CSNbbs
SBC Players in the NFL Draft - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: SBC Players in the NFL Draft (/thread-688725.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

SBC Players in the NFL Draft - Liberty22 - 05-08-2014 02:20 PM

Who are some of your schools players expected to be drafted this year?

For Liberty, Walt Aikens, DB should go in the 4th or 5th round this year. Here is more information on him.

http://www.libertyflamesnation.com/walt-aikens-the-nfl-draft/

RE: SBC Players in the NFL Draft - Tuscon - 05-08-2014 02:21 PM

We've got two we think have a good shot at getting drafted at Georgia State. WR Albert Wilson likely as a slot receiver or a KR/PR because of his speed. OL Ulrick John has been getting some good attention too.

RE: SBC Players in the NFL Draft - asupatch - 05-08-2014 02:30 PM

(05-08-2014 02:20 PM)Liberty22 Wrote:  Who are some of your schools players expected to be drafted this year?

For Liberty, Walt Aikens, DB should go in the 4th or 5th round this year. Here is more information on him.

Im sorry I thought the author of this thread titled this "SBC Players in the NFL Draft". Why did someone mention a Liberty player? 04-chairshot

RE: SBC Players in the NFL Draft - Liberty22 - 05-08-2014 02:31 PM

(05-08-2014 02:30 PM)asupatch Wrote:  
(05-08-2014 02:20 PM)Liberty22 Wrote:  Who are some of your schools players expected to be drafted this year?

Im sorry I thought the author of this thread titled this "SBC Players in the NFL Draft". Why did someone mention a Liberty player? 04-chairshot

Maybe I know something that hasn't been announced...05-stirthepot J/K. Touche my man, touché.

RE: SBC Players in the NFL Draft - NCeagle - 05-08-2014 02:31 PM

didn't realize liberty had a football team.

RE: SBC Players in the NFL Draft - asupatch - 05-08-2014 02:37 PM

(05-08-2014 02:31 PM)Liberty22 Wrote:  
(05-08-2014 02:30 PM)asupatch Wrote:  

Maybe I know something that hasn't been announced...05-stirthepot J/K. Touche my man, touché.

Glad you liked it.

RE: SBC Players in the NFL Draft - asupatch - 05-08-2014 02:41 PM

To the thread at hand we have Tony Washington and Andrew Peacock, both WR's. Washington is held in higher regard. Both would be slot type wideouts. Sad thing is neither one was our best receiver the last to years, that young man(Sean Price) has anger and legal issues and is no longer with us. What a waste of talent, probably another 2nd round App WR if he kept his head on right. Maybe higher, ask the Georgia Southern fans about that kid.

RE: SBC Players in the NFL Draft - chiefsfan - 05-08-2014 02:57 PM

Ryan Carrethers will get picked somewhere around round 5-6 on Saturday. Will likely be the 8th straight year we have had a player drafted.

RE: SBC Players in the NFL Draft - GoApps70 - 05-08-2014 11:12 PM

None taken in 2014 NFL Draft first round.

RE: SBC Players in the NFL Draft - TheRevSWT - 05-08-2014 11:19 PM

We got a couple players who MIGHT get drafted (not likely, but it's possible).

Jamie Clavell-Head (Miami likes him)
DJ Yendrey

Oddly enough, both D-linemen.

RE: SBC Players in the NFL Draft - Ole Sleepy - 05-09-2014 08:13 AM

(05-08-2014 02:21 PM)Tuscon Wrote:  We've got two we think have a good shot at getting drafted at Georgia State. WR Albert Wilson likely as a slot receiver or a KR/PR because of his speed. OL Ulrick John has been getting some good attention too.

Wilson will definitely get drafted. Hopefully we can land with a team that needs a slot. Not so confident about your second guy.

(05-08-2014 02:41 PM)asupatch Wrote:  To the thread at hand we have Tony Washington and Andrew Peacock, both WR's. Washington is held in higher regard. Both would be slot type wideouts. Sad thing is neither one was our best receiver the last to years, that young man(Sean Price) has anger and legal issues and is no longer with us. What a waste of talent, probably another 2nd round App WR if he kept his head on right. Maybe higher, ask the Georgia Southern fans about that kid.

Sean Price was a much better natural WR than even Brian Quick. He may not have had all the same skills as Quick, but he had a ton more potential. Glad to never see him again....

