CSNbbs
SD Picks Eli - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SECbbs (/forum-285.html)
+---- Forum: SEC West Team Talk (/forum-238.html)
+----- Forum: Ole Miss (/forum-252.html)
+----- Thread: SD Picks Eli (/thread-6564.html)

- Olemissno1 - 04-24-2004 11:40 AM

If anyone is at work as I am, San Diego selected Eli Manning as the 1st overall pick.

- WizardRebel - 04-24-2004 11:44 AM

Olemissno1 Wrote:If anyone is at work as I am, San Diego selected Eli Manning as the 1st overall pick.
I'm working too bro. We've got the game on ESPN Radio online here.

Honestly, I hope Eli does what he said he'd do in an interview earlier this week. He said "whatever happens, we'll just make the best of it." Notice ESPN doesn't play THAT clip very often. From what I hear, San Diego is an outstanding place to live and the Chargers are building a gorgeous new stadium. I hope E at least gives them a chance. A lot of football fans aren't looking at him with a lot of favor right now.

WR

- Olemissno1 - 04-24-2004 12:02 PM

Very true. I went to the Chargers message board and they were all slamming Eli.
I wonder if the Chargers picked him to deal a trade later on.

This just in...Giants picked Rivers. Can you see a trade with the Chargers now? This offseason is going to be full of talks.

- Olemissno1 - 04-24-2004 12:15 PM

Chargers and Giants trade!!! Eli for Rivers+3rd round pick+1st and 5th round picks next year.

- Reb32 - 04-24-2004 02:23 PM

I'm also working but I have a 19" TV in my office. :D I've been watching the whole thing playout in living color.

- oldtiger - 04-24-2004 07:56 PM

The people attending the draft and the folks that they showed in SD were some of the most classless people I have ever seen. Archie, Olivia, and Eli did their best to put on smiling faces through the whole picture taking session, but the boos were unbearable.

I have no love for Ole Miss, but Archie and Eli deserved better......to my knowledge, they have always presented themselves as model southern citizens.

- REBstill - 04-24-2004 11:14 PM

oldtiger Wrote:The people attending the draft and the folks that they showed in SD were some of the most classless people I have ever seen. Archie, Olivia, and Eli did their best to put on smiling faces through the whole picture taking session, but the boos were unbearable.

I have no love for Ole Miss, but Archie and Eli deserved better......to my knowledge, they have always presented themselves as model southern citizens.
Thanks for your comments oldtiger...I couldn't agree more!

- WizardRebel - 04-24-2004 11:35 PM

Hell, if I were a Charger fan, I'd tell Eli not to waste his career in SD. :D

As a lifelong Atlanta Falcons fan, there were many draft picks we made where I said, "great, his career is over." I was right on many counts.

There was this guy named Deion Sanders however... :angel:

WR