CSNbbs
Associate member of the Horizon - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Inactive Areas (/forum-770.html)
+--- Forum: MVCbbs (/forum-606.html)
+---- Forum: MVC Team Talk (/forum-608.html)
+----- Forum: Belmont (/forum-324.html)
+----- Thread: Associate member of the Horizon (/thread-687107.html)

Associate member of the Horizon - Bruin2002 - 04-22-2014 09:35 AM

Soccer becomes a full member and there is an agreement for ooc games for other teams.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

RE: Associate member of the Horizon - ClemsonBrad - 04-22-2014 09:42 AM

(04-22-2014 09:35 AM)Bruin2002 Wrote:  Soccer becomes a full member and there is an agreement for ooc games for other teams.

Maybe Im reading too much into this, but do you all think this has any future implications of the rest of our teams joining the Horizon at some point? I'm sure this move certainly doesn't hurt those chances....

RE: Associate member of the Horizon - Chuck A - 04-23-2014 02:39 AM

(04-22-2014 09:42 AM)ClemsonBrad Wrote:  
(04-22-2014 09:35 AM)Bruin2002 Wrote:  Soccer becomes a full member and there is an agreement for ooc games for other teams.

Maybe Im reading too much into this, but do you all think this has any future implications of the rest of our teams joining the Horizon at some point? I'm sure this move certainly doesn't hurt those chances....

The affiliation agreement most definitely has future implications for the rest of Belmont's sports team. This is a trial run to see if the Horizon League is a good fit for Belmont and vice versa. They will have ample opportunity to play multiple HL teams at multiple HL venues to get a feel for HL play and travel. Men's basketball will play 6 Horizon League teams in home/home games over a 4 year period. Belmont will play other HL teams in WBB, Baseball, Softball and Women's Soccer.

The Horizon League is also looking to bring in a southern partner for Belmont.