Still can't believe you guys will NEVER get to play against Swope. Talk about dodging a bullet.

RE: SBC Players in the NFL Draft - boroeagle2 - 05-09-2014 08:32 AM

Southern's option QB/Mr. Everything Jerick McKinnon is expected to be drafted as a RB. Projections are anywhere from 3rd-6th round, he is a special athlete and showed out at the combine, but we all know the value of RBs is down this year, so we will have to wait and see.

Also have possible 7th rounder Lavelle Westbrooks, a DB with good size, he will probably end up an UDFA, but could possibly hear his name called.

RE: SBC Players in the NFL Draft - asupatch - 05-09-2014 08:55 AM

(05-09-2014 08:13 AM)Ole Sleepy Wrote:  
(05-08-2014 02:21 PM)Tuscon Wrote:  We've got two we think have a good shot at getting drafted at Georgia State. WR Albert Wilson likely as a slot receiver or a KR/PR because of his speed. OL Ulrick John has been getting some good attention too.

Wilson will definitely get drafted. Hopefully we can land with a team that needs a slot. Not so confident about your second guy.

(05-08-2014 02:41 PM)asupatch Wrote:  To the thread at hand we have Tony Washington and Andrew Peacock, both WR's. Washington is held in higher regard. Both would be slot type wideouts. Sad thing is neither one was our best receiver the last to years, that young man(Sean Price) has anger and legal issues and is no longer with us. What a waste of talent, probably another 2nd round App WR if he kept his head on right. Maybe higher, ask the Georgia Southern fans about that kid.

Sean Price was a much better natural WR than even Brian Quick. He may not have had all the same skills as Quick, but he had a ton more potential. Glad to never see him again....

Still can't believe you guys will NEVER get to play against Swope. Talk about dodging a bullet.

I would like to think he was simply afraid of App. Agree on Price, most natural WR we have ever had at ASU. Soft hands, big frame, go up and fight for footballs. Oh well.

RE: SBC Players in the NFL Draft - Liberty22 - 05-09-2014 08:57 AM

Update this as your team's players are taken. Could give a good look at how many SBC players get drafted this year.

Re: RE: SBC Players in the NFL Draft - Ole Sleepy - 05-09-2014 02:50 PM

(05-09-2014 08:55 AM)asupatch Wrote:  
(05-09-2014 08:13 AM)Ole Sleepy Wrote:  

I would like to think he was simply afraid of App. Agree on Price, most natural WR we have ever had at ASU. Soft hands, big frame, go up and fight for footballs. Oh well.

Kid was straight sick. How in the hell did y'all land him anyways? Issues coming out of high school?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

RE: SBC Players in the NFL Draft - asupatch - 05-09-2014 02:59 PM

APP fans correct me if I am wrong, but for some reason I think he only played like 1 or 2 years of HS football, was a basketball guy first?

RE: SBC Players in the NFL Draft - JCGSU - 05-09-2014 03:10 PM

Southern has three in the mix

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/tracker?icampaign=nfl_drafttracker_nav-tracker#dt-tabs:dt-by-college/dt-by-college-input:222

Westbrooks and Mckinnon will likely get drafted.

Here is the Sun Belt

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/tracker?icampaign=nfl_drafttracker_nav-tracker#dt-tabs:dt-by-college/dt-by-conference-input:sunbelt

RE: SBC Players in the NFL Draft - Dedsquirrl - 05-09-2014 03:56 PM

I really thought Romelle Jones from South had a chance to get drafted this year.
Especially after I watched a guy that Romelle beat the tar out of for an entire game go in the first round (Ja'Wuan James OT Tennessee).

I hope he gets at least a camp invite.

Y'all all saw him play. Number 90 on our DL. Late in the season he tore up his jersey during a game and had to use the number 10 spare. He had a monster game and ended up keeping 10 for the last few games.
Kid can play football. May be a tad undersized though for the next level.

RE: SBC Players in the NFL Draft - CatMom - 05-09-2014 10:16 PM

McKinnon, GaSouth to Minnesota
Round 3

Congrats

SBC Players in the NFL Draft - TheEagleWay - 05-09-2014 10:30 PM

I know he never played in the SBC, but I figured it needed to be said.

Georgia Southern's Jerick McKinnon drafted by Minnesota Vikings in the 3rd round.

Way to go Jerick. I enjoyed watching this kid grow.

[Image: qypu8a4e.jpg]