CSNbbs
Can't wait for people to tell us that Clemson really wasn't that good - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: College Sports and Conference Realignment (/forum-637.html)
+---- Thread: Can't wait for people to tell us that Clemson really wasn't that good (/thread-655920.html)

Pages: 1 2

Can't wait for people to tell us that Clemson really wasn't that good - QuestionSocratic - 10-20-2013 12:05 PM

Anything to marginalize FSU's win. The Noles can't mess up the Bama/Ducks parade. If FSU doesn't get a few 1st place votes, the voters aren't watching.

RE: Can't wait for people to tell us that Clemson really wasn't that good - jaredf29 - 10-20-2013 12:10 PM

I think we all learned FSU is a very dangerous team.

RE: Can't wait for people to tell us that Clemson really wasn't that good - USAFMEDIC - 10-20-2013 12:13 PM

Clemson got all caught up in their own hype. They won't lose another game. I got tix to the FSU-I daho game. That should be fun...02-13-banana

RE: Can't wait for people to tell us that Clemson really wasn't that good - He1nousOne - 10-20-2013 12:39 PM

Clemson beat Georgia and that Georgia team was healthy. Clemson is a very strong team. Florida State is just that damn good. They went into Clemson and dismantled them.

In my opinion that Florida State team is the one that should face off with Alabama if Alabama runs the table.

Clemson does need to make an example of Maryland next week though. It is an ESPN televised game in the middle of the afternoon.

Maryland needs to do their future conference a favor and take down Clemson so that the marginalizing can happen. I think Clemson is going to come to town with the mindset of absolutely pillaging that Maryland team. Poor, poor Terps.

RE: Can't wait for people to tell us that Clemson really wasn't that good - jaminandjachin - 10-20-2013 12:42 PM

This will all disappear if Clemson rolls into Columbia and beats SC. FSU is not 37 points better than Clemson. They caught them on an off night.

RE: Can't wait for people to tell us that Clemson really wasn't that good - He1nousOne - 10-20-2013 12:46 PM

(10-20-2013 12:42 PM)jaminandjachin Wrote:  This will all disappear if Clemson rolls into Columbia and beats SC. FSU is not 37 points better than Clemson. They caught them on an off night.

If Clemson's excuse is that they had an off night then they aren't as good as the polls show because if you are ranked #3 and your conference arch rival rolls into town ranked as #5 AND you "have an off night" then your team really isn't that good after all.

You don't have an off night in this situation at home! They were beat down physically and mentally.

RE: Can't wait for people to tell us that Clemson really wasn't that good - USAFMEDIC - 10-20-2013 12:46 PM

(10-20-2013 12:42 PM)jaminandjachin Wrote:  This will all disappear if Clemson rolls into Columbia and beats SC. FSU is not 37 points better than Clemson. They caught them on an off night.

Just a side note question... Did Clemson also leave on those silly buses? That was kind of goofy to watch. Reminds me of the UFC guy on the commercial that makes the grand entrance into the octogon, and gets knocked out with the first punch.03-lmfao

RE: Can't wait for people to tell us that Clemson really wasn't that good - jaminandjachin - 10-20-2013 12:48 PM

(10-20-2013 12:46 PM)USAFMEDIC Wrote:  

Just a side note question... Did Clemson also leave on those silly buses? That was kind of goofy to watch. Reminds me of the UFC guy on the commercial that makes the grand entrance into the octogon, and gets knocked out with the first punch.03-lmfao

I think Clemson left the stadium on a stretcher.

RE: Can't wait for people to tell us that Clemson really wasn't that good - brista21 - 10-20-2013 12:49 PM

Clemson is a very good team. But the win over Georgia looks less impressive as time goes by. Florida State on the other hand is the team that could finally dethrone Bama.

RE: Can't wait for people to tell us that Clemson really wasn't that good - jaminandjachin - 10-20-2013 12:50 PM

(10-20-2013 12:46 PM)He1nousOne Wrote:  

If Clemson's excuse is that they had an off night then they aren't as good as the polls show because if you are ranked #3 and your conference arch rival rolls into town ranked as #5 AND you "have an off night" then your team really isn't that good after all.

You don't have an off night in this situation at home! They were beat down physically and mentally.

Everyone has an off night. You just have to hope the team you play doesn't make you pay for it. Well FSU made Clemson pay for it and them some.

RE: Can't wait for people to tell us that Clemson really wasn't that good - jaminandjachin - 10-20-2013 12:51 PM

(10-20-2013 12:49 PM)brista21 Wrote:  Clemson is a very good team. But the win over Georgia looks less impressive as time goes by. Florida State on the other hand is the team that could finally dethrone Bama.

