CSNbbs
Are they even paying attention? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Eastern Michigan (/forum-478.html)
+----- Thread: Are they even paying attention? (/thread-681391.html)

Are they even paying attention? - KPJ - 03-13-2014 07:38 AM

MLive ran this story at the following link:

http://www.mlive.com/eagles/index.ssf/2014/03/eastern_michigan_tops_northern.html?fb_action_ids=10151902779386986&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_ref=s%3DshowShareBarUI%3Ap%3Dfacebook-like

The Title says this:
Eastern Michigan tops Northern Illinois to advance to third round of MAC tournament

The story says this:
YPSILANTI, Mich. (AP) — Mike Talley tied his career high with 21 points and Eastern Michigan scored the last 10 points of the game as the Eagles defeated Northern Illinois 56-52 on Saturday.

The Eagles (17-12, 9-7 Mid-American) trailed by 13 points when they went on a 12-0 run to get within 43-42 with 8:44 left. Then, down 52-46 with 3:17 to go, they staged their second run to triumph with Talley's 3-pointer with 22 seconds left breaking the final tie.

Darell Combs added 11 points for EMU, which had lost 61-59 in double overtime at Northern Illinois on Feb. 20. Talley, who also had a career-high six rebounds, Combs and Karrington Ward were a combined 16 of 16 on free throws. The Eagles played without second-leading scorer Raven Lee, who was ill, and had lost two starters to fouls by the 5:41 mark.

The Huskies (13-15, 7-9) got 11 points from Aaric Armstead.

I'm sure they'll fix it soon, but anyone catch the problem here?

RE: Are they even paying attention? - emu steve - 03-13-2014 07:41 AM

They're more confused then the game officials last night. (see my latest post on the NIU game, where the officials missed a call at the end).

RE: Are they even paying attention? - TheWoodenNickle - 03-13-2014 08:24 AM

Ann Arbor News should be covering it themselves. They suck.

RE: Are they even paying attention? - KPJ - 03-13-2014 08:54 AM

The story has since been updated with the correct AP piece.

RE: Are they even paying attention? - emu steve - 03-13-2014 09:29 AM

(03-13-2014 08:54 AM)KPJ Wrote:  The story has since been updated with the correct AP piece.

There is hope for the hometown newspaper... 03-lmfao

RE: Are they even paying attention? - easterneagles79 - 03-13-2014 08:02 PM

The coverage of MLive (aka annarbornews.com) is an absolute joke, and it always has been in regards to EMU.

The only time you read about EMU is when something negative happens. But I guess thats what we get being in the shadows of the "almighty" UofM

RE: Are they even paying attention? - HuronRob - 03-13-2014 08:11 PM

Back in the day we always referred to it as the Ann Arbor Snews.

This debacle is made even worse when you realize that the Snews purchased the Ypsilanti Press and laid claim to covering all the news "that was fit to print" in Washtenaw County. Since then I doubt they've made much of an effort to drive past US-23. Or, maybe anything happening at EMU isn't fit to be print in the glorious Snews.

RE: Are they even paying attention? - easterneagles79 - 03-13-2014 08:17 PM

(03-13-2014 08:11 PM)HuronRob Wrote:  Back in the day we always referred to it as the Ann Arbor Snews.

This debacle is made even worse when you realize that the Snews purchased the Ypsilanti Press and laid claim to covering all the news "that was fit to print" in Washtenaw County. Since then I doubt they've made much of an effort to drive past US-23. Or, maybe anything happening at EMU isn't fit to be print in the glorious Snews.

They'll only cover ypsi if somebody gets shot or something gets stolen

Are they even paying attention? - TheWoodenNickle - 03-13-2014 08:51 PM

I'll never subscribe to that POS. Wonder if we could get legit coverage if enough of us asked for it. Doubtful.

RE: Are they even paying attention? - emu steve - 03-13-2014 11:00 PM

(03-13-2014 08:51 PM)TheWoodenNickle Wrote:  I'll never subscribe to that POS. Wonder if we could get legit coverage if enough of us asked for it. Doubtful.

It is a shame, but print media is going into the toilet.

Lot of excellent papers are now run of shoestring budgets and it shows.

My local paper, Washington Post, has lost tons of top journalists to retirement or other ventures in recent years.

Locally (Detroit Free Press) I believe that paper is now run on a shoestring isn't what it used to be.

RE: Are they even paying attention? - easterneagles79 - 03-13-2014 11:24 PM

(03-13-2014 11:00 PM)emu steve Wrote:  
(03-13-2014 08:51 PM)TheWoodenNickle Wrote:  I'll never subscribe to that POS. Wonder if we could get legit coverage if enough of us asked for it. Doubtful.

It is a shame, but print media is going into the toilet.

Lot of excellent papers are now run of shoestring budgets and it shows.

My local paper, Washington Post, has lost tons of top journalists to retirement or other ventures in recent years.

Locally (Detroit Free Press) I believe that paper is now run on a shoestring isn't what it used to be.

It's all going to digital media. Which is a shame, but that's just going to be how it goes.

Doesn't mean they cant be objective in coverage though. I mean, locally it's a disaster here. It's so bad that I would settle for simple AP articles to be posted on AAsnooze via mlive. But we dont even get that.

RE: Are they even paying attention? - TimBuck2 - 03-14-2014 11:10 PM

The Eastern Echo was in Cleveland I see.