CSNbbs
UT - EMU: MAC Semis - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Toledo (/forum-479.html)
+----- Thread: UT - EMU: MAC Semis (/thread-681628.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

UT - EMU: MAC Semis - adunifon - 03-14-2014 05:13 AM

EMU is hot and playing well and with a ton of confidence, but you have to like how this sets up for the Rockets.

- EMU will be playing their 4th game in 5 days and 5th in 7. I'm sure adrenaline can carry you somewhat but Toledo needs to exploit this and grind them down and make fatigue a factor. Jump shots get tougher and tougher on tired legs. Don't give up easy layups.

- We just saw the zone in our last game so we need to continue to attack, especially how we did in the second half

No reason that we don't have a ton of fans over there tonight. Plenty of time to get there plus a great pre game offer.

I'd expect WMU to beat Akron. Akron has no structure. All one on one with lots of out of control drives and dribble out the shot clock 3 point attempts.

RE: UT - EMU: MAC Semis - T4C8 - 03-14-2014 08:11 AM

Unfortunately the time we would get home is keeping me from going tonight

UT - EMU: MAC Semis - adunifon - 03-14-2014 08:19 AM

(03-14-2014 08:11 AM)T4C8 Wrote:  Unfortunately the time we would get home is keeping me from going tonight

Gonna be a late night. Gonna sleep in on Saturday.

RE: UT - EMU: MAC Semis - SylvaniaRocket - 03-14-2014 08:20 AM

(03-14-2014 08:11 AM)T4C8 Wrote:  Unfortunately the time we would get home is keeping me from going tonight

Agree.

UT - EMU: MAC Semis - indianasniff - 03-14-2014 08:30 AM

Wishing I could go. Kid activity plans for me. But there is this thing called a hotel that can solve the late night thing and allow you to stay over for the championship game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: UT - EMU: MAC Semis - EA3 - 03-14-2014 08:48 AM

I'm very interested in this game...for obvious reasons...but also because of the contrasting styles. #1 defense vs #1 offense in the MAC. EMU will be playing their 5th game in 7 days...and Toledo is rested.

I'm just hoping my Broncos pull out a W against Akron so I can enjoy watching your late game. Otherwise I'll likely be too salty to watch more MAC bball.

Key to the game is attacking EMU from the inside out IMO. Can your guards penetrate and dish, or can your forwards be active enough to hurt EMU despite their length advantage. EMU is dangerous. Lots of talent over there and I think they are playing with a chip on their shoulder.

Good luck fellas. I hope WMU can hold up their end of the bargain and make it an all West final.

RE: UT - EMU: MAC Semis - Rocket75 - 03-14-2014 08:51 AM

We need Drummond to play the first half like he did in the second half last week. If we get a lead early, we win the game. We also should press like we did at the end v WMU. EMU will be too tired to stay with us. A fast paced game will not give EMU enough time to set their zone.

RE: UT - EMU: MAC Semis - inductchuck16 - 03-14-2014 09:01 AM

Game starts at 9. Ends at 11. If you're from Toledo, you're home by at least 1 in the morning. I don't know about you guys, but my eyes are wide and awake usually at 1 in the morning. I'm leaving for Cleveland around 3 to do some sight seeing and catch a little of the 1st game. Hope the Rockets have a nice following, they deserve it. Gonna be a great time! It's too bad the semis aren't nationally televised.

UT - EMU: MAC Semis - adunifon - 03-14-2014 09:05 AM

(03-14-2014 08:51 AM)Rocket75 Wrote:  We need Drummond to play the first half like he did in the second half last week. If we get a lead early, we win the game. We also should press like we did at the end v WMU. EMU will be too tired to stay with us. A fast paced game will not give EMU enough time to set their zone.

I don't like the idea of pressing emu. They score most of their points in transition. Where they've struggled through the season is in the half court.

