CSNbbs
Time to right the ship - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Toledo (/forum-479.html)
+----- Thread: Time to right the ship (/thread-651842.html)

Time to right the ship - nickthequick - 09-28-2013 10:23 PM

One conference loss does not sink the ship, the season still has not taken a stern for the worse. We've all seen shipwreck seasons, and this isn't one yet. This isn't the time to make Owens walk the plank, oar fan base needs to get behind this team to keep it buoyant. All this talk of a losing season and dropping coaches is rudder nonsense, things will pick right back up after we sink Western.

Row the Boat

RE: Time to right the ship - MidnightBlueGold - 09-28-2013 10:41 PM

[Image: what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg]

But in all seriousness, the season is nowhere near over. We can still win out, NIU beat BSU, then that would be a 3 way tie worse.

RE: Time to right the ship - DSV27 - 09-28-2013 10:54 PM

(09-28-2013 10:41 PM)MidnightBlueGold Wrote:  [Image: what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg]

But in all seriousness, the season is nowhere near over. We can still win out, NIU beat BSU, then that would be a 3 way tie worse.

What makes anyone think we can beat NIU?

RE: Time to right the ship - MidnightBlueGold - 09-28-2013 10:59 PM

(09-28-2013 10:54 PM)DSV27 Wrote:  What makes anyone think we can beat NIU?

Because we have the talent. We have a good defense. NIU's D is nothing special (giving up 500 yds/gm). And most importantly, I believe in this team, unlike most people here.

RE: Time to right the ship - tolfbfan - 09-28-2013 11:22 PM

I believe this team could be very good, but I also believe there are a few important players who look in the mirror and see a vision of a great player, rather than one of a great teammate.

RE: Time to right the ship - H2Oville Rocket - 09-29-2013 08:21 AM

(09-28-2013 10:23 PM)nickthequick Wrote:  One conference loss does not sink the ship, the season still has not taken a stern for the worse. We've all seen shipwreck seasons, and this isn't one yet. This isn't the time to make Owens walk the plank, oar fan base needs to get behind this team to keep it buoyant. All this talk of a losing season and dropping coaches is rudder nonsense, things will pick right back up after we sink Western.

Row the Boat

You have come far, Grasshopper! 04-bow

RE: Time to right the ship - FMRocket - 09-29-2013 09:52 AM

(09-28-2013 10:23 PM)nickthequick Wrote:  One conference loss does not sink the ship, the season still has not taken a stern for the worse. We've all seen shipwreck seasons, and this isn't one yet. This isn't the time to make Owens walk the plank, oar fan base needs to get behind this team to keep it buoyant. All this talk of a losing season and dropping coaches is rudder nonsense, things will pick right back up after we sink Western.

Row the Boat

NICE !!! 04-bow04-bow04-bow
Knew you had it in ya... - Now, if we can only get Terry to sing the chorus at halftime next week...

RE: Time to right the ship - owen - 09-29-2013 11:25 AM

Row the Boat

Surprisingly little discussion of Terrence Owens actually. No one suggested he walk the plank.
He is who he is. I think he has peaked as a QB and his natural strong arm talent will never lead him to being one of the conference's elite talents.
But he is the Rockets QB of 2013 and the team will win a few more games.
Then he'll be gone.
Then the QB position will be open, just like every season an estblished senior graduates.

Western Michigan is really struggling. QB Alex Carder is hard to replace. And PJ Fleck was a good player...I hear he got into coaching and is a head coach someplace now.

RE: Time to right the ship - owen - 09-29-2013 11:29 AM

(09-28-2013 10:59 PM)MidnightBlueGold Wrote:  
(09-28-2013 10:54 PM)DSV27 Wrote:  What makes anyone think we can beat NIU?

Because we have the talent. We have a good defense. NIU's D is nothing special (giving up 500 yds/gm). And most importantly, I believe in this team, unlike most people here.

I believe on any given day anyody can defeat anyone else.

But i think there is a difficult road ahead.