CSNbbs
What do you guys think about burning Leftwich's red shirt? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Team Talk (/forum-432.html)
+----- Forum: UTEP (/forum-454.html)
+----- Thread: What do you guys think about burning Leftwich's red shirt? (/thread-659272.html)

What do you guys think about burning Leftwich's red shirt? - randaddyminer - 11-07-2013 03:04 PM

I've read every thing from good idea, bad idea, to good idea if we red shirt him next year. I think the idea of red shirting him next year is very interesting. It would get him some full-time game experience before he takes the starting job after showers leaves. If he kept his red shirt this year, next year (assuming showers doesn't get hurt) he would just come in during garbage time, if at all. This could get him some much needed game experience, something he might not have the chance to get next year.

On the other hand, I'd hate to waste half the season to burn his red shirt if all he is going to do is hand the ball off.

RE: What do you guys think about burning Leftwich's red shirt? - gcp_mineros - 11-07-2013 04:36 PM

(11-07-2013 03:04 PM)randaddyminer Wrote:  I've read every thing from good idea, bad idea, to good idea if we red shirt him next year. I think the idea of red shirting him next year is very interesting. It would get him some full-time game experience before he takes the starting job after showers leaves. If he kept his red shirt this year, next year (assuming showers doesn't get hurt) he would just come in during garbage time, if at all. This could get him some much needed game experience, something he might not have the chance to get next year.

On the other hand, I'd hate to waste half the season to burn his red shirt if all he is going to do is hand the ball off.

Burn it. The team is in the trenches taking heavy artillery, time to send in the reinforcements. A redshirt sounds nice but you really dont know what a player can do until they are in a game. He can be the Messiah. Save us from purgatory Mack!

RE: What do you guys think about burning Leftwich's red shirt? - mistabinks - 11-07-2013 04:44 PM

Burn it but red shirt him next year.

RE: What do you guys think about burning Leftwich's red shirt? - RUNVSFD MINER - 11-07-2013 11:14 PM

We need time to develop a line to protect him