CSNbbs
Josh Pastner Making Memphis Tigers Fans Forget About John Calipari - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Dockery-Finch Memorial Tiger Sports Forum (/forum-499.html)
+------ Thread: Josh Pastner Making Memphis Tigers Fans Forget About John Calipari (/thread-642824.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: Josh Pastner Making Memphis Tigers Fans Forget About John Calipari - TallTiger - 08-10-2013 04:49 AM

Yes, he cried on his front lawn...but he had laughed at the Lexington press conference to the Memphis reporter who reminded him of his "Memphis is the only place I want to be" quote. He's quite the actor.

I remember listening to his radio show BEFORE the Missouri game. He thanked people for being so nice to him during his time here and how things change, etc...I thought then, he sounds like he's leaving.

In early March, a salesman and big UK supporter announced to a local distributor that cal would be the next ky coach.

When you connect the dots, the evidence is there. I am glad when ky didn't make the tournament and though he happened to be in NYC the first week of the tournament, CBS or ESPN didn't call him to be their coach analyst. Sure that dinged his ego, maybe just a little, for 5 minutes.

His manipulation of RC and not improving the football program didn't help us at all.

I'll be glad when he goes back to the NBA, then the Grizzlies' fans can boo him when his team comes here.

RE: Josh Pastner Making Memphis Tigers Fans Forget About John Calipari - Bluebeard - 08-10-2013 08:22 AM

(08-10-2013 02:11 AM)21-17 Best Time I Ever Ha Wrote:  
(08-09-2013 11:42 AM)HoopDreams Wrote:  
(08-09-2013 11:31 AM)Tanyaskees Wrote:  
(08-09-2013 11:12 AM)EarthBoundMisfit Wrote:  
(08-09-2013 10:54 AM)transitt Wrote:  Common sense tells us that when the country and NCAA reacted the way they did to the manner in which Calipari left then it was a much bigger deal than some on here made it.

The fact that he left Memphis for another job isn't the situation and why so many of us dislike him. It was the WAY he left.

Exactly. People on here take the man at his word that "UK is the Notre Dame of basketball" all they want.
While he was here, he kept iterating that programs like UK, Duke, UNC were just 'names on a shirt'. or something like that.
If the NCAA had not been on his tail....Cal NEVER WOULD HAVE LEFT MEMPHIS FOR ANOTHER JOB.
The man doesn't have a shred of truth in him.
Like years later while at UK...he tells the cameras how close he was to taking the NC State job. THAT WAS NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN either.
He used them folks royally...as I posted earlier in this thread.

Give it up....they'll never get it, just like we'll never get their thinking.

I "get it", I just don't agree with it.

The recruiting class wasn't coming here no matter - signed out clauses or not - it's a dead issue.

Recruiting current players - we've already demonstrated that Pastner has engaged in similar activities, so no biggee.

He lied - yep, so do a lot of coaches who say they aren't going anywhere and then take another job a week later.

I mean, it's a job and it's college basketball - I've known folks to forgive and forget with ex-wives/husbands in less time.

But most coaches who "move on" don't trash the schools and the cities they left, take everything that is not nailed down, recruit players they don't want out of a vendetta against the new coach at the school they left, leave their school on probation, which they fled just in the nick of time, allow their son to wear the colors of their dad's new job while they continue to attend school in the old city, and leave town without saying goodbye in the dead of the night. I could go on and on. It's HOW he left, in SO MANY ways. Most coaches do not do those things.

You really really sound like a scorned lover. And didn't you call him a sociopath in a previous post? Good lord.

RE: Josh Pastner Making Memphis Tigers Fans Forget About John Calipari - 3601 - 08-10-2013 08:29 AM

HoopDreams, didn't you say that Pastner lied about being surprised at RC's job offer while Pastner was supposedly packing his stuff for Lexington? Didn't you say that whole story is contrived and complete BS?

RE: Josh Pastner Making Memphis Tigers Fans Forget About John Calipari - Bluebeard - 08-10-2013 08:33 AM

3601, did HoopDreams steal your woman or something? Lol.

