CSNbbs
Favorite SBC Team Logos - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: Favorite SBC Team Logos (/thread-691816.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Favorite SBC Team Logos - RamblinRedWolf44 - 06-08-2014 04:22 PM

feel free to pick how many you'd like-me being me I always like going the extra mile so I decided to pick which LOGOS of each SBC team I found that I liked the best! In no particular order:

Troy:
[Image: troylogo.gif]

Having a sword double as the "T" for Troy-very sharp! (pun absolutely intended)

Idaho:
[Image: idahovandalslogo2.png]

This is way better than the bland "I" with vandals written in the middle. To me, definitely more eye catching

NM State:
[Image: nmstatelogo2.gif]

I like anytime teams can incorporate the state they're into their logo and I like this more than the aggie.

South Al:
[Image: jags.gif]

I all around like South Al's look-the color scheme and logo of the Jaguar. Very clean (I like it way better than "Jags")

Texas State:
[Image: bobcats-1.gif]

Again, much like USA I think TXST has a very crisp lookin logo-The realism factor over a cartoonish look is a plus for me.

Georgia Southern:
[Image: georgiasouthernlogo.gif]

I like the full body Eagle-we usually just have teams with eagle heads and that's it so this makes the usual "eagle" mascot stand out a bit.

App State:
[Image: appstatelogo.jpg]

Very cool looking. I'd definitely wear this on a shirt

Georgia State:
[Image: georgiastatelogo.gif]

...Quite honestly probably my least favorite out of everybody's, but the blue, white, black and anthracite colors are pretty cool. If they were to change the Panther look from its current 80s look to a more modern approach, it'd be a lot better.

ULM:
[Image: ulmlogo.jpg]

This has a little bit more going for it than just the mellow warhawk head by itself

LaLa:
[Image: lalalogo-1.jpg]

I understand that the fleur de lis is a pretty universal symbol encompassing a wide range of individuals, but at the end of the day practically everybody relates it to the Saints. Instead, I think pepper gives Cajuns a more unique and marketable look.

Ark St:
[Image: astatelogo.png]

When the Red Wolf was first unveiled back in Spring of 2008, I at first was a little bit disappointed. My initial thought was it was more raccoon than wolf, but after a while I warmed up to it and now fully embrace and like the logo. We've used the stAte logo for decades and I support the continued use of it I hope eventually the Wolf Head will become the primary logo of the athletic program.

RE: Favorite SBC Team Logos - Eagle22 - 06-08-2014 04:44 PM

(06-08-2014 04:22 PM)RamblinRedWolf44 Wrote:  feel free to pick how many you'd like-me being me I always like going the extra mile so I decided to pick which LOGOS of each SBC team I found that I liked the best! In no particular order:

Georgia Southern:

I like the full body Eagle-we usually just have teams with eagle heads and that's it so this makes the usual "eagle" mascot stand out a bit.

Ah, the one I refer to as the flying skunk. My least favorite of all of our primary & secondary logos. But it's not too horrid.

RE: Favorite SBC Team Logos - TroyFootball05 - 06-08-2014 04:54 PM

Arkansas State's is far and away the best, IMO.

RE: Favorite SBC Team Logos - AppinVA - 06-08-2014 05:17 PM

We no longer use that Yosef logo, much to the chagrin of our mod. It's the Block A and the guy that's on my signature.

RE: Favorite SBC Team Logos - RamblinRedWolf44 - 06-08-2014 05:20 PM

(06-08-2014 05:17 PM)AppinVA Wrote:  We no longer use that Yosef logo, much to the chagrin of our mod. It's the Block A and the guy that's on my signature.

the block A is classy but I like the old Yosef over the current

RE: Favorite SBC Team Logos - HCJag - 06-08-2014 06:24 PM

I'll go with Idaho's and Troy's...swords and battleaxes.

I like the old Yosef better too.

For USA, I like the "Jags" on the helmet better than I did the other logo. I still wish they'd try an intertwined "SA" like this.

