CSNbbs
Ready for football season!!! - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SECbbs (/forum-285.html)
+---- Forum: SEC West Team Talk (/forum-238.html)
+----- Forum: Alabama (/forum-240.html)
+----- Thread: Ready for football season!!! (/thread-6460.html)

Pages: 1 2

- akuch - 06-27-2004 07:54 PM

damn, when will sept 4 get here!

04-cheers

- GDawgs88 - 06-28-2004 02:53 PM

Only 68 days! 04-cheers

- bama_jay - 06-28-2004 03:03 PM

Not soon enough

- akuch - 06-28-2004 03:14 PM

nice quotes jay. i love the one by copeland. i was at that game and loved every minute of it!! :D

- bama_jay - 06-29-2004 08:29 AM

Thanx! I bet you were much more comfortable there than we were at the SECCG that year (but no doubt worth it)

- akuch - 06-29-2004 11:42 PM

holy crap, the seccg game that year i almost froze my a** off. definitely one of the coldest bama games i've ever been too.

jay, did you graduate from bama and if so, when?

- bama_jay - 06-30-2004 11:11 AM

Yeppers! '98

In school there from fall of '95 to spring of '98. Lived in Burke West 1 year and the Pres house on 12th Av down from the Booth the other 2.

What about you?

- akuch - 06-30-2004 02:26 PM

yep, graduated in 97. lived in various apt all over town, but settled into a house by the practice field on11th street.

- bama_jay - 06-30-2004 03:57 PM

Right by the Jack's on Hackberry, huh?

See if you remember this:

It was spring of '96. Late one night (not sure exactly when) but about 2 in the morning , a small tornado or downburst or something hit right at the corner of 12th and Hackberry and ripped tree roots of a huge tree thru the sidewalk and several sets of concrete pipes. It aslo snapped the metal street sign on the corner there in half - which is where i scored my Hackberry street sign after the police finally took off.

- akuch - 06-30-2004 04:02 PM

awesome. i vaguely remember it. our house was one street from bryant drive and i think about 2 streets from jacks. i drove past it when i was in town for the ua/ou game and they have since built a deck on the front.

what was your major while there? funny if we knew some of the same people.

where are you now?

- bama_jay - 06-30-2004 04:33 PM

Mass Comm and Comp Science (so i spent most of my school time in Houser Hall Lab)

Were you familiar with the blue house (that's what everyone knew it as) on 7th av right across from the old guitar shop (between 12th and 11th) - big thursday and friday night parties often. That was my stompin' ground. There and the house on 12th street that looks at Tutweiller and the stadium (right near 10th street)

- akuch - 07-01-2004 12:29 AM

i was a fitness mgmt major so all my time was pretty much spent in moore hall. i did take mass comm (intro level), barely remember the building though.

as for your stomping grounds, i know the areas more than the specific houses. not far from my house at all. 5 min walk, maybe. it's funny how i long to be back in tusc, yet when i was there last fall (hadn't been there for a couple years prior), i realized that my longing was more for the memories i had there than the town. my heart will always beat for the university and athletics, but doubt i could ever actually live in that town again (unless married and settled down with kids, then maybe).

- bama_jay - 07-01-2004 10:22 AM

I'm from (and live now) in B'ham but Tuscaloosa has always felt like home to me as well. My dad comes from a large, close family and most live in Tuscaloosa so i've been going there all of my life for Christmas, Easter, birthdays and such. And when i was in school there, I felt perfectly at home.

How bout this for a flashback:

I know you have to remember the Ice storm of '96 - I was still living in Burke so i'm sure of the year. I've never seen anything like that before or since. The quad was essentially a big skating rink. Over at the blue house, we managed to get up a makeshift hockey game - no skates(just moving was a challenge), orange cone-pylons for goals and roller hockey sticks and pucks.

Damn i miss it there - especially watching the hotties jog on warm spring days out back of Tutweiller.

- akuch - 07-01-2004 03:16 PM

of course i remember that. it also snowed my freshman year, the day colin powell came to speak to the football team. i woke up to my roommate telling her mom (via phone) that is was snowing. i thought, what the h*ll (i grew up in MD with snow all the time), i thought i left this crap at home! that ice storm though was hilarious watching people try and drive in it. i was use to it and it didn't stop us from going out all weekend. :)

- CB13 - 07-03-2004 11:59 PM

Who do y'all will start at quarterback this year? Guillion or Croyle?

03-confused 03-confused 03-confused 03-confused 03-confused

- bama_jay - 07-06-2004 08:15 AM

It's Croyle's job to lose.

- akuch - 07-07-2004 12:24 PM

bama_jay Wrote:It's Croyle's job to lose.
agree 100%.

T minus 59 days and counting :)

- USMFAN#1 - 07-07-2004 01:29 PM

How do you guys expect the tide to do this year? i know you'll probably beat us because it seems to go that was most years, but i'm hoping my eagles can surprise a few teams...we have a rough start with nebraska, cal, and then you guys....
by the way, i live in huntsville, al and am surrounded by tide fans at work and home! my roomate is a c/o 2000 geography major from UA...

- bama_jay - 07-07-2004 02:10 PM

I expect at least 6 or 7 wins, but who knows - especially with our depth issue this year.

Ask you roomie if he knows a Dr. Wolfe in the Geography dept. I took a couple of geography classes and he was one of the best class instructors i've ever had. It's hard to make rocks and tectonics intersting, but he did.

I've been to my fair share of Bama/USM games and even a UAB/USM game so i know it's never an automatic.

- USMFAN#1 - 07-07-2004 02:30 PM

Yeah I dont know why we havent won more against you guys to be totally honest....i mean, is it depth or size of the O line maybe? Maybe alot of it is mental as well..i just dont know because we have some quality athletes...I'll give ya'll props though...and a ROLL TIDE for games against ole piss and moo u