RE: Josh Pastner Making Memphis Tigers Fans Forget About John Calipari - 3601 - 08-10-2013 08:41 AM

(08-10-2013 08:33 AM)Bluebeard Wrote:  3601, did HoopDreams steal your woman or something? Lol.

Nah, he ain't got no woman. He's my amigo. I've known that nerd for about 30 years. As a matter of fact, we are actually blood brothers. We used a steak knife. How stupid is that?

All of this Cal and Pastner talk just reminded me of the conversation about Pasnter taking the job and I want to make sure that I have it right. I won't tell you what his nickname for Pastner is.

RE: Josh Pastner Making Memphis Tigers Fans Forget About John Calipari - tigerderek - 08-10-2013 09:43 AM

Is anyone here actually related besides tigerseth and I?

RE: Josh Pastner Making Memphis Tigers Fans Forget About John Calipari - EarthBoundMisfit - 08-10-2013 09:49 AM

(08-10-2013 02:58 AM)Tanyaskees Wrote:  
(08-10-2013 02:11 AM)21-17 Best Time I Ever Ha Wrote:  
(08-09-2013 11:42 AM)HoopDreams Wrote:  
(08-09-2013 11:31 AM)Tanyaskees Wrote:  
(08-09-2013 11:12 AM)EarthBoundMisfit Wrote:  Exactly. People on here take the man at his word that "UK is the Notre Dame of basketball" all they want.
While he was here, he kept iterating that programs like UK, Duke, UNC were just 'names on a shirt'. or something like that.
If the NCAA had not been on his tail....Cal NEVER WOULD HAVE LEFT MEMPHIS FOR ANOTHER JOB.
The man doesn't have a shred of truth in him.
Like years later while at UK...he tells the cameras how close he was to taking the NC State job. THAT WAS NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN either.
He used them folks royally...as I posted earlier in this thread.

Give it up....they'll never get it, just like we'll never get their thinking.

I "get it", I just don't agree with it.

The recruiting class wasn't coming here no matter - signed out clauses or not - it's a dead issue.

Recruiting current players - we've already demonstrated that Pastner has engaged in similar activities, so no biggee.

He lied - yep, so do a lot of coaches who say they aren't going anywhere and then take another job a week later.

I mean, it's a job and it's college basketball - I've known folks to forgive and forget with ex-wives/husbands in less time.

But most coaches who "move on" don't trash the schools and the cities they left, take everything that is not nailed down, recruit players they don't want out of a vendetta against the new coach at the school they left, leave their school on probation, which they fled just in the nick of time, allow their son to wear the colors of their dad's new job while they continue to attend school in the old city, and leave town without saying goodbye in the dead of the night. I could go on and on. It's HOW he left, in SO MANY ways. Most coaches do not do those things.

But...but...but...he cried on his front lawn because it was such a heartbreaking decision to make. He couldn't even finish the interview 03-weeping

Demarcus Cousins was on line 1 waiting...03-idea

RE: Josh Pastner Making Memphis Tigers Fans Forget About John Calipari - missjtiger - 08-10-2013 09:50 AM

He went to mass every single morning (according to him). That's a good thing, right ?

RE: Josh Pastner Making Memphis Tigers Fans Forget About John Calipari - EarthBoundMisfit - 08-10-2013 09:53 AM

(08-10-2013 04:49 AM)TallTiger Wrote:  Yes, he cried on his front lawn...but he had laughed at the Lexington press conference to the Memphis reporter who reminded him of his "Memphis is the only place I want to be" quote. He's quite the actor.

I remember listening to his radio show BEFORE the Missouri game. He thanked people for being so nice to him during his time here and how things change, etc...I thought then, he sounds like he's leaving.

In early March, a salesman and big UK supporter announced to a local distributor that cal would be the next ky coach.

When you connect the dots, the evidence is there. I am glad when ky didn't make the tournament and though he happened to be in NYC the first week of the tournament, CBS or ESPN didn't call him to be their coach analyst. Sure that dinged his ego, maybe just a little, for 5 minutes.

His manipulation of RC and not improving the football program didn't help us at all.

