CSNbbs
UL-L Turned Down Independence Bowl? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: UL-L Turned Down Independence Bowl? (/thread-664529.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

UL-L Turned Down Independence Bowl? - gostAte870 - 12-01-2013 02:17 AM

Wonder if our Cajun "brothers" at least put a good word in for us as they shut the door in the faces of the Indy Bowl reps07-coffee3

RE: UL-L Turned Down Independence Bowl? - ark30inf - 12-01-2013 02:48 AM

(12-01-2013 02:17 AM)gostAte870 Wrote:  Wonder if our Cajun "brothers" at least put a good word in for us as they shut the door in the faces of the Indy Bowl reps07-coffee3

UL beat us head to head. They deserve to accept the bowl invite of their choice without worrying about how it affects us. I don't blame them at all.

I am sad about their fans supporting the bid of a defecting WKU over the #2 team in their own conference that they share a long history with.

RE: UL-L Turned Down Independence Bowl? - gostAte870 - 12-01-2013 02:53 AM

(12-01-2013 02:48 AM)ark30inf Wrote:  
(12-01-2013 02:17 AM)gostAte870 Wrote:  Wonder if our Cajun "brothers" at least put a good word in for us as they shut the door in the faces of the Indy Bowl reps07-coffee3

UL beat us head to head. They deserve to accept the bowl invite of their choice without worrying about how it affects us. I don't blame them at all.

I am sad about their fans supporting the bid of a defecting WKU over the #2 team in their own conference that they share a long history with.

Just as I start feeling optimistic about this conference, this crap happens. Looks like we may possibly be co-champs and still not get a bowl. Apparently the conference standings does not matter anymore. Let's get a bowl game in Jonesboro so that we can automatically get in every season that we get at least six wins.

RE: UL-L Turned Down Independence Bowl? - ark30inf - 12-01-2013 03:00 AM

(12-01-2013 02:53 AM)gostAte870 Wrote:  

Just as I start feeling optimistic about this conference, this crap happens. Looks like we may possibly be co-champs and still not get a bowl. Apparently the conference standings does not matter anymore. Let's get a bowl game in Jonesboro so that we can automatically get in every season that we get at least six wins.

This is going to be an issue for NMSU, Idaho, Arkansas State, and to a lesser extent TXST and ULM. Primarily because New Orleans Bowl will be our only western bowl and it is already locked up.

I'm not sure what the solution is.

UL-L Turned Down Independence Bowl? - Check Yosef - 12-01-2013 03:35 AM

(12-01-2013 03:00 AM)ark30inf Wrote:  

This is going to be an issue for NMSU, Idaho, Arkansas State, and to a lesser extent TXST and ULM. Primarily because New Orleans Bowl will be our only western bowl and it is already locked up.

This seems to have opened a can of worms atleast in the devout fan ranks, I find it unfortunate that there is so much promise in the future for this conference and right near the end of this season I see fault lines erupt, I hope they fade over basketball season, remember my friends and fellow fan(atics), "TOGETHER we RISE"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: UL-L Turned Down Independence Bowl? - ark30inf - 12-01-2013 03:55 AM

(12-01-2013 03:35 AM)Check Yosef Wrote:  

This seems to have opened a can of worms atleast in the devout fan ranks, I find it unfortunate that there is so much promise in the future for this conference and right near the end of this season I see fault lines erupt, I hope they fade over basketball season, remember my friends and fellow fan(atics), "TOGETHER we RISE"

The bowl game thing won't be as much of an issue for App State because you are in the east. But the issue could still arise if you found yourself competing for a slot with a Texas State, USA, and Georgia State who were below you in the standings but have better tv markets or, in the case of USA, have ties to the bowl.

The whole system is flawed, but the SBC seems to be eat up with it.

I don't know what you can do about it, because lets face it...what bowl in the SBC footprint wants to be forced to take Idaho? But if their record deserves it, they should get a bowl bid.

Like I said, I don't know what the solution is, but the SBC needs to try to address it and minimize the bad effects as much as possible. This is the sort of thing that can cause airport meetings.

