CSNbbs
Rice grad named new White House Press Secretary - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: Rice (/forum-444.html)
+------ Forum: Kent Rowald Memorial Quad (/forum-660.html)
+------ Thread: Rice grad named new White House Press Secretary (/thread-691762.html)

Rice grad named new White House Press Secretary - Fort Bend Owl - 06-07-2014 08:34 PM

Josh Earnest (Class of 1997) will become the new White House Press Secretary in a few days. This is a thankless job with a pretty high turnaround, but good luck to him.

I hope he fares better than the last Rice graduate in a prominent White House position (Alberto Gonzales, who by the way was just named the Dean of the Law School at Belmont University).

RE: Rice grad named new White House Press Secretary - wrysal - 06-07-2014 09:45 PM

Josh Earnest better become Josh the Prevaricator if he intends to keep his new job very long.

RE: Rice grad named new White House Press Secretary - WestGrayStreetOwl - 06-08-2014 03:36 PM

Ben Rhodes (class of 2000, I think) is currently deputy national security advisor.

RE: Rice grad named new White House Press Secretary - Ranger - 06-13-2014 06:15 PM

Not something to be proud of. If I am correct, Rhodes is the one who sent the email around 9-12-12 instructing people to say the embassy in Benghazi was attacked by a spontaneous crowd in reaction to a video. It turns out, DOS and everyone in the loop knew it was a premeditated terrorist attack.

RE: Rice grad named new White House Press Secretary - georgewebb - 06-16-2014 11:08 AM

Several years ago, there was a Rice grad who was hired to a fairly important position on the staff of the Secretary of State. There was a profile of him at the time, and he was quoted as saying that the only thing he really knew about foreign affairs was what he read in the New York Times and the New Republic. I and many others thought, "Heaven help us."

RE: Rice grad named new White House Press Secretary - Da.Owl - 06-17-2014 11:07 AM

(06-16-2014 11:08 AM)georgewebb Wrote:  Several years ago, there was a Rice grad who was hired to a fairly important position on the staff of the Secretary of State. There was a profile of him at the time, and he was quoted as saying that the only thing he really knew about foreign affairs was what he read in the New York Times and the New Republic. I and many others thought, "Heaven help us."

At least he didn't say he was looking forward to them 03-lmfao

RE: Rice grad named new White House Press Secretary - OptimisticOwl - 06-17-2014 11:22 AM

I feel sorry for somebody as intelligent as Josh in this job, where sometimes you have to insist with a straight face that down is really up. I bet he is not a believer in what he said yesterday about the Lerner emails.

RE: Rice grad named new White House Press Secretary - Baconator - 06-18-2014 08:35 PM

If you're going to work for a politician - especially a United States president - you'd better learn how to lie, and do it convincingly.

RE: Rice grad named new White House Press Secretary - georgewebb - 06-19-2014 08:48 AM

On the other hand, it's an unbeatable ticket-punch.

RE: Rice grad named new White House Press Secretary - ETx Owl - 06-20-2014 05:19 PM

Too bad Nixon did not have these guys on his payroll.