CSNbbs
Fire Fleck - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Western Michigan (/forum-469.html)
+------ Forum: The Dan Burgardt Memorial Bronco Football Forum (/forum-489.html)
+------ Thread: Fire Fleck (/thread-648369.html)

RE: Fire Fleck - DrDavis - 12-19-2013 03:26 PM

We are stuck with him whether we like it or not. I am choosing to be optimistic.

RTB#
WTF#

RE: Fire Fleck - Broncobelt - 12-19-2013 03:36 PM

^I was until the Nichols game. Been downhill ever since.

RE: Fire Fleck - Dirty Ernie - 12-19-2013 04:43 PM

Been downhill since the euphoria of 1999-2000. Those were the days.

RE: Fire Fleck - Ubish - 12-19-2013 05:10 PM

(12-19-2013 04:43 PM)Dirty Ernie Wrote:  Been downhill since the euphoria of 1999-2000. Those were the days.

Those were my freshman / soph years.... I thought the party would never end......

03-weeping

RE: Fire Fleck - MajorHoople - 12-19-2013 06:02 PM

Fleck has to prove his coaching ability this next year, not what he can do PR or even recruiting.

Other wise, the last two won't matter.

RE: Fire Fleck - Kimbosucks - 12-19-2013 06:23 PM

(12-19-2013 05:10 PM)Ubish Wrote:  
(12-19-2013 04:43 PM)Dirty Ernie Wrote:  Been downhill since the euphoria of 1999-2000. Those were the days.

Those were my freshman / soph years.... I thought the party would never end......

03-weeping

Didn't I have the police dump your buddies beer out one year when they took my wife's 4 beers? I did bring the kid a case the next week just for the record.

RE: Fire Fleck - WheresWaldo42 - 12-20-2013 11:38 AM

(12-19-2013 02:53 PM)BandBronco13 Wrote:  
(12-19-2013 02:39 PM)WheresWaldo42 Wrote:  Why? What 1 thing makes you honestly think that?

Recruiting

Recruiting is your answer?

Here is my response. The much hyped and touted recruiting class from 3 months ago that I believe was 29th in the nation is now 51st. yes its still allegedly tops in the MAC, but it continues to fall to about where a MAC school should be as the REAL recruits sign with the bigger schools and those classes filter in ahead of our beloved fighting PJs.

If you are hanging your hat on this recruiting class to turn things around next year or even the following year you are sadly mistaken. Yes, every class is going to have a Jamie Wilson or Corey Davis that will step up and surprise with his abilities as a freshman. But for every 1 of those guys there are 15-18 others that will never see the field in the next 2 seasons. And another 10 that wont even make it through 2 seasons. So we are 3 seasons away from this vaunted class to make an actual impact.

Finally, PJ and his coaching staff haven't given much to show that they are able to coach and develop players. Can we honestly say that the team improved in any aspect last season? I guess, they were actually competitive a few times in the final month or so, but they were also playing the other doormats of the conference. So they should actually compete a bit.

In talking with a few people last night they reminded me that the selling point in recruiting to a 1-11 program is that you can promise kids playing time right away. So lets hope that PJ continues to be able to find some diamonds that want to come and play. And more importantly lets hope he can actually develop a handful of these kids into quality players.

As someone also stated previously, he isn't going anywhere so we might as well get used to it. In my mind we have taken multiple steps back hoping for 1 giant step forward. Unfortunately, I just don't see it. And we will be in the same boat as last year in a few years looking for another coach to take an insignificant football program over.

RE: Fire Fleck - BandBronco13 - 12-20-2013 12:04 PM

I mean you can look at it two ways:
1) Recruiting is a crap shoot, it means very little and there's no hope, or...
2) It has the potential to be one of the best recruiting classes in MAC history and there's some hope there for potential down the road.

Nothing particularly wrong with either view I guess, but I chose the ladder.