UL-L Turned Down Independence Bowl? - Check Yosef - 12-01-2013 04:01 AM

(12-01-2013 03:55 AM)ark30inf Wrote:  
(12-01-2013 03:35 AM)Check Yosef Wrote:  
(12-01-2013 02:48 AM)ark30inf Wrote:  UL beat us head to head. They deserve to accept the bowl invite of their choice without worrying about how it affects us. I don't blame them at all.

The bowl game thing won't be as much of an issue for App State because you are in the east. But the issue could still arise if you found yourself competing for a slot with a Texas State, USA, and Georgia State who were below you in the standings but have better tv markets or, in the case of USA, have ties to the bowl.

The whole system is flawed, but the SBC seems to be eat up with it.

I don't know what you can do about it, because lets face it...what bowl in the SBC footprint wants to be forced to take Idaho? But if their record deserves it, they should get a bowl bid.

Like I said, I don't know what the solution is, but the SBC needs to try to address it and minimize the bad effects as much as possible. This is the sort of thing that can cause airport meetings.

Well not much can be done by most of us specifically me considering I'm just a student, I see the biggest solution to be our teams continue to improve, our programs focus on winning and push the conference to do more for the prestige of our conference, simple as that for me, programs push their players and get better and better OOC wins while the conference uses that it get us more tie ins and more coverage

If in the future I feel app was cheated from a bowl that's tragic. What's more important is that the team that cheated my team from it whoops that other team's ass.

RE: UL-L Turned Down Independence Bowl? - TXSTRiverBobcat - 12-01-2013 04:14 AM

(12-01-2013 03:00 AM)ark30inf Wrote:  This is going to be an issue for NMSU, Idaho, Arkansas State, and to a lesser extent TXST and ULM. Primarily because New Orleans Bowl will be our only western bowl and it is already locked up.

The solution is to get out as fast as possible. Either that or try to get a bowl game in your city that has primary affiliations to your school in an already over saturated bowl system.

This conference is doomed if it doesn't strive for the loyalty of its future members and do everything it can to lock down enough bowl tie ins to place almost all teams eligible. I for one hope Texas State can find a way out as fast as possible. Not because this conference is weak, because it's definitely one of the stronger P5 conferences, but because the lack of bowl access to everyone else in the conference.

RE: UL-L Turned Down Independence Bowl? - slappycajun - 12-01-2013 04:18 AM

Where r u seeing that we turned down the I bowl?

RE: UL-L Turned Down Independence Bowl? - CajunFanatico - 12-01-2013 08:31 AM

(12-01-2013 04:18 AM)slappycajun Wrote:  Where r u seeing that we turned down the I bowl?

And where have Cajun fans promoted WKU over stAte for a bowl bid?

I'm missing something here.

RE: UL-L Turned Down Independence Bowl? - CAJUNCOUNTRY - 12-01-2013 08:49 AM

(12-01-2013 08:31 AM)CajunFanatico Wrote:  
(12-01-2013 04:18 AM)slappycajun Wrote:  Where r u seeing that we turned down the I bowl?

And where have Cajun fans promoted WKU over stAte for a bowl bid?

I'm missing something here.

Like all other fan base, I know our base can be arrogant but I doubt the administration would turn down any bowl invitation especially an in state bowl game. Please show us some concrete proof not hear say.

RE: UL-L Turned Down Independence Bowl? - statefanatic - 12-01-2013 09:23 AM

Heard from an Ibowl rep that Benson wanted the Cajuns to take the Ibowl so two other belt teams would go to bowls also. The Cajuns decided to not take the Ibowl and went ahead with the NObowl. The Cajuns are only looking out for themselves and do not care about the conference. It wouldn't hurt the Cajuns to drive a few miles North to help out the rest of the conference.