[Image: E40000093941W-t.jpg]

RE: Favorite SBC Team Logos - OsageJ - 06-08-2014 06:52 PM

(06-08-2014 04:22 PM)RamblinRedWolf44 Wrote:  feel free to pick how many you'd like-me being me I always like going the extra mile so I decided to pick which LOGOS of each SBC team I found that I liked the best! In no particular order:

Troy:

Ark St:

When the Red Wolf was first unveiled back in Spring of 2008, I at first was a little bit disappointed. My initial thought was it was more raccoon than wolf, but after a while I warmed up to it and now fully embrace and like the logo. We've used the stAte logo for decades and I support the continued use of it I hope eventually the Wolf Head will become the primary logo of the athletic program.

I have always liked the wolf head but never as the primary. The block stAte identifies us better than the wolf by itself ever will.

RE: Favorite SBC Team Logos - TheRevSWT - 06-08-2014 06:59 PM

LOVE the Troy logos (almost all of them, except the cartoonish mascot one). Like the Idaho one that is put up there... I agree that I wish they use that one.

Honestly? All the others are not "wow" to me. App's is pretty alright... Kinda throwback to me (the "corncob pipe" yosef). USA's, ULM's, stAte's, Texas State, and NMSU's logos are good too.

Truly dislike the Georgia State logo.

RE: Favorite SBC Team Logos - CajunExpress - 06-08-2014 07:11 PM

Troy:

Having a sword double as the "T" for Troy-very sharp! (pun absolutely intended)

Idaho:
[Image: idahovandalslogo2.png]

This is way better than the bland "I" with vandals written in the middle. To me, definitely more eye catching

NM State:
[Image: nmstatelogo2.gif]

I like anytime teams can incorporate the state they're into their logo and I like this more than the aggie.

South Al:
[Image: jags.gif]

I all around like South Al's look-the color scheme and logo of the Jaguar. Very clean (I like it way better than "Jags")

Texas State:
[Image: bobcats-1.gif]

Again, much like USA I think TXST has a very crisp lookin logo-The realism factor over a cartoonish look is a plus for me.

Georgia Southern:

App State:
[Image: appstatelogo.jpg]

Very cool looking. I'd definitely wear this on a shirt

Georgia State:
[Image: georgiastatelogo.gif]

...Quite honestly probably my least favorite out of everybody's, but the blue, white, black and anthracite colors are pretty cool. If they were to change the Panther look from its current 80s look to a more modern approach, it'd be a lot better.

ULM:
[Image: ulmlogo.jpg]

This has a little bit more going for it than just the mellow warhawk head by itself

LaLa:
[Image: lalalogo-1.jpg]

I understand that the fleur de lis is a pretty universal symbol encompassing a wide range of individuals, but at the end of the day practically everybody relates it to the Saints. Instead, I think pepper gives Cajuns a more unique and marketable look.

Ark St:

That is not the UL sports logo. So we got a problem Houston.

RE: Favorite SBC Team Logos - Louisianafanrcajun90 - 06-08-2014 07:11 PM

That's the worst UL logo you could have posted. We do have many more to pick from.

RE: Favorite SBC Team Logos - RamblinRedWolf44 - 06-08-2014 07:26 PM

sorry bros I was picking the ones I LIKED not necessarily posting the primary/ official ones

also, considering that a PEPPER is your university's mascot, I don't see how that one I previously posted could be deemed the worst logo...
[Image: cajunsmascot.jpg]

RE: Favorite SBC Team Logos - Louisianafanrcajun90 - 06-08-2014 07:45 PM

(06-08-2014 07:26 PM)RamblinRedWolf44 Wrote:  sorry bros I was picking the ones I LIKED not necessarily posting the primary/ official ones

also, considering that a PEPPER is your university's mascot, I don't see how that one I previously posted could be deemed the worst logo...

LOL! At least that strikes terror in the young!COGS

RE: Favorite SBC Team Logos - Louisianafanrcajun90 - 06-08-2014 07:48 PM

I like Troy's for its simplicity and Idaho because of the axe. You just don't see that many axes these days. I don't know....the axe kind of makes me want to sack a major city like Rome.

