CSNbbs
Charlotte - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt East Team Talk (/forum-289.html)
+----- Forum: James Madison (/forum-685.html)
+----- Thread: Charlotte (/thread-647339.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Charlotte - Dukie95 - 09-02-2013 07:26 AM

In their program's first game, they beat lowly Campbell 52-7. Campbell is terrible, but was a little surprised by the laugher score.

For some context, in their first season, ODU beat Campbell 28-17. Last year, ODU beat Campbell 70-14.

Not worried about Charlotte yet, but clearly, they're doing something right over there.

RE: Charlotte - South Carolina Duke - 09-02-2013 09:47 AM

Hello...its Campbell! A high school team could beat them. But congrats to UNCC.

Charlotte - Potomac - 09-02-2013 10:25 AM

Yep. Congrats to Charlotte for a convincing win against a bad team, like they should. They had a 16k crowd and a sellout.
But... It's Campbell. That's like someone oooing and ahhhing because we beat st Francis.

RE: Charlotte - BleedingPurple - 09-02-2013 10:27 AM

I would expect Charlotte to play us a little reckless while taking a lot of risks in their play calling. We will have them out manned, for sure, but their coach is wanting to make a statement.

RE: Charlotte - DoubleDDuke - 09-02-2013 10:55 AM

A little OT, but remember when we beat USF pretty easily when they first started? Then, in the '08 season (I believe) they were #3 in the nation at FBS. Then they fired their coach for touching a player in the throat or something. Then, I'm watching Sports Center the other day and McNeese was just crushing them at home. What a whirlwind of a program. I wonder what this board would be like if we had gone through something like that.

RE: Charlotte - BleedingPurple - 09-02-2013 01:41 PM

(09-02-2013 10:55 AM)DoubleDDuke Wrote:  A little OT, but remember when we beat USF pretty easily when they first started? Then, in the '08 season (I believe) they were #3 in the nation at FBS. Then they fired their coach for touching a player in the throat or something. Then, I'm watching Sports Center the other day and McNeese was just crushing them at home. What a whirlwind of a program. I wonder what this board would be like if we had gone through something like that.

That was a very busy time in my life, but I do remember everything you have brought up about USF, but didn't know what sank the program. Isn't that where Holtz is now?

RE: Charlotte - Dukester - 09-02-2013 04:19 PM

I'm not taking them as lightly as others. I expect to win, but not as easily as two of our other home games. I think they are on the fast track & ramping up quickly to be competitive.

Recruiting strategy can get you competitive pretty quickly if you're willing to take some risks.....

I don't know if they are taking risky recruits, but if they do and get it to work....

RE: Charlotte - KickItToScotty - 09-02-2013 04:41 PM

(09-02-2013 10:55 AM)DoubleDDuke Wrote:  A little OT, but remember when we beat USF pretty easily when they first started? Then, in the '08 season (I believe) they were #3 in the nation at FBS. Then they fired their coach for touching a player in the throat or something. Then, I'm watching Sports Center the other day and McNeese was just crushing them at home. What a whirlwind of a program. I wonder what this board would be like if we had gone through something like that.

I was thinking about that too when they were losing to McNeese. I was like man, I remember when they were getting to be pretty legit and I was making fun of FSU and Miami for getting passed by USF and saying that FSU wasn't even "Florida's Second University" anymore.

RE: Charlotte - All Dukes_All Day - 09-02-2013 05:09 PM

(09-02-2013 10:27 AM)BleedingPurple Wrote:  I would expect Charlotte to play us a little reckless while taking a lot of risks in their play calling. We will have them out manned, for sure, but their coach is wanting to make a statement.

So true. They will have NOTHING to lose. Like literally...they aren't playing for jack.

RE: Charlotte - TheDudeWithTheJMUTat - 09-02-2013 05:14 PM

On a somewhat unrelated but somewhat related note, Charlotte fans have a double digit thread going on their message boards about what traditions they should create for their football program lol. I wasn't aware that traditions were created with the intention of becoming traditions.

