CSNbbs
What's the difference between Georgia State and Georgia Southern? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: What's the difference between Georgia State and Georgia Southern? (/thread-638797.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: What's the difference between Georgia State and Georgia Southern? - CrazyCajun - 07-04-2013 11:35 AM

(07-04-2013 09:09 AM)GSU Eagles Wrote:  Not to mention we should have been leading UGA at the half. UGA was 3 yards from the national championship. Meanwhile Cajuns act like they will dominate us while losing to ok st 42-0 at the half.

I checked the record books and I didn't see a win against UGA. So are you counting yards gained as a win on the score board? Moral victories are for losers, especially those that have never beaten one FBS program as to date. But hey,how many yards did you guys pile up against Alabama? Fantastic!....write that down as a win!03-nutkick

RE: What's the difference between Georgia State and Georgia Southern? - DawggoneEagle - 07-04-2013 11:40 AM

(07-04-2013 11:21 AM)MTPiKapp Wrote:  
(07-04-2013 11:06 AM)DawggoneEagle Wrote:  
(07-04-2013 09:54 AM)MTPiKapp Wrote:  
(07-04-2013 09:42 AM)TrueBlueAlum Wrote:  
(07-04-2013 09:38 AM)MTPiKapp Wrote:  That of course requires consistently finding FBS level QBs and WR to play in that offense, something GT has struggled with, even in the two years they beat us like a rented mule they missed some wide open passes that just came down to poor execution, 2012 was even worse, overthrown, underthrown, jumpballs.

I will agree with you there. Jaybo Shaw (the GT transfer) has been one of the better passers we've had in a while. Our current QB was converted from a running back, he has a terribly inaccurate arm which I know can and probably will lead to more turnovers against more disciplined defenses. Its a hurdle that will always be in front of us.

You know you guys may have never ended up with Shaw had it not been for GT hiring CPJ, Shaw picked MT over GT when Gailey was recruiting him, but flipped after the Johnson hire. Had he signed with MT he may not have left.

and South Carolina may have ended up with Herschel had he not signed with Georgia. It cracks me up when hypotheticals like this continually come up.
What if a blue monkey passed a green chunk through a purple anus, or what if a bird sat on a limb and pooped through feathers, does that mean its name is Al ?
But what if it didn't rain a deluge on Sept 21 1989 Ref "Hugo Bowl"
MTSU certainly "weren't up to stopping the option that night"

[/i]

04-rock

It was just an offhanded remark, just one of those "ain't it funny how things work out" situations.

Regarding the Hugo Bowl, I was 7 years old at the time and had never heard of either school. Most of our players on our current rosters weren't even born. Hell your head coach was 22 years old and a GA at Hawaii.

I tell you what, that's some hard hitting current smack talk...07-coffee3

I was 21 and there in 1989, GATA Eagles !
Times change, MTSU moved on, and GSU was stagnant for years, I'm sure that some of our opponents then like MTSU & UCF who we have winning records against are much stronger foes now, and we're playing catch up. Time is relative. My uncle, a UGA Alum hates Tech, not out of tradition, but experience, he endured the drought for eight years of losing to the North Ave Trade School.

RE: What's the difference between Georgia State and Georgia Southern? - GSU Eagles - 07-04-2013 11:41 AM

(07-04-2013 11:35 AM)CrazyCajun Wrote:  
(07-04-2013 09:09 AM)GSU Eagles Wrote:  Not to mention we should have been leading UGA at the half. UGA was 3 yards from the national championship. Meanwhile Cajuns act like they will dominate us while losing to ok st 42-0 at the half.

I checked the record books and I didn't see a win against UGA. So are you counting yards gained as a win on the score board? Moral victories are for losers, especially those that have never beaten one FBS program as to date. But hey,how many yards did you guys pile up against Alabama? Fantastic!....write that down as a win!03-nutkick

You give up 44 points at the half, 65 for the game and 750 yards to a team outside the top 25, then no smack talk is allowed for the entire season.

At least we made a respectable showing against the top FBS team the past couple of years.

RE: What's the difference between Georgia State and Georgia Southern? - panama - 07-04-2013 11:49 AM

(07-04-2013 11:41 AM)GSU Eagles Wrote:  

You give up 44 points at the half, 65 for the game and 750 yards to a team outside the top 25, then no smack talk is allowed for the entire season.

At least we made a respectable showing against the top FBS team the past couple of years.

Youre comparing Alabama to a Big 12 team? You think Southern would have done BETTER?

RE: What's the difference between Georgia State and Georgia Southern? - DawggoneEagle - 07-04-2013 11:51 AM

I think these moral victories somehow are just like peeing in the wind, they always come back on ya. I think it's an attempt to say hey, we can move the ball against major SEC defenses, and that is true to an extent, but games are won and lost on points scored, not yards gained, another "what if". The fact is UGA's no huddle offense aka "The Aaron Murray Show" eviscerated our defense almost at will. It was only close in our eyes.