RE: Favorite SBC Team Logos - hapapp - 06-09-2014 06:33 AM

(06-08-2014 05:20 PM)RamblinRedWolf44 Wrote:  
(06-08-2014 05:17 PM)AppinVA Wrote:  We no longer use that Yosef logo, much to the chagrin of our mod. It's the Block A and the guy that's on my signature.

the block A is classy but I like the old Yosef over the current

Actually, the corncob Yosef is the old Yosef. The university has just brought him back. The "Davy Jones" or "Gorton Fisherman" Yosef was not always popular with the fans. The block A, however, is universally accepted by all as the primary logo.

RE: Favorite SBC Team Logos - panama - 06-09-2014 06:44 AM

Prefer...

[Image: 433px-Georgia_State_Panthers_Logo.svg.png]

The black and blue logo deoes not show up well on merchandise. People stare trying to figure it out and literally have to be 2 feet away to identify the school.

[Image: thumb.aspx?i=%2FproductImages%2F_1433000...;amp;w=400]

I will not cry if the new AD gets a handle on this and fixes it.

RE: Favorite SBC Team Logos - AppManDG - 06-09-2014 08:25 AM

Apps' logo is actually from 1970 to 73. The one I prefer is a more natural looking version used from 1974 until 1982.

Many universities, as App did 15 years ago, hired these fancy ad firms to remake their image and rebrand their athletic teams. What they got were logo's with sharp edges, almost universal lettering and ultra modern artistic interpretations. Never have understood why schools on our level feel compelled to continuously update their look while the traditional powers stick with what they've used for decades.

There are subtle differences in the two logo's, but imo, the first one looks more natural. The hat's are a bit different, the head isn't as square, the nose on the first one isn't as long and the pipe is a bit different.

[Image: yosef.jpg][attachment=5610][attachment=5611]

[Image: yosef_color_medium.png?181]

RE: Favorite SBC Team Logos - AppManDG - 06-09-2014 08:36 AM

(06-08-2014 07:45 PM)Louisianafanrcajun90 Wrote:  
(06-08-2014 07:26 PM)RamblinRedWolf44 Wrote:  sorry bros I was picking the ones I LIKED not necessarily posting the primary/ official ones

LOL! At least that strikes terror in the young!COGS

Or with those who get heartburn easily!

RE: Favorite SBC Team Logos - Fanof49ASU - 06-09-2014 08:49 AM

(06-09-2014 06:33 AM)hapapp Wrote:  Actually, the corncob Yosef is the old Yosef. The university has just brought him back. The "Davy Jones" or "Gorton Fisherman" Yosef was not always popular with the fans. The block A, however, is universally accepted by all as the primary logo.

As an outsider looking in, the 'Gorton Fisherman' is much, much stronger of a mark than the corncob guy. But I understand that fan favorites may not always align with what looks the best, or what it more universally marketable.

You got to stick with what the fans are buying. That's basically how we brought back the stAte logo.

RE: Favorite SBC Team Logos - RamblinRedWolf44 - 06-09-2014 09:52 AM

(06-09-2014 08:49 AM)Fanof49ASU Wrote:  
(06-09-2014 06:33 AM)hapapp Wrote:  Actually, the corncob Yosef is the old Yosef. The university has just brought him back. The "Davy Jones" or "Gorton Fisherman" Yosef was not always popular with the fans. The block A, however, is universally accepted by all as the primary logo.

As an outsider looking in, the 'Gorton Fisherman' is much, much stronger of a mark than the corncob guy. But I understand that fan favorites may not always align with what looks the best, or what it more universally marketable.

You got to stick with what the fans are buying. That's basically how we brought back the stAte logo.

know all about rockin the old school logos
[Image: oldschool.jpg]

RE: Favorite SBC Team Logos - southern edumacation - 06-09-2014 10:15 AM

I like these GaSt logos.

[Image: gastate3.png]

or

[Image: gastate.jpg]