CSNbbs
Steve-O, Steve-O, Steve-O......!!!!! - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: College Sports and Conference Realignment (/forum-637.html)
+---- Thread: Steve-O, Steve-O, Steve-O......!!!!! (/thread-658812.html)

Pages: 1 2

Steve-O, Steve-O, Steve-O......!!!!! - TerryD - 11-05-2013 12:26 PM

What would the good nuns think?

ASU AD Steve Paterson is apparently in the running for the Texas job, maybe even the front runner.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/24191900/reports-arizona-state-ad-steve-patterson-frontrunner-for-texas-job

I am just amazed that he would even dream of leaving his current job considering there is a contract in place between him and ASU.

Is nothing sacred?

Perhaps he is giving them 3-4 years before he leaves so they have suitable time to find a replacement?

I mean, he would not have the lack of moral fiber to change his word and leave ASU while he is still under a contract there, would he?

He would honor his word to ASU to the letter, right? It is only proper considering his past comments on the sanctity of a contract.

Recall some of the quotes from him a few months ago about the future ND/ASU game in Arizona:

"The school didn't have the courtesy to have the athletic director (Jack Swarbrick) call the athletic director at ASU to discuss it," Patterson said. "They had their PR guy call (ASU's media relations office) to give us a message Friday afternoon while everybody was out of town at the Final Four.

"At least in the little Catholic town I grew up in (Beaver Dam, Wisconsin) the good nuns wouldn’t have thought that was a very appropriate way to honor your word."

"If you act in a professional way and you want to talk about three years down the line or four years down the line where somebody's got a chance to make an adjustment in their schedule, that's a different thing, but when it's 18 months out, everybody's got their season booked."

Steve, come out and admonish Texas for even considering you while you are under a contract with Arizona State.

Certainly, be consistent and tell Texas to go away and quit tempting you to dishonor your word and the bond of honor you gave ASU when you signed a contract with them.

At the very least, tell them to quit bothering you until your contract with ASU is expired.

RE: Steve-O, Steve-O, Steve-O......!!!!! - Wedge - 11-05-2013 12:31 PM

According to Kirk Bohls, Chip Brown, Pete Thamel, and about a dozen other sports guys on Twitter, Patterson-to-Austin is a done deal.

For Terry's entertainment:

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/asu/articles/20131105asu-declines-comment-steve-patterson-to-texas-reports.html
Quote:Patterson recently received a contract extension at ASU through June 2018.

RE: Steve-O, Steve-O, Steve-O......!!!!! - dbackjon - 11-05-2013 12:34 PM

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-football/news/20131105/texas-steve-patterson-arizona-state/

RE: Steve-O, Steve-O, Steve-O......!!!!! - dbackjon - 11-05-2013 12:36 PM

So does this mean Texas to the Pac 12?

Patterson a Trojan Horse to bring Texahoma in?

Will WVU be outta luck and back to the AAC?

RE: Steve-O, Steve-O, Steve-O......!!!!! - HeartOfDixie - 11-05-2013 12:40 PM

So Luck undermined himself for no reason... Ouch!

RE: Steve-O, Steve-O, Steve-O......!!!!! - lumberpack4 - 11-05-2013 12:40 PM

(11-05-2013 12:36 PM)dbackjon Wrote:  So does this mean Texas to the Pac 12?

Patterson a Trojan Horse to bring Texahoma in?

Will WVU be outta luck and back to the AAC?

Actually the person who should be most worried is Herb Sendeck, ASU's moribund basketball coach. 04-cheers

RE: Steve-O, Steve-O, Steve-O......!!!!! - Zombiewoof - 11-05-2013 12:43 PM

All of this is a ruse. Texas is waiting on Saban's answer to take over as head coach and AD, transitioning to just AD after his third national championship in Austin. 04-rock 03-lmfao

RE: Steve-O, Steve-O, Steve-O......!!!!! - bitcruncher - 11-05-2013 01:20 PM

(11-05-2013 12:40 PM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  So Luck undermined himself for no reason... Ouch!
Luck still has work to do in Morgantown. He hasn't finished everything he started out to do, and he has always finished what he started. He even delayed his arrival in Morgantown to complete a few things in Houston before taking over at WVU.

I'm happy, if this is the case. I'd rather see Ollie stay at WVU, even though that's not a popular sentiment with the folks who wish Eddie Pastilong was still in charge.

But I prefer to live in the present. I can't remember the past anyway. So it works out just fine for me.

RE: Steve-O, Steve-O, Steve-O......!!!!! - HeartOfDixie - 11-05-2013 01:24 PM

(11-05-2013 01:20 PM)bitcruncher Wrote:  
(11-05-2013 12:40 PM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  So Luck undermined himself for no reason... Ouch!
Luck still has work to do in Morgantown. He hasn't finished everything he started out to do, and he has always finished what he started. He even delayed his arrival in Morgantown to complete a few things in Houston before taking over at WVU.

I'm happy, if this is the case. I'd rather see Ollie stay at WVU, even though that's not a popular sentiment with the folks who wish Eddie Pastilong was still in charge.