RE: Charlotte - ODUalum78 - 09-02-2013 05:16 PM

(09-02-2013 04:19 PM)Dukester Wrote:  I'm not taking them as lightly as others. I expect to win, but not as easily as two of our other home games. I think they are on the fast track & ramping up quickly to be competitive.

Recruiting strategy can get you competitive pretty quickly if you're willing to take some risks.....

I don't know if they are taking risky recruits, but if they do and get it to work....

Remember; although UNCC is classified FCS transitional this year and until next year has only 63 schollies, it has been able to recruit as FBS. from day one.

I would think that that makes a difference, probably significant, vs playing a startup FCS program that recruited as FCS.

RE: Charlotte - HyperDuke - 09-02-2013 05:20 PM

Remember, no one wants you here. Scram.

RE: Charlotte - All Dukes_All Day - 09-02-2013 05:31 PM

(09-02-2013 05:20 PM)HyperDuke Wrote:  Remember, no one wants you here. Scram.

This.

RE: Charlotte - TheDudeWithTheJMUTat - 09-02-2013 05:32 PM

(09-02-2013 05:16 PM)ODUalum78 Wrote:  
(09-02-2013 04:19 PM)Dukester Wrote:  I'm not taking them as lightly as others. I expect to win, but not as easily as two of our other home games. I think they are on the fast track & ramping up quickly to be competitive.

Remember; although UNCC is classified FCS transitional this year and until next year has only 63 schollies, it has been able to recruit as FBS. from day one.

I would think that that makes a difference, probably significant, vs playing a startup FCS program that recruited as FCS.

(09-02-2013 05:20 PM)HyperDuke Wrote:  Remember, no one wants you here. Scram.

[Image: tumblr_m0zrd4H3sf1qm33b5o1_500.gif]

RE: Charlotte - TheDudeWithTheJMUTat - 09-02-2013 05:33 PM

[Image: tumblr_m696f3y7jZ1rvu0oto1_500.jpg]

Charlotte - Potomac - 09-02-2013 05:55 PM

I guess if I was winless against fbs, I'd be reading another team's thread about Charlotte too.

RE: Charlotte - BDKJMU - 09-02-2013 06:12 PM

(09-02-2013 10:25 AM)Potomac Wrote:  Yep. Congrats to Charlotte for a convincing win against a bad team, like they should. They had a 16k crowd and a sellout.
But... It's Campbell. That's like someone oooing and ahhhing because we beat st Francis.

STFU would roll Cambell. NEC is now at 40 schollies I believe. Pioneer is still at zero. Cambell, who went 1-10 last season, might be the worst Pioneer team, which means if there's 250 Division I teams, they might be #250. The Pioneer was 2-9 OOC last week, which included multiple Div III and NAIA. Pioneer might not get a single Div I OIC win this season...

ODUh could have put up 100 on Cambell last season if they wanted. UNCC beating Cambell 52-7 doesn't mean much....

RE: Charlotte - itGoesJMU - 09-02-2013 08:27 PM

(09-02-2013 05:55 PM)Potomac Wrote:  I guess if I was winless against fbs, I'd be reading another team's thread about Charlotte too.

And maybe still bitter about being dropped by Charlotte to play us and then having to go play Campbell...

But seriously though, this is a game that should be a good game for both teams. And being from NC, a lot of people I graduated high school with are at Charlotte right now and they've been bragging football ever since they got an offer from CUSA. Needless to say its one of the games I'm looking forward to the most this season.

RE: Charlotte - BleedingPurple - 09-02-2013 08:36 PM

To date, Charlotte has given out 45 scholarships. I don't know this to be factual, only that is what their fans are saying.

RE: Charlotte - JMUSuperfan2000 - 09-02-2013 08:59 PM

(09-02-2013 05:55 PM)Potomac Wrote:  I guess if I was winless against fbs, I'd be reading another team's thread about Charlotte too.

And yet they're somehow undefeated against us. Hmmmmmmm.

Mickey would be wise to point to our two losses to ODU as to how good a start up program can be in its first or second year playing in the lead up to the game against Charlotte.