CSNbbs
Is Holgorsen getting near to bing on the hot seat? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Big12bbs (/forum-260.html)
+---- Forum: Big 12 Conference Talk (/forum-188.html)
+---- Thread: Is Holgorsen getting near to bing on the hot seat? (/thread-648603.html)

Pages: 1 2

Is Holgorsen getting near to bing on the hot seat? - Wilkie01 - 09-08-2013 11:07 PM

What do you guys think? 05-stirthepot

RE: Is Holgorsen getting near to bing on the hot seat? - Otacon - 09-09-2013 04:47 AM

Uh, no. He's not doing that bad of a job. If we ever get the offense and the defense to be good in the same year....Look out.

Besides, this is only his third year. He deserves the chance to see what he can do. I can only see good things with him. 02-13-banana

RE: Is Holgorsen getting near to bing on the hot seat? - vinman3 - 09-09-2013 06:34 AM

(09-09-2013 04:47 AM)Otacon Wrote:  Uh, no. He's not doing that bad of a job. If we ever get the offense and the defense to be good in the same year....Look out.

Besides, this is only his third year. He deserves the chance to see what he can do. I can only see good things with him. 02-13-banana

I agree. I think the seat doesn't start warming up until end of next season if things are not moving forward. But I think things are moving forward, and will continue, so he will be safe.

RE: Is Holgorsen getting near to bing on the hot seat? - Wilkie01 - 09-09-2013 07:05 AM

Well, the reason I asked is Stewart left a bunch of good players at West Virginia. From an outsider, it looks like Holgorsen's roster is not as well stocked. I am sure time will answer this. 04-cheers

RE: Is Holgorsen getting near to bing on the hot seat? - bitcruncher - 09-09-2013 09:07 AM

Actually, WVU has the kind of depth we've never had before. A key injury won't derail this team, and we get almost everyone back next season...

All that's lacking is settling the QB position, so defenses aren't keying on the run...

RE: Is Holgorsen getting near to bing on the hot seat? - Wilkie01 - 09-10-2013 03:47 PM

Who is going to be your QB?

RE: Is Holgorsen getting near to bing on the hot seat? - bitcruncher - 09-10-2013 04:44 PM

Good question...

RE: Is Holgorsen getting near to bing on the hot seat? - Wilkie01 - 10-06-2013 09:21 AM

Damn Bit, Holgorsen is your Steve kargthorpe, dude! He sucks, buddy! 07-coffee3

RE: Is Holgorsen getting near to bing on the hot seat? - bitcruncher - 10-06-2013 06:05 PM

I seriously doubt that, Wilkie. Baylor had experience across the board, speed to burn, and everyone on their team was well disciplined in their techniques. WVU had a starting QB who had only been working with this offense, which was totally outside anything he knew before, and had only been on campus for a couple of months, an offensive line dealing with a new coach teaching them new techniques, while replacing the entire middle of the O-line, and a team composed mostly of freshmen and sophomores...

We got our butts kicked by a more experienced team in this offense, running it at a breakneck pace. Their defense had as much speed as their offense. IMO Baylor might have the most explosive offense ever fielded by a college football team. They've averaged over 70 through their first 4 games, which has NEVER been done before by any college team...

I think you will see what I mean on November 7th, when Baylor plays Oklahoma. IMO that will be for the B12 Championship, and I doubt the Sooners will fare much better than WVU did in stopping their offense...

RE: Is Holgorsen getting near to bing on the hot seat? - Wilkie01 - 10-08-2013 11:16 PM

RE: Is Holgorsen getting near to bing on the hot seat? - Wilkie01 - 10-29-2013 01:22 PM

Well, West VA has only won three games, it appears old Dana is guiding you to a losing season. 07-coffee3

RE: Is Holgorsen getting near to bing on the hot seat? - Otacon - 10-29-2013 08:41 PM

Thank you, Captain Obvious.

RE: Is Holgorsen getting near to bing on the hot seat? - BewareThePhog - 10-30-2013 11:08 AM

I've heard a rumor from a plausible source that Chuck Weis may be on the hot seat in Lawrence, although that same source was wrong on the last coaching search so I take it with a somewhat large grain of salt.

RE: Is Holgorsen getting near to bing on the hot seat? - Wilkie01 - 11-01-2013 06:49 AM

Chuck Weis should only be a position coach. 07-coffee3

RE: Is Holgorsen getting near to bing on the hot seat? - Wilkie01 - 11-17-2013 02:01 PM

Losing to Kansas, Bit you know deep down inside your heart that is time to can Dana Holgorsen! 07-coffee3

RE: Is Holgorsen getting near to bing on the hot seat? - grapes - 12-02-2013 01:17 AM

why is this board so dead o_0

RE: Is Holgorsen getting near to bing on the hot seat? - bitcruncher - 12-03-2013 04:15 PM

Wilkie, Holgorsen is going nowhere. It would cost WVU $11.4 million to get rid of him, and another hefty chunk of change to pay off the assistants. After the $20 million spent to exit the Big East early, there just isn't any desire to spend that kind of money again.

Besides, I don't think he's a bad coach. Although he has shown his inexperience at times. But he's bringing in better overall talent with his recruiting than we've ever had. The leaders for WVU are all freshmen, redshirt freshmen, and sophomores, with a sprinkling of juco transfers. There's almost no junior or senior leadership on the team, which is what you would normally expect. Of the 14 seniors graduating this season, many are juco transfers brought in by Holgorsen. Bill Stewart's remaining recruits either aren't talented enough to play, or are mostly no longer around. Not one of Stew's recruiting classes had over 50% retention. He never recruited a full class once, preferring to keep scholarships available to award to walk-ons.

WVU will be just fine in due time.

RE: Is Holgorsen getting near to bing on the hot seat? - Wilkie01 - 12-04-2013 12:00 AM

Well, no time for bowl practice, so it will be spring practice and then right into the teeth of 2014 season. Only time will answer, if can turn it around. 07-coffee3

RE: Is Holgorsen getting near to bing on the hot seat? - Jackson1011 - 06-03-2014 09:45 PM

I think its fair to say that the seat is warm but not hot. Dana had two problems last year: horrible QB play and injuries on defense. If we are being fair, we also need to say that Bill Stewart's recruiting classes after Doc holiday went to Marshall were a joke. Stewart took some chances on kids that were academically questionable and just missed on a lot of kids. Dana should get two more years, but if this year is a disaster the natives will be restless

Jackson

RE: Is Holgorsen getting near to bing on the hot seat? - bitcruncher - 06-04-2014 09:38 AM

IMO the job that Holgorsen is doing on the recruiting trail will allow him at least one more year to get WVU back on track.