CSNbbs
Anyone watching the Eagles game? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: Anyone watching the Eagles game? (/thread-666322.html)

Anyone watching the Eagles game? - Louisianafanrcajun90 - 12-08-2013 03:13 PM

They are playing in like 3 feet of snow. I'm glad to be in the Sunbelt.04-rock

RE: Anyone watching the Eagles game? - GATA - 12-08-2013 03:20 PM

I hate the cold. I couldn't imagine playing in 8" of snow

RE: Anyone watching the Eagles game? - CatMom - 12-08-2013 03:35 PM

I'm an Eagle's fan but I moved to TX 3 decades ago to get away from that mess

RE: Anyone watching the Eagles game? - TheRevSWT - 12-08-2013 03:58 PM

Watching the game just... HURTS me.

Still blows my mind that folks are paying several hundred dollars to sit there in that weather.

Anyone watching the Eagles game? - bamaEagle - 12-08-2013 05:00 PM

Saw a picture from the press box and they could barely see the outlines of the players. Glad I live in the south.

RE: Anyone watching the Eagles game? - chiefsfan - 12-08-2013 07:51 PM

(12-08-2013 05:00 PM)bamaEagle Wrote:  Saw a picture from the press box and they could barely see the outlines of the players. Glad I live in the south.

I do to

*Goes to stare out window at the 3 inches of ice on the ground, sigh's and walks back to the computer*

RE: Anyone watching the Eagles game? - Pike51 - 12-09-2013 02:01 PM

My freshman year of college, I started 2 games for the small Kentucky school I was at. One of those was a late season game at Georgetown College. It was 12 degrees and snowing... heavily. Georgetown didn't have much in the way of snow removal resources so they just kept painting the lines on the field with day-glo orange spray paint and trying to shovel as much as possible from the goal lines.

Being a lineman, I was informed that we didn't wear sleeves or leggings (tough guy mistake #1)... also, as a center, I wasn't permitted to wear a glove on my snapping hand (they weren't as good as they are today). I played every snap and froze my arse off. We didn't have heaters or those giant overcoats. It went a little better once I lost all feeling in my feet but my hands were so cold. We had a guy break his arm and not know it until the bus ride home because he couldn't feel it until he had warmed up enough.