RE: Fire Fleck - Stampede your face!! - 12-20-2013 01:07 PM

(12-20-2013 12:04 PM)BandBronco13 Wrote:  I mean you can look at it two ways:
2) It has the potential to be one of the best recruiting classes in MAC history and there's some hope there for potential down the road.

I know you're newer here so let me help...you are on the wrong message board my friend if you expect any optimism from more than a few in this group...especially when it comes to anything involving PJ Fleck.

But, personally, I like your style.

RE: Fire Fleck - Hiller4Hyz09 - 12-20-2013 01:09 PM

(12-20-2013 12:04 PM)BandBronco13 Wrote:  I mean you can look at it two ways:
3) A free ladder is better than both.

Nice choice!!

RE: Fire Fleck - thegeneral - 12-20-2013 02:20 PM

The ladder can help you reach new heights!

RE: Fire Fleck - DesertBronco - 12-20-2013 03:26 PM

Don't walk under it though.

RE: Fire Fleck - Kimbosucks - 12-22-2013 09:39 PM

He should be fired for the pay article I just read on bronco blitz. Makes it sound like he walked into a barn fire. Never read an interview were someone poor me's themselves so much, throws players under the bus while he is saying he it is all his fault and we are all negative because we don't understand. Embarrassing.

RE: Fire Fleck - DesertBronco - 12-22-2013 09:52 PM

What surprises me is that you're surprised. He's hinted at that all along.

Edit: It must be bad then…..

RE: Fire Fleck - DesertBronco - 12-22-2013 10:12 PM

Maybe I don't feel so bad that he looks miserable and alone around town now if that's how he's going to roll.

RE: Fire Fleck - BandBronco13 - 12-22-2013 10:16 PM

I'm not defending all of Fleck's comments... But considering what I've heard from former players and friends/girlfriends of former players, there are some things that happened under the previous regime that I think we will never hear about. I've heard bits and pieces... and the small bits and pieces that I've heard are enough for me to understand some of Fleck's comments.

RE: Fire Fleck - Kimbosucks - 12-22-2013 10:17 PM

Just a very negative interview. Makes people associated to WMU look like a bunch of morons whether that was his intention or not I don't know. Seems like he wants you to feel sorry for him at the same time letting us know he is the savior we have been waiting for.

RE: Fire Fleck - Kimbosucks - 12-22-2013 10:21 PM

(12-22-2013 10:16 PM)BandBronco13 Wrote:  I'm not defending all of Fleck's comments... But considering what I've heard from former players and friends/girlfriends of former players, there are some things that happened under the previous regime that I think we will never hear about. I've heard bits and pieces... and the small bits and pieces that I've heard are enough for me to understand some of Fleck's comments.

I played for the last coach to win a championship here and he was run out of town by an idiot president and set Darnell up to win. My experience with the football program has always been great and I would do it all over again. You will always have negative stories that come out because not everyone does what they need to do to make themselves needes. I have no idea what happened behind the scenes with cubit but the players I knew didn't have a bad thing to say.

RE: Fire Fleck - DesertBronco - 12-22-2013 11:22 PM

(12-22-2013 10:16 PM)BandBronco13 Wrote:  I'm not defending all of Fleck's comments... But considering what I've heard from former players and friends/girlfriends of former players, there are some things that happened under the previous regime that I think we will never hear about. I've heard bits and pieces... and the small bits and pieces that I've heard are enough for me to understand some of Fleck's comments.

So nothing is coming out of this "regime" from anyone this year? Because people aren't stooping as low as you and intimating this stuff here doesn't mean there's not material.

I have heard a few whoppers myself.

RE: Fire Fleck - DesertBronco - 12-22-2013 11:27 PM

(12-22-2013 10:17 PM)Kimbosucks Wrote:  Just a very negative interview. Makes people associated to WMU look like a bunch of morons whether that was his intention or not I don't know. Seems like he wants you to feel sorry for him at the same time letting us know he is the savior we have been waiting for.

He seems to be trying to set himself up as a "martyr type".