CSNbbs
Elimination day - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SoConbbs (/forum-266.html)
+---- Forum: SoCon Team Talk (/forum-944.html)
+----- Forum: ETSU (/forum-335.html)
+------ Forum: Baseball and Olympic Sports (/forum-338.html)
+------ Thread: Elimination day (/thread-690135.html)

Elimination day - Buccaneerlover - 05-22-2014 10:09 AM

After giving up seven unanswered runs including a walk off Grandslam to Kennesaw, today could be the end of an era. Beat Mercer and survive, or lose and baseball is done.
The question then becomes, does Dr. Sander grow a pair and finally get rid of Tony Skole?

RE: Elimination day - etsubuc - 05-22-2014 11:41 AM

(05-22-2014 10:09 AM)Buccaneerlover Wrote:  After giving up seven unanswered runs including a walk off Grandslam to Kennesaw, today could be the end of an era. Beat Mercer and survive, or lose and baseball is done.
The question then becomes, does Dr. Sander grow a pair and finally get rid of Tony Skole?

Looks like they are going to win today and live to fight another day. I am really on the fence with Skole, to me it depends on his contract. I don't think that I would extend his contract or renew it when it runs out based on his current level of success. On the other hand, I don't think firing him means we get more wins, or better attendance, or more donations. If firing him does not accomplish one or more of these things, I don't see the point in firing him just for the sake of firing him.

RE: Elimination day - Buccaneerlover - 05-22-2014 12:36 PM

They survived. I just disagree completely with allowing someone to stay 15 years plus with mediocre results. They set the precedent when Sander came in and fired Kemp after multiple years, and no Rod, this isn't a Kemp thing, just using it as a precedent that they set. It's very simple I guess, if the expectation is to achieve in all sports, then accepting losing doesn't get it done. And yes, I think they can do better for a head baseball coach than him.
One last thing on it, Kemp and Skole have similar records/results, with Karen having won more championships and still got fired. How does one think that looks when the black woman gets fired for mediocrity and the white male keeps his job with similar results? And I'm not a race baiter type at all, but the perception isn't that good.

RE: Elimination day - GoBucsGo - 05-22-2014 09:12 PM

I agree - Skole has underachieved. With the the solid hires Sander has already made (I know - Torbush/O'Cain/Taylor & Bo the soccer coach are just on paper @ this point, Rod), we can do better than Skole.

RE: Elimination day - Sportsman_17 - 05-23-2014 10:23 AM

Agreed, we can do better than Skole. I would tend to say with a tenure as long as he has had under the previous admin, he has gotten too comfortable in his job producing the same lackluster results (forget about last year). It's time to clean house on all fronts that are still leftover and I believe our current admin is in the process, but are just waiting for the right time with all the other changes that are currently going on around campus.

RE: Elimination day - GoBucsGo - 05-23-2014 08:08 PM

So where are we at w/ Skole's contract? Does he have one more year?