CSNbbs
UT board of trustees approves $5.35 million for Larimar expansion and renovation - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Toledo (/forum-479.html)
+----- Thread: UT board of trustees approves $5.35 million for Larimar expansion and renovation (/thread-649950.html)

Pages: 1 2

UT board of trustees approves $5.35 million for Larimar expansion and renovation - tampabayrocketfan - 09-17-2013 02:26 AM

The news is in the blade. Fund raising is underway, but the board approved a bridge loan to get the project going. Hopefully they release the renderings soon because the building is going to be really nice! I would not be surprised to see construction start right away.

RE: UT board of trustees approves $5.35 million for Larimar expansion and renovation - DetroitRocket - 09-17-2013 08:43 AM

(09-17-2013 02:26 AM)tampabayrocketfan Wrote:  The news is in the blade. Fund raising is underway, but the board approved a bridge loan to get the project going. Hopefully they release the renderings soon because the building is going to be really nice! I would not be surprised to see construction start right away.

Should be ready by next season.
[Image: glassbowl.jpg]

RE: UT board of trustees approves $5.35 million for Larimar expansion and renovation - indianasniff - 09-17-2013 10:21 AM

Yippee

RE: UT board of trustees approves $5.35 million for Larimar expansion and renovation - eastisbest - 09-17-2013 03:08 PM

Expansion.

Not just renovation. Should be interesting but does 5 million go very far? The Alum patio cost 1 million. How much was Savage?

RE: UT board of trustees approves $5.35 million for Larimar expansion and renovation - SylvaniaRocket - 09-17-2013 03:16 PM

(09-17-2013 03:08 PM)eastisbest Wrote:  Expansion.

Not just renovation. Should be interesting but does 5 million go very far? The Alum patio cost 1 million. How much was Savage?

Savage was 30+ million.

RE: UT board of trustees approves $5.35 million for Larimar expansion and renovation - letsgoblue - 09-17-2013 05:04 PM

(09-17-2013 08:43 AM)DetroitRocket Wrote:  
(09-17-2013 02:26 AM)tampabayrocketfan Wrote:  The news is in the blade. Fund raising is underway, but the board approved a bridge loan to get the project going. Hopefully they release the renderings soon because the building is going to be really nice! I would not be surprised to see construction start right away.

Love the above picture. But what would it look like if:
UT renovated and continued with the East stands around the south end zone and connect them with the west stands. Make the entire new area look and feel like the underneath area of the west side. How much would that cost and where would that take Rocket Football.

RE: UT board of trustees approves $5.35 million for Larimar expansion and renovation - eastisbest - 09-17-2013 06:06 PM

(09-17-2013 05:04 PM)letsgoblue Wrote:  

Love the above picture. But what would it look like if:
UT renovated and continued with the East stands around the south end zone and connect them with the west stands. Make the entire new area look and feel like the underneath area of the west side. How much would that cost and where would that take Rocket Football.

The westside isn't exactly Shangri-la.

RE: UT board of trustees approves $5.35 million for Larimar expansion and renovation - FMRocket - 09-17-2013 07:13 PM

With a construction window of 8-9 months, contractors would have to be off the job site by late August to get the coaching staff moved in... Talking to a UT athletic official a couple weeks ago, he stated that end zone seating will not be incorporated into the Larimer facility, but that the finished product would be first class...

RE: UT board of trustees approves $5.35 million for Larimar expansion and renovation - DetroitRocket - 09-17-2013 08:00 PM

(09-17-2013 07:13 PM)FMRocket Wrote:  

With a construction window of 8-9 months, contractors would have to be off the job site by late August to get the coaching staff moved in... Talking to a UT athletic official a couple weeks ago, he stated that end zone seating will not be incorporated into the Larimer facility, but that the finished product would be first class...

There's no room for end-zone seating. The distance from the back of the end-zone to the Larimer south wall is 25 feet max.

RE: UT board of trustees approves $5.35 million for Larimar expansion and renovation - eastisbest - 09-17-2013 08:14 PM

(09-17-2013 08:00 PM)DetroitRocket Wrote:  
(09-17-2013 07:13 PM)FMRocket Wrote:  

There's no room for end-zone seating. The distance from the back of the end-zone to the Larimer south wall is 25 feet max.

Put a "private" clubhouse on top of Larimer and it will pay for itself and more.