But I prefer to live in the present. I can't remember the past anyway. So it works out just fine for me.

I have a good friend who is a WVU grad who was telling me Luck faces a lot of issues with some of the old school crowd over firing Stewart, issues they may never forgive him for.

Still, I know I wouldn't be too excited with him since he just showed his hand and Dana hasn't panned out.

RE: Steve-O, Steve-O, Steve-O......!!!!! - dbackjon - 11-05-2013 01:30 PM

Does this mean Todd Graham to replace Brown?

RE: Steve-O, Steve-O, Steve-O......!!!!! - EerMeNow - 11-05-2013 01:53 PM

(11-05-2013 01:24 PM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  

I have a good friend who is a WVU grad who was telling me Luck faces a lot of issues with some of the old school crowd over firing Stewart, issues they may never forgive him for.

Still, I know I wouldn't be too excited with him since he just showed his hand and Dana hasn't panned out.

There are people who take issue with how Luck handled the firing of Coach Stewart. I supported the coaching change, but I also agree with those who suggest that Luck botched the transition.

Regarding U of Texas, I hold no ill-will towards Luck for going after their AD job. It is one of the top AD jobs in the country. Now if he continually goes after other AD jobs after this, I'll probably be singing a different tune.

I remember Coach Rod being a finalist for the Alabama job and not blaming him for a second. One of the (many) reasons people were so pissed about him going to Michigan was that he got a significant raise the year before after the Bama deal didn't happen. Oh, and there was also that 13-9 choke job that pissed people off.

RE: Steve-O, Steve-O, Steve-O......!!!!! - bitcruncher - 11-05-2013 02:01 PM

(11-05-2013 01:24 PM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  

If it were left up to the old school crowd, WVU would be on the outside of the P5 looking in. So I could care less what they think. Those folks should let go of the past, since it's gone and will never return.

Even if Dana hadn't been hired when Luck took over, Stewart would still have died within a year's time, and we'd have ended up hiring Holgorsen a year later. So IMO we're better off now than if we'd have had another year of Stew's inadequate recruiting. At least now we're almost to the point where we can compete consistently. Our best players on the team currently have all come on board in the last couple of years, with very few exceptions. You'd think it would be mostly juniors and seniors. But it isn't. It's mostly freshmen and sophomores, with a sprinkling of juco transfers.

RE: Steve-O, Steve-O, Steve-O......!!!!! - TerryD - 11-05-2013 02:03 PM

Patterson is a big, fat hypocrite.

RE: Steve-O, Steve-O, Steve-O......!!!!! - bitcruncher - 11-05-2013 02:15 PM

(11-05-2013 02:03 PM)TerryD Wrote:  Patterson is a big, fat hypocrite.
Patterson is a businessman in today's society, Terry. The values you and I grew up with no longer exist. Get used to it.

RE: Steve-O, Steve-O, Steve-O......!!!!! - TerryD - 11-05-2013 02:17 PM

(11-05-2013 02:15 PM)bitcruncher Wrote:  
Patterson is a businessman in today's society, Terry. The values you and I grew up with no longer exist. Get used to it.

He barked loudly about "sanctity of contract" concerning the ND game.

He doesn't mind leaving ASU while under contract with them.

Just be consistent.

RE: Steve-O, Steve-O, Steve-O......!!!!! - bitcruncher - 11-05-2013 02:19 PM

(11-05-2013 02:17 PM)TerryD Wrote:  

Just be consistent.
He has been consistent - consistently hypocritical. You missed that memo.

RE: Steve-O, Steve-O, Steve-O......!!!!! - CommuterBob - 11-05-2013 02:21 PM

Once again, all the WVU expansionistas are wrong, even about someone at their own school. Not surprised at all.

RE: Steve-O, Steve-O, Steve-O......!!!!! - bitcruncher - 11-05-2013 02:25 PM

I wish they'd shut the hell up. But I've been wishing that for years, and it hasn't worked yet. 03-banghead

RE: Steve-O, Steve-O, Steve-O......!!!!! - Wedge - 11-05-2013 02:34 PM

(11-05-2013 02:19 PM)bitcruncher Wrote:  

Just be consistent.

To be fair -- even though Patterson is hypocritical about leaving ASU, what he did with the ND game was in ASU's best interests and no doubt ASU people are happy about it. If ND was trying to cancel the game without paying any compensation to ASU, then playing the game is a better deal for ASU as long as their net benefit from the game in Tempe is greater than zero, which of course it will be.

RE: Steve-O, Steve-O, Steve-O......!!!!! - TerryD - 11-05-2013 02:48 PM

(11-05-2013 02:34 PM)Wedge Wrote:  
(11-05-2013 02:19 PM)bitcruncher Wrote:  

Just be consistent.

To be fair -- even though Patterson is hypocritical about leaving ASU, what he did with the ND game was in ASU's best interests and no doubt ASU people are happy about it. If ND was trying to cancel the game without paying any compensation to ASU, then playing the game is a better deal for ASU as long as their net benefit from the game in Tempe is greater than zero, which of course it will be.

He won't be there for that ND game in Tempe. He bolted his contract. Lol.