RE: UT - EMU: MAC Semis - T4C8 - 03-14-2014 09:22 AM

Normally wouldnt be a problem but I have a three hour meeting Saturday morning. Will probably have a group watch going

UT - EMU: MAC Semis - adunifon - 03-14-2014 09:27 AM

(03-14-2014 09:22 AM)T4C8 Wrote:  Normally wouldnt be a problem but I have a three hour meeting Saturday morning. Will probably have a group watch going

That sucks. I am usually in bed by 9pm. Will be an adjustment for me after the all you can eat alumni food fest before hand.

RE: UT - EMU: MAC Semis - letsgoblue - 03-14-2014 09:28 AM

(03-14-2014 09:05 AM)adunifon Wrote:  
(03-14-2014 08:51 AM)Rocket75 Wrote:  We need Drummond to play the first half like he did in the second half last week. If we get a lead early, we win the game. We also should press like we did at the end v WMU. EMU will be too tired to stay with us. A fast paced game will not give EMU enough time to set their zone.

I don't like the idea of pressing emu. They score most of their points in transition. Where they've struggled through the season is in the half court.

EMU playing a zone is a perfect defense for playing a lot of games, since you don't expend as much energy through out a game like you have to playing man to man. Since they'll be playing their 5th game in 7 days, I believe making them play a full court game is something the Rockets should seriously look at. Go Rockets!!!!!!

RE: UT - EMU: MAC Semis - UofToledoFans - 03-14-2014 11:19 AM

(03-14-2014 09:28 AM)letsgoblue Wrote:  

EMU playing a zone is a perfect defense for playing a lot of games, since you don't expend as much energy through out a game like you have to playing man to man. Since they'll be playing their 5th game in 7 days, I believe making them play a full court game is something the Rockets should seriously look at. Go Rockets!!!!!!

Did you ever play basketball? Have you ever watched EMU play a zone? They recover incredibly quickly. You are supposed to move more in a zone than in man to man, unless you are pressing. They get tired....Riley can't play 26 minutes in a game because of his wind. I expect lots of timeouts by EMU, and if we shoot okay from the field we will win.

RE: UT - EMU: MAC Semis - EagleSam - 03-14-2014 11:34 AM

(03-14-2014 11:19 AM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  
(03-14-2014 09:28 AM)letsgoblue Wrote:  

Did you ever play basketball? Have you ever watched EMU play a zone? They recover incredibly quickly. You are supposed to move more in a zone than in man to man, unless you are pressing. They get tired....Riley can't play 26 minutes in a game because of his wind. I expect lots of timeouts by EMU, and if we shoot okay from the field we will win.

Well he played 34 minutes last night and shut down the MAC player of the year. He's fine. If you can beat him in the paint again (like the 2nd game), you'll probably win. If you settle for 27 threes like Buffalo did (even though they made 13 of them) and can't get anything done inside, I like our chances. Should be a great game!

RE: UT - EMU: MAC Semis - emanoh - 03-14-2014 11:58 AM

Agree EMU's type of D is perfect for this kind of tourney.

RE: UT - EMU: MAC Semis - falconplucker - 03-14-2014 12:08 PM

While EMU's d may be perfect for a tournament, I don't think they can control the tempo of the game for the 4th time in 5 days. I think Toledo blows EMU out.

RE: UT - EMU: MAC Semis - Rocket A - 03-14-2014 01:03 PM

Rest vs Rust. UT has advantage of being well rested. EMU has advantage of getting hot, winning 3 in a row, and being familiar with their surroundings. This will be their 3rd game at Quicken Loans Arena, while it is UT's 1st.

RE: UT - EMU: MAC Semis - T4C8 - 03-14-2014 01:05 PM

Im not gonna make any pedictions, but by god i hope we win!!!!

RE: UT - EMU: MAC Semis - letsgoblue - 03-14-2014 01:45 PM

(03-14-2014 11:58 AM)emanoh Wrote:  Agree EMU's type of D is perfect for this kind of tourney.

Thank you. Because of their zone, EMU scares me.
Syracuse always does well in their conference tournament.

RE: UT - EMU: MAC Semis - cnyrocketfan - 03-14-2014 07:51 PM

May as well make this the game thread.

Three words for the Rockets - forty solid minutes.