RE: UT board of trustees approves $5.35 million for Larimar expansion and renovation - rocket 51 - 09-18-2013 08:38 AM

$5 M will buy more than you think. Cant wait to see the finished product!

RE: UT board of trustees approves $5.35 million for Larimar expansion and renovation - SeniorBearcat - 09-18-2013 08:53 AM

(09-18-2013 08:38 AM)rocket 51 Wrote:  $5 M will buy more than you think. Cant wait to see the finished product!

The Fetterman Training Center cost between 9-10 million...I think 5 million for renovations of Larimar will be outstanding. Larimar facility is an important building for young recruits to see and updating it is a priority.

RE: UT board of trustees approves $5.35 million for Larimar expansion and renovation - NewMex RocketFan - 09-18-2013 10:35 AM

My wife and I are looking forward to the completion of the renovations. We made a bit of a donation and will have our names on one of the tutoring rooms. We're very proud of the Rockets' athletic history and especially the overall GPA of UT athletes and the 3.02 GPA of the football team. We hope we play a small role in maintaining the academic success.

RE: UT board of trustees approves $5.35 million for Larimar expansion and renovation - toledo1 - 09-18-2013 11:00 AM

(09-18-2013 10:35 AM)NewMex RocketFan Wrote:  My wife and I are looking forward to the completion of the renovations. We made a bit of a donation and will have our names on one of the tutoring rooms. We're very proud of the Rockets' athletic history and especially the overall GPA of UT athletes and the 3.02 GPA of the football team. We hope we play a small role in maintaining the academic success.

Thanks, people like you make a huge difference.

RE: UT board of trustees approves $5.35 million for Larimar expansion and renovation - UofToledoFans - 09-18-2013 11:05 AM

I bet they'll get rid of the patio and extend to the outside of the base of the building. Do some makeover on the outside. Add some glass like BG's. Inside a new team room, weight room, cafeteria, study room, coaches rooms, locker rooms etc.

RE: UT board of trustees approves $5.35 million for Larimar expansion and renovation - DetroitRocket - 09-18-2013 11:18 AM

(09-18-2013 11:05 AM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  I bet they'll get rid of the patio and extend to the outside of the base of the building. Do some makeover on the outside. Add some glass like BG's. Inside a new team room, weight room, cafeteria, study room, coaches rooms, locker rooms etc.

The project will include the renovation and expansion of the
facility, and associated site improvements. Improvements
will focus on the weight room, locker room, position meeting
rooms, sports medicine area, coaches’ offices and meeting
rooms, academic center, team dining area, and building
entry/lobby/display area.

RE: UT board of trustees approves $5.35 million for Larimar expansion and renovation - PTLROCK - 09-18-2013 03:29 PM

(09-18-2013 11:00 AM)toledo1 Wrote:  
(09-18-2013 10:35 AM)NewMex RocketFan Wrote:  My wife and I are looking forward to the completion of the renovations. We made a bit of a donation and will have our names on one of the tutoring rooms. We're very proud of the Rockets' athletic history and especially the overall GPA of UT athletes and the 3.02 GPA of the football team. We hope we play a small role in maintaining the academic success.

Thanks, people like you make a huge difference.

My exact sentiments. Thanks New Mex!! 04-cheers

Go Rockets!!

RE: UT board of trustees approves $5.35 million for Larimar expansion and renovation - tolfbfan - 09-18-2013 09:14 PM

Thanks to anyone who was able to help on this project. I know the staff and players are excited about it. I'm sure this program will use it effectively in any way they can.

RE: UT board of trustees approves $5.35 million for Larimar expansion and renovation - crusher38 - 09-18-2013 09:31 PM

this photo shows how much room UT has to work with if toledo ever stays at the next level. that stadium could be huge

RE: UT board of trustees approves $5.35 million for Larimar expansion and renovation - Terry - 09-19-2013 09:25 AM

When The Glass Bowl was renovated in 1990. It was designed to go to 50,000+ seats. The current upper deck on the east side is "temporary". The "new" upper deck is to go from the east Blockhouse and wrap around to the Press Tower. Also, 2nd deck goes above the upper deck the length of the field from one end zone to the other end zone.

An archetects sketch was either on the front page of "a formerly great america newspaper" or "The Collegian".

Now, I believe the a good plan would be to build inside/outside suites like 5/3 Field above the lower deck all the way around. Then build an upper deck over the suites. And add proper facilities for the upper deck on that level....