CSNbbs
Liberal Consumer Reports Advises Readers To Stay Away From Healthcare.gov - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: Liberal Consumer Reports Advises Readers To Stay Away From Healthcare.gov (/thread-656101.html)

Liberal Consumer Reports Advises Readers To Stay Away From Healthcare.gov - EagleRockCafe - 10-21-2013 11:42 AM

Evidently not all seniors are happy with Obamacare.

Consumer Reports, which publishes reviews of consumer products and services,advised its readers to avoid the federal healthcare exchange “for at least another month if you can.”

“Hopefully that will be long enough for its software vendors to clean up the mess they’ve made,” the magazine said, having tested the site themselves over the course of the past three weeks.

Noting that only 271,000 of the 9.47 million people who tried signing up in the first week managed to create an account, Consumer Reports then provided a few tips to those attempting to slog through the application process.

From attempting successive logins because “error messages … may not always match reality” to checking your inbox frequently because if you miss an e-mail you’ll be timed out of the site and forced to start from square one, none of the suggestions guaranteed success.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/361750/consumer-reports-stay-away-healthcaregov-alec-torres

RE: Liberal Consumer Reports Advises Readers To Stay Away From Healthcare.gov - jh - 10-21-2013 02:29 PM

I have to ask, what makes Consumer Reports liberal? I thought they only reviewed consumer products, which would seem to be about the most non-partisan activity I can think of.

RE: Liberal Consumer Reports Advises Readers To Stay Away From Healthcare.gov - Fitbud - 10-21-2013 02:38 PM

(10-21-2013 11:42 AM)EagleRockCafe Wrote:  Evidently not all seniors are happy with Obamacare.

Consumer Reports, which publishes reviews of consumer products and services,advised its readers to avoid the federal healthcare exchange “for at least another month if you can.”

“Hopefully that will be long enough for its software vendors to clean up the mess they’ve made,” the magazine said, having tested the site themselves over the course of the past three weeks.

Noting that only 271,000 of the 9.47 million people who tried signing up in the first week managed to create an account, Consumer Reports then provided a few tips to those attempting to slog through the application process.

From attempting successive logins because “error messages … may not always match reality” to checking your inbox frequently because if you miss an e-mail you’ll be timed out of the site and forced to start from square one, none of the suggestions guaranteed success.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/361750/consumer-reports-stay-away-healthcaregov-alec-torres

9.5 people tried to sigh up?

That's very encouraging considering that only 7 million are needed for the system to sustain itself.

RE: Liberal Consumer Reports Advises Readers To Stay Away From Healthcare.gov - LSU04_08 - 10-21-2013 02:40 PM

(10-21-2013 02:38 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  
(10-21-2013 11:42 AM)EagleRockCafe Wrote:  Evidently not all seniors are happy with Obamacare.

That's very encouraging considering that only 7 million are needed for the system to sustain itself.

RE: Liberal Consumer Reports Advises Readers To Stay Away From Healthcare.gov - Fitbud - 10-21-2013 02:58 PM

(10-21-2013 02:40 PM)LSU04_08 Wrote:  
(10-21-2013 02:38 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  

What's the matter? You mean you don't want Obamacare to work?

RE: Liberal Consumer Reports Advises Readers To Stay Away From Healthcare.gov - dmacfour - 10-21-2013 04:59 PM

Apparently everything left of "batsh!t crazy conservative" is liberal. Pretty soon, Eagle is going to start calling Fox News liberal.

RE: Liberal Consumer Reports Advises Readers To Stay Away From Healthcare.gov - Owl 69/70/75 - 10-21-2013 05:01 PM

(10-21-2013 04:59 PM)dmacfour Wrote:  Apparently everything left of "batsh!t crazy conservative" is liberal. Pretty soon, Eagle is going to start calling Fox News liberal.

When you define everything to the right of Chairman Mao as "batsh!t crazy conservative," then yes, that would be true.

RE: Liberal Consumer Reports Advises Readers To Stay Away From Healthcare.gov - dmacfour - 10-21-2013 05:09 PM

(10-21-2013 05:01 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  
(10-21-2013 04:59 PM)dmacfour Wrote:  Apparently everything left of "batsh!t crazy conservative" is liberal. Pretty soon, Eagle is going to start calling Fox News liberal.

When you define everything to the right of Chairman Mao as "batsh!t crazy conservative," then yes, that would be true.

Are you accusing me of being a communist? I thought higher of you than that.

RE: Liberal Consumer Reports Advises Readers To Stay Away From Healthcare.gov - Owl 69/70/75 - 10-21-2013 05:19 PM

(10-21-2013 05:09 PM)dmacfour Wrote:  
(10-21-2013 05:01 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  
Are you accusing me of being a communist? I thought higher of you than that.

I'm just trying to figure out how you define "batsh!t crazy conservative." What would be a "non-batsh!t crazy" conservative in your world?

RE: Liberal Consumer Reports Advises Readers To Stay Away From Healthcare.gov - Machiavelli - 10-21-2013 05:56 PM

Jesus Christ!n!!!!!!! I thought the EXACT same thing. HOW in the f is CONSUMER freaking report liberal? I define bat **** crazy as anyone who believes Consumer Reports as something liberal.

RE: Liberal Consumer Reports Advises Readers To Stay Away From Healthcare.gov - Machiavelli - 10-21-2013 06:00 PM

That crazy liberal oxygen. Need it to respirate!

RE: Liberal Consumer Reports Advises Readers To Stay Away From Healthcare.gov - Machiavelli - 10-21-2013 06:01 PM

That liberal color blue. That's another one!!! It's just liberal. Everybody knows it.

RE: Liberal Consumer Reports Advises Readers To Stay Away From Healthcare.gov - DaSaintFan - 10-21-2013 06:24 PM

I had my issues with the title ERC put in there, until I found something today from October 1st, 2009:

From Politico

Quote:The venerable advocacy group Consumers Union, best known for publishing Consumer Reports, will dive into the health care fray Monday with a television ad making the case for passing health care reform legislation.

The television ad is the first of its kind in the history of the organization, which was founded in 1936, Consumers Union President Jim Guest told POLITICO.

RE: Liberal Consumer Reports Advises Readers To Stay Away From Healthcare.gov - jh - 10-21-2013 07:54 PM

(10-21-2013 06:24 PM)DaSaintFan Wrote:  I had my issues with the title ERC put in there, until I found something today from October 1st, 2009:
From Politico
Quote:The venerable advocacy group Consumers Union, best known for publishing Consumer Reports, will dive into the health care fray Monday with a television ad making the case for passing health care reform legislation.
The television ad is the first of its kind in the history of the organization, which was founded in 1936, Consumers Union President Jim Guest told POLITICO.

Interesting. I hadn't heard about the health care ad, or Consumer Reports running any kinds of ads at all.