RE: What's the difference between Georgia State and Georgia Southern? - panama - 07-04-2013 11:53 AM

(07-04-2013 11:51 AM)DawggoneEagle Wrote:  

I think these moral victories somehow are just like peeing in the wind, they always come back on ya. I think it's an attempt to say hey, we can move the ball against major SEC defenses, and that is true to an extent, but games are won and lost on pints scored, not yards gained, another "what if". The fact is UGA's no huddle offense aka "The Aaron Murray Show" eviscerated our defense almost at will. It was only close in our eyes.

And that is the bottom line. Its nice to talk moral victories as an FCS school vs an FBS school but once you move up it's either you won or lost and nothing else matters.

RE: What's the difference between Georgia State and Georgia Southern? - Saint3333 - 07-04-2013 12:03 PM

(07-04-2013 11:09 AM)The4thOption Wrote:  
(07-04-2013 07:56 AM)Saint3333 Wrote:  App is .500 vs. the unstoppable GSU triple option, you guys are now playing more teams with a talent level of App with more depth. Are predicting you'll be better against them than you have been vs. App?

A: I consider App to be better than most of them
B: We are way over .500 versus App while running our 3-0. You are counting 5 years of us not running it. AKA: Vandummy and HatchAttack years.

Not true App is 9-9 vs. GSU triple option teams. The 3-O vs. our spread is in our favor 3-2.

RE: What's the difference between Georgia State and Georgia Southern? - The4thOption - 07-04-2013 12:07 PM

(07-04-2013 11:33 AM)MTPiKapp Wrote:  
(07-04-2013 11:25 AM)The4thOption Wrote:  
(07-04-2013 09:33 AM)MTPiKapp Wrote:  

You mean that game against UGA that was 38-7 until you guys got a 2nd touchdown in garbage time?

He means the game that had it not been for out right cheating, would have read GSU 14 UGA 10 at the half. SEC officials created a 14 point swing in the game with that call. Again on UGA's opening possession of the second half, a clear fumble after a receiver ran 4 and half steps with the ball was "ruled" incomplete allowing UGA to keep possession of the ball which lead to another 7 points. That is a 21 point swing in the game brother! OUT RIGHT cheating on behalf of the (SEE EVERY CRIMINAL) conference.

What about the 32 yards you guys netted on 4 possessions in the third quarter? This is some serious loser talk my friend, the refs did not cost you that game.

See Every Criminal? You might wanna take another pass at that one...

I'm not saying we would have won the game. We did lose, so I guess that makes us losers in that one. Playing with 22 less scholarships against one of the best funded programs in FBS in the best conference in FBS has it's challenges. I think the stats show that there is a major NCAA violation every 4 years by SEC programs. They CHEAT. I've seen up first hand. So my little nickname holds true and I'll continue to use it when referring to the Evil Empire that is uga and the SEC.

As to what the refs cost us in that game:
They did change the entire dynamics of the game. You should already know that they offense we run is an entirely different animal when we are playing with the lead. Taking a lead into half would have been something that is hard to mearsure. First off, our guys would/might have believed that they actually COULD win that game - a major factor in actually pulling it off. If don't believe you can win, you will be right 100% of the time.
Combine that with being demoralized somewhat by instead of leading, trailing by two possesions. Now maybe you aren't a believer in momentum? I don't know, but it imop can have a big impact on the game.
NEXT: Consider that even if we had gone 3/out on that first possession of the 3rd qtr, that the refs stepped in again and gave the ball back to UGA after an obvious fumble that replay showed WAS A FUMBLE! You take the cheating out of that game at that point and Southern STILL has the lead with the ball 1/3 of the way through the 3rd quarter. Consider what pressure that might put on a defense to over pursue or make mistakes when they know that they are only going to get just a few more possessions because of the ground control, clock eating offense that we run. No such pressure could be applied. The opposite pressure was applied to us in terms of having to pass the ball etc. UGA's last score came after an attempted onside where we gave them half the field in the 4th qtr, something we had to do if we had any chance of pulling the upset.

We knew they were good. Almost nobody beat them last year. I feel like we put up a pretty good fight considering how good they were and the insurance officiating they received. If we lose fair and square, I can live with that.. but what the SEC is doing should be criminal.

