CSNbbs
Darius Thompson - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Inactive Areas (/forum-770.html)
+--- Forum: MVCbbs (/forum-606.html)
+---- Forum: MVC Team Talk (/forum-608.html)
+----- Forum: Belmont (/forum-324.html)
+----- Thread: Darius Thompson (/thread-688443.html)

Darius Thompson - BruinsFan31 - 05-05-2014 09:30 PM

Darius Thompson, a former standout guard for Blackman High school, requested to be released from his commitment to UT today. He is a combo guard with great size and is an excellent passer and shooter. I think Darius would be a perfect fit at Belmont. In fact, we actually offered him a scholarship as a high school senior. If Thompson wanted to transfer to a local school and be closer to home (he is from Murfreesboro), Belmont seems like his best option. UT will not permit him to transfer to another SEC school, thus Vandy is out the question (which is actually where he initially committed as a HS senior). Can you imagine a Thompson v. Payne showdown for the next 3 years? And how about a dual guard threat with he and Bradshaw? Darius seems like the type of player Rick Byrd would love to have on his squad. He is a team first player, having shattered Blackman's assist record. Lets hope Rick at least reaches out to him.

RE: Darius Thompson - Bruin2002 - 05-06-2014 04:32 PM

(05-05-2014 09:30 PM)BruinsFan31 Wrote:  Darius Thompson, a former standout guard for Blackman High school, requested to be released from his commitment to UT today. He is a combo guard with great size and is an excellent passer and shooter. I think Darius would be a perfect fit at Belmont. In fact, we actually offered him a scholarship as a high school senior. If Thompson wanted to transfer to a local school and be closer to home (he is from Murfreesboro), Belmont seems like his best option. UT will not permit him to transfer to another SEC school, thus Vandy is out the question (which is actually where he initially committed as a HS senior). Can you imagine a Thompson v. Payne showdown for the next 3 years? And how about a dual guard threat with he and Bradshaw? Darius seems like the type of player Rick Byrd would love to have on his squad. He is a team first player, having shattered Blackman's assist record. Lets hope Rick at least reaches out to him.

I'm not familiar with him, but from what you're saying, he sounds like a good fit. I would love to have another great guard.

RE: Darius Thompson - BruinsFan31 - 05-12-2014 09:57 AM

http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols-basketball/218336-darius-thompson-transfer-confirmed-44.html VolNation is mentioning BU as a possible landing spot for Thompson. Keep your fingers crossed.

RE: Darius Thompson - Bruin2002 - 05-21-2014 01:20 PM

Darius decided on going to Virginia according to the Tennessean.