Actually I think the opposite. Clemson beat them when they were at full strength. No one else has.

RE: Can't wait for people to tell us that Clemson really wasn't that good - He1nousOne - 10-20-2013 12:51 PM

(10-20-2013 12:50 PM)jaminandjachin Wrote:  
(10-20-2013 12:46 PM)He1nousOne Wrote:  

Everyone has an off night. You just have to hope the team you play doesn't make you pay for it. Well FSU made Clemson pay for it and them some.

I don't think anybody, including Clemson, knew just how good this FSU team was. Now everyone knows, unfortunately it is too late for Clemson.

RE: Can't wait for people to tell us that Clemson really wasn't that good - bitcruncher - 10-20-2013 01:03 PM

(10-20-2013 12:51 PM)jaminandjachin Wrote:  
(10-20-2013 12:49 PM)brista21 Wrote:  Clemson is a very good team. But the win over Georgia looks less impressive as time goes by. Florida State on the other hand is the team that could finally dethrone Bama.
Actually I think the opposite. Clemson beat them when they were at full strength. No one else has.
The polls and computers don't take that into account. All they consider is wins and losses, including the wins and losses of their opponents. Who is on the field at the time isn't a factor. Only the wins and losses count...

RE: Can't wait for people to tell us that Clemson really wasn't that good - 49RFootballNow - 10-20-2013 01:07 PM

That was exactly the type of game I expect to see every time two top five ranked ACC teams play football together.

RE: Can't wait for people to tell us that Clemson really wasn't that good - Wolfman - 10-20-2013 01:27 PM

I'm not sure which buses you are referring to but, the locker rooms are in the south end at field level. They bus the team to the north end at ground level so they can get the whole team there in a timely manner for the "touching of the rock." Otherwise they just go straight from the field to the locker rooms.

RE: Can't wait for people to tell us that Clemson really wasn't that good - lumberpack4 - 10-20-2013 03:49 PM

(10-20-2013 01:27 PM)Wolfman Wrote:  

I'm not sure which buses you are referring to but, the locker rooms are in the south end at field level. They bus the team to the north end at ground level so they can get the whole team there in a timely manner for the "touching of the rock." Otherwise they just go straight from the field to the locker rooms.

This is the best FSU team in 20 years. They have a true winner at QB. Anytime you have a natural winner/leader at QB, you are tough to beat. FSU also has upgraded the defense. FSU made a good Clemson team look bad.

RE: Can't wait for people to tell us that Clemson really wasn't that good - bitcruncher - 10-20-2013 03:59 PM

(10-20-2013 03:49 PM)lumberpack4 Wrote:  
(10-20-2013 01:27 PM)Wolfman Wrote:  
This is the best FSU team in 20 years. They have a true winner at QB. Anytime you have a natural winner/leader at QB, you are tough to beat. FSU also has upgraded the defense. FSU made a good Clemson team look bad.
It's not the first time that's happened to Clemson... 07-coffee3

RE: Can't wait for people to tell us that Clemson really wasn't that good - Captain Bearcat - 10-20-2013 04:07 PM

(10-20-2013 12:39 PM)He1nousOne Wrote:  Clemson beat Georgia and that Georgia team was healthy. Clemson is a very strong team. Florida State is just that damn good. They went into Clemson and dismantled them.

In my opinion that Florida State team is the one that should face off with Alabama if Alabama runs the table.

Clemson does need to make an example of Maryland next week though. It is an ESPN televised game in the middle of the afternoon.

Maryland needs to do their future conference a favor and take down Clemson so that the marginalizing can happen. I think Clemson is going to come to town with the mindset of absolutely pillaging that Maryland team. Poor, poor Terps.

In my mind right now, it should be Oregon, FSU, Bama. In that order. Bama has more of a chance to impress from here on out than FSU does. But Oregon has easily the hardest schedule of the 3 teams, and they've destroyed all comers.

RE: Can't wait for people to tell us that Clemson really wasn't that good - sierrajip - 10-20-2013 04:08 PM

FSU is really powerful, but it isn't the Clemson game will show this, it will be the NC St game. As has been mentioned in another thread, NC St has been a thorn in the foot to FSU in prior years also. Everyone will be filling their heads of grandeur, and a redshirt freshman QB, even being the best I have seen in FSU, how they handle it will be the real test.

RE: Can't wait for people to tell us that Clemson really wasn't that good - AngryAphid - 10-20-2013 06:25 PM

(10-20-2013 12:51 PM)jaminandjachin Wrote:  

Bulldog injuries are from the offensive side of the ball.

That Georgia defense was a paper tiger from day one.