Was it really cheating or just bad calls?
Consider that at the time UGA had already wrapped up the SEC East.
The SEC knew that they could very well be the SEC champs and be their potential program attempting to get a Natioanl Championship invite. IF they had upset BAMA (considering how close it was, you cant argue it wasn't possible or likely) - UGA would have been the program that the SEC was sending up for title game consideration. With the current long streak of the SEC playing in and winnig the NC - imagine the up roar and pressure that might have been begging for finally a Non SEC championship game. Having the SEC rep struggle against an FCS team would have given fuel to the argument for the rest of the country to use against UGA getting that invite and could have potentially ended the streak of SEC dominance in the title game by virtue of locking them out of an appearance. There was imop way too much money on the line to let that happen. They had to protect the image of the potential SEC NC title contender.

I'll say this again. There should NOT BE conference officials. how can we expect employees of a conference to not be effected by the needs of their employers? It leaves way too much room for corruption. It is hard to explain the timing of the phantom chop block, it is hard to deny the video evidence of the fumble in the 3rd qtr. How many other calls, or no calls went UGA's way?

Call it what you want to, but the SEC cheats when it serves their conference or at least when it has such high potential impact.

RE: What's the difference between Georgia State and Georgia Southern? - MTPiKapp - 07-04-2013 12:09 PM

(07-04-2013 11:41 AM)GSU Eagles Wrote:  

03-lmfao

Until you get your first FBS win, why don't you keep your cutesy smack talk and musings on other team's losses to yourself. That Oklahoma State offense is easy to defend, I guess...

RE: What's the difference between Georgia State and Georgia Southern? - panama - 07-04-2013 12:11 PM

(07-04-2013 12:07 PM)The4thOption Wrote:  

You mean that game against UGA that was 38-7 until you guys got a 2nd touchdown in garbage time?

He means the game that had it not been for out right cheating, would have read GSU 14 UGA 10 at the half. SEC officials created a 14 point swing in the game with that call. Again on UGA's opening possession of the second half, a clear fumble after a receiver ran 4 and half steps with the ball was "ruled" incomplete allowing UGA to keep possession of the ball which lead to another 7 points. That is a 21 point swing in the game brother! OUT RIGHT cheating on behalf of the (SEE EVERY CRIMINAL) conference.

What about the 32 yards you guys netted on 4 possessions in the third quarter? This is some serious loser talk my friend, the refs did not cost you that game.

I'm not saying we would have won the game. We did lose, so I guess that makes us losers in that one.
Could have ended here.

RE: What's the difference between Georgia State and Georgia Southern? - MTPiKapp - 07-04-2013 12:27 PM

(07-04-2013 12:07 PM)The4thOption Wrote:  

I'm not saying we would have won the game. We did lose, so I guess that makes us losers in that one. Playing with 22 less scholarships against one of the best funded programs in FBS in the best conference in FBS has it's challenges. I think the stats show that there is a major NCAA violation every 4 years by SEC programs. They CHEAT. I've seen up first hand. So my little nickname holds true and I'll continue to use it when referring to the Evil Empire that is uga and the SEC

...blah blah blah....long winded rambling...blah blah blah...

Call it what you want to, but the SEC cheats when it serves their conference or at least when it has such high potential impact.

I never said the SEC doesn't cheat, I just think See Every Criminal is just plain bad, like 5th grade bad, especially considering you said the "See Every Criminal Conference" and that'd be the SECC, I get that you wanna get in a little quip to express your disdain for the conference, but it's just a poor effort.

RE: What's the difference between Georgia State and Georgia Southern? - GSU Eagles - 07-04-2013 12:27 PM

Sun Belt better get used to this....just sayin'

http://youtu.be/orQ0vbYBvEw

RE: What's the difference between Georgia State and Georgia Southern? - Dman - 07-04-2013 12:28 PM

Does the GA dome still have that mildew smell?

RE: What's the difference between Georgia State and Georgia Southern? - MTPiKapp - 07-04-2013 12:30 PM

(07-04-2013 12:27 PM)GSU Eagles Wrote:  Sun Belt better get used to this....just sayin'

Looking forward to your spin in 2014, if you even bother to come around.

RE: What's the difference between Georgia State and Georgia Southern? - MTPiKapp - 07-04-2013 12:43 PM

(07-04-2013 12:39 PM)DrGonzo Wrote:  
(07-04-2013 12:28 PM)Dman Wrote:  Does the GA dome still have that mildew smell?

It smells like cocoa butter.

Did you hear that from Paula Dean? Good grief man...

RE: What's the difference between Georgia State and Georgia Southern? - panama - 07-04-2013 12:50 PM

Just wow

RE: What's the difference between Georgia State and Georgia Southern? - DrGonzo - 07-04-2013 12:54 PM

(07-04-2013 12:43 PM)MTPiKapp Wrote:  
(07-04-2013 12:28 PM)Dman Wrote:  Does the GA dome still have that mildew smell?

Lighten up, dude. Not even remotely comparable to Paula's sick racist fantasies.

RE: What's the difference between Georgia State and Georgia Southern? - MTPiKapp - 07