RE: UL-L Turned Down Independence Bowl? - CajunFanatico - 12-01-2013 09:27 AM

(12-01-2013 09:23 AM)statefanatic Wrote:  Heard from an Ibowl rep that Benson wanted the Cajuns to take the Ibowl so two other belt teams would go to bowls also. The Cajuns decided to not take the Ibowl and went ahead with the NObowl. The Cajuns are only looking out for themselves and do not care about the conference. It wouldn't hurt the Cajuns to drive a few miles North to help out the rest of the conference.

Yeah, well I heard Miss Universe has the hots for me but I'm not quite sure I should believe the rumor yet.

Again, instead of getting all twisted off at the Cajuns, wouldn't it be more productive for stAte fans to encourage their team to win more games so that they didn't have to depend on anyone else to assure them a bowl game? Just sayin'.

RE: UL-L Turned Down Independence Bowl? - statefanatic - 12-01-2013 09:33 AM

(12-01-2013 09:27 AM)CajunFanatico Wrote:  
(12-01-2013 09:23 AM)statefanatic Wrote:  Heard from an Ibowl rep that Benson wanted the Cajuns to take the Ibowl so two other belt teams would go to bowls also. The Cajuns decided to not take the Ibowl and went ahead with the NObowl. The Cajuns are only looking out for themselves and do not care about the conference. It wouldn't hurt the Cajuns to drive a few miles North to help out the rest of the conference.

Yeah, well I heard Miss Universe has the hots for me but I'm not quite sure I should believe the rumor yet.

Again, instead of getting all twisted off at the Cajuns, wouldn't it be more productive for stAte fans to encourage their team to win more games so that they didn't have to depend on anyone else to assure them a bowl game? Just sayin'.

I said I heard it from a Ibowl rep which makes it a true statement. This is not a rumor being made up. Even if stAte won yesterday. Benson still wanted the Cajuns to take the Ibowl so the Belt would have three teams bowling. The Cajuns only cared about themselves and said screw the rest of the Belt.

RE: UL-L Turned Down Independence Bowl? - mathenis89 - 12-01-2013 09:39 AM

Did you truly expect anything different?

RE: UL-L Turned Down Independence Bowl? - CajunFanatico - 12-01-2013 09:39 AM

(12-01-2013 09:33 AM)statefanatic Wrote:  

I said I heard it from a Ibowl rep which makes it a true statement. This is not a rumor being made up. Even if stAte won yesterday. Benson still wanted the Cajuns to take the Ibowl so the Belt would have three teams bowling. The Cajuns only cared about themselves and said screw the rest of the Belt.

Still not buying what you're selling. Just doesn't add up. Hud clearly said he wanted to play the best team possible in a bowl matchup. Tulane, in the NO Bowl, will be a fun game for everyone involved, of that there can be no doubt.

But this supposed rejection of the Indy Bowl had to have taken place before the ULM loss and I don't see Hud and the administration rejecting anyone as long as the Cajuns kept on winning. Last night's game results and the QB issue certainly would change some people's thinking re bowl possibilities.

RE: UL-L Turned Down Independence Bowl? - CAJUNCOUNTRY - 12-01-2013 09:42 AM

(12-01-2013 09:33 AM)statefanatic Wrote:  

So are you saying that the only SBC team the Indy bowl wanted was the Cajuns and if so would they still want us after last night defeat to ULM. Was the offer extended or was it contingent on other things happening. Because if it was contingent we would have even more egg on our face this morning.

RE: UL-L Turned Down Independence Bowl? - warhawk09 - 12-01-2013 09:44 AM

Hud wanted bigger bowl, Farmer wanted NOLA

RE: UL-L Turned Down Independence Bowl? - CajunFanatico - 12-01-2013 09:48 AM

Some of these stAte fans must be wearing vaginas. Get a grip.

RE: UL-L Turned Down Independence Bowl? - CAJUNCOUNTRY - 12-01-2013 09:51 AM

(12-01-2013 09:44 AM)warhawk09 Wrote:  Hud wanted bigger bowl, Farmer wanted NOLA

But would have to think after your victory there is no way the Cajuns get an Indy bowl, heck we aren't guaranteed to win our conference out right.