"
the Cowboy's star
Etc.

You can get too busy and get too much detail. The logo should be the identifier...you shouldn't have to spell it out.

The main thing though is pick a simple iconic logo that will stand the test of time and STICK with it.

For SBC teams...we are trying to establish an identity and get some national awareness of our brands. Changing logos every year does not help.

RE: Favorite SBC Team Logos - CatMom - 06-09-2014 10:57 AM

I totally biased toward the supercat.

[Image: Img3004.jpg]

RE: Favorite SBC Team Logos - RamblinRedWolf44 - 06-09-2014 11:03 AM

easy bro! if we're getting to ya now and it's only June then ya better thicken your skin up by football season!

(06-09-2014 10:39 AM)panama Wrote:  

or

And one wonders why there is so much animosity. Imagine that we have never done that to anyone's logo including GS's and have never photoshopped any other teams's players in pink uniforms.

#StayClassy

RE: Favorite SBC Team Logos - Panthersville - 06-09-2014 11:37 AM

(06-08-2014 04:22 PM)RamblinRedWolf44 Wrote:  feel free to pick how many you'd like-me being me I always like going the extra mile so I decided to pick which LOGOS of each SBC team I found that I liked the best! In no particular order:

Georgia State:
[Image: georgiastatelogo.gif]

...Quite honestly probably my least favorite out of everybody's, but the blue, white, black and anthracite colors are pretty cool. If they were to change the Panther look from its current 80s look to a more modern approach, it'd be a lot better.

You pick an ugly logo and then say it is your least favorite? Also, to be clear, there is no "anthracite" in that logo. That logo isn't even a favorite of the person who designed it, but for some stupid reason our color-blind AD insists on consistently violating every design rule relating to proper use of contrast that she can.

RE: Favorite SBC Team Logos - panama - 06-09-2014 11:38 AM

(06-09-2014 11:37 AM)Panthersville Wrote:  
(06-08-2014 04:22 PM)RamblinRedWolf44 Wrote:  feel free to pick how many you'd like-me being me I always like going the extra mile so I decided to pick which LOGOS of each SBC team I found that I liked the best! In no particular order:

Georgia State:
[Image: georgiastatelogo.gif]

...Quite honestly probably my least favorite out of everybody's, but the blue, white, black and anthracite colors are pretty cool. If they were to change the Panther look from its current 80s look to a more modern approach, it'd be a lot better.

You pick an ugly logo and then say it is your least favorite? Also, to be clear, there is no "anthracite" in that logo. That logo isn't even a favorite of the person who designed it, but for some stupid reason our color-blind AD insists on consistently violating every design rule relating to proper use of contrast that she can.

21 Days 04-cheers

RE: Favorite SBC Team Logos - Ole Sleepy - 06-09-2014 11:39 AM

(06-09-2014 10:39 AM)panama Wrote:  

or

#StayClassy

03-weeping03-weeping03-weeping

Toughen up, buttercup.

RE: Favorite SBC Team Logos - southern edumacation - 06-09-2014 11:48 AM

(06-09-2014 10:39 AM)panama Wrote:  And one wonders why there is so much animosity. Imagine that we have never done that to anyone's logo including GS's and have never photoshopped any other teams's players in pink uniforms.

#StayClassy

The thread talked about favorite logos, and there the UL logo was unofficial. Therefore I linked to some unofficial GaSt logos that were my favorite.

Go back to talking about BBQ, I enjoyed reading those posts.

RE: Favorite SBC Team Logos - Panthersville - 06-09-2014 11:52 AM

(06-09-2014 11:48 AM)southern edumacation Wrote:  
(06-09-2014 10:39 AM)panama Wrote:  And one wonders why there is so much animosity. Imagine that we have never done that to anyone's logo including GS's and have never photoshopped any other teams's players in pink uniforms.

#StayClassy

The thread talked about favorite logos, and there the UL logo was unofficial. Therefore I linked to some unofficial GaSt logos that were my favorite.

OK then, here's my favorite version of the GaSo eagle:

[Image: bald_eagle.jpg]

RE: Favorite SBC Team Logos - TheRevSWT - 06-09-2014 11:55 AM

Who's got the midol for the Georgia State fans?

RE: Favorite SBC Team Logos - panama - 06-09-2014 11:56 AM

(06-09-2014 11:52 AM)Panthersville Wrote:  

#StayClassy

OK then, here's my favorite version of the GaSo eagle:

[Image: bald_eagle.jpg]
He.Went.There.

[Image: atomic-bomb-o.gif]

RE: Favorite SBC Team Logos - panama - 06-09-2014 11:58 AM

(06-09-2014 11:55 AM)TheRevSWT Wrote:  Who's got the midol for the Georgia State fans?

03-shhhh

You have a[Image: avatar_58274.jpg?dateline=1385954214]avatar

RE: Favorite SBC Team Logos - panama - 06-09-2014 11:59 AM

#StayClassy

Can you shut up and get my fries up before they burn?

Thanks

RE: Favorite SBC Team Logos - ValleyBoy - 06-09-2014 12:04 PM

A simple little ole thread on team logo & what does it turn into.

Now Valleyboy being a Georgia southern fan who also graduated from Troy says Dam can't we just have a simple little old thread that in so way does not turn into a Georgia Southern pissing contest with someone. Next thing you know the goat lobvers will get pulled into this thread as someone will post a video a has goat getting throwed of the side of a dam mountain. The next thing you know thge admin will be moving this threat to trash talk area and for what reason other than someone got there painties in a wad.

RE: Favorite SBC Team Logos - panama - 06-09-2014 12:06 PM

(06-09-2014 12:04 PM)ValleyBoy Wrote:  A simple little ole thread on team logo & what does it turn into.

Now Valleyboy being a Georgia southern fan who also graduated from Troy says Dam can't we just have a simple little old thread that in so way does not turn into a Georgia Southern pissing contest with someone. Next thing you know the goat lobvers will get pulled into this thread as someone will post a video a has goat getting throwed of the side of a dam mountain. The next thing you know thge admin will be moving this threat to trash talk area and for what reason other than someone got there painties in a wad.

Ok, that post made me audibly laugh out loud. 04-cheers

RE: Favorite SBC Team Logos - southern edumacation - 06-09-2014 12:07 PM

(06-09-2014 11:59 AM)panama Wrote:  

#StayClassy

Can you shut up and get my fries up before they burn?

Thanks

I didn't get a comm arts degree...unsure of what you are asking for.

Panthersville thank you for the response. I would expect that in return of what I posted.

RE: Favorite SBC Team Logos - Hail The Blue - 06-09-2014 12:09 PM

FWIW before this gets sent to smack - THIS is our current athletic logo.

[Image: GSU_New.jpg]

RE: Favorite SBC Team Logos - ValleyBoy - 06-09-2014 12:10 PM

(06-09-2014 12:06 PM)panama Wrote:  
(06-09-2014 12:04 PM)ValleyBoy Wrote:  A simple little ole thread on team logo & what does it turn into.

Ok, that post made me audibly laugh out loud. 04-cheers

That is what Valleyboy is here for during the off season to bring a smile into someone life thats football teams gives them nothing to smile about, but look at the bright side of life your golf team did make the nationals.