I'll be glad when he goes back to the NBA, then the Grizzlies' fans can boo him when his team comes here.

We Memphis fans all felt like he'd be a fool to leave Memphis at the time. We had a program that could beat anyone if we were on our game, recruited some of the best athletes....and had the #1 class coming in.
We should have seen it coming. Publicly I was in this mindset of him not going anywhere...but I was troubled when UK fired Billy G ONE DAY AFTER Memphis lost to Missouri.
I kinda vowed from that time on to listen to my inner gut more.

RE: Josh Pastner Making Memphis Tigers Fans Forget About John Calipari - EarthBoundMisfit - 08-10-2013 09:56 AM

(08-10-2013 09:50 AM)missjtiger Wrote:  He went to mass every single morning (according to him). That's a good thing, right ?

When you have that many sins on your plate that he carries around...I guess LOL

RE: Josh Pastner Making Memphis Tigers Fans Forget About John Calipari - FUT - 08-10-2013 11:00 AM

(08-10-2013 04:49 AM)TallTiger Wrote:  Yes, he cried on his front lawn...but he had laughed at the Lexington press conference to the Memphis reporter who reminded him of his "Memphis is the only place I want to be" quote. He's quite the actor.

Wow

RE: Josh Pastner Making Memphis Tigers Fans Forget About John Calipari - MTigerBlue - 08-10-2013 11:35 AM

Does this board have a time/length limit, or do we just go on beating this dead horse forever? Oh wait, now I remember Garcia-Simpkins. Never mind.

RE: Josh Pastner Making Memphis Tigers Fans Forget About John Calipari - TigerBill - 08-10-2013 11:47 AM

(08-10-2013 11:35 AM)MTigerBlue Wrote:  Does this board have a time/length limit, or do we just go on beating this dead horse forever? Oh wait, now I remember Garcia-Simpkins. Never mind.

We get to thrash this as long as we want.

[Image: b1d.png]

RE: Josh Pastner Making Memphis Tigers Fans Forget About John Calipari - georgiatiger - 08-10-2013 12:26 PM

(08-10-2013 09:43 AM)tigerderek Wrote:  Is anyone here actually related besides tigerseth and I?

Sorta.

RE: Josh Pastner Making Memphis Tigers Fans Forget About John Calipari - TigerBill - 08-10-2013 12:36 PM

(08-10-2013 12:26 PM)georgiatiger Wrote:  
(08-10-2013 09:43 AM)tigerderek Wrote:  Is anyone here actually related besides tigerseth and I?

Sorta.

I'm only related to my family.

RE: Josh Pastner Making Memphis Tigers Fans Forget About John Calipari - tigerderek - 08-10-2013 01:15 PM

Will one of y'all adopt Seth?

RE: Josh Pastner Making Memphis Tigers Fans Forget About John Calipari - EarthBoundMisfit - 08-10-2013 01:53 PM

lets find a home for saluki first LOL

j/k saluki

RE: Josh Pastner Making Memphis Tigers Fans Forget About John Calipari - TigerSeth - 08-10-2013 02:28 PM

(08-10-2013 01:15 PM)tigerderek Wrote:  Will one of y'all adopt Seth?

05-mafia05-mafia05-mafia05-mafia

RE: Josh Pastner Making Memphis Tigers Fans Forget About John Calipari - Tanyaskees - 08-10-2013 03:10 PM

I'll never forget "the door" 03-lmfao

RE: Josh Pastner Making Memphis Tigers Fans Forget About John Calipari - QuitoTiger - 08-10-2013 04:05 PM

(08-10-2013 11:35 AM)MTigerBlue Wrote:  Does this board have a time/length limit, or do we just go on beating this dead horse forever? Oh wait, now I remember Garcia-Simpkins. Never mind.

Probably will continue with its ebb and flow until we either get to the Final Four or Final, once again....fortunately or unfortunately, depending on your slant. If we do (and I hope we do soon), the memory of the Cal era should dim, somewhat. Obviously, that's just my 2ยข.

However, I'll NEVER forget the anguish of THAT night in Quito. I'm sure I frightened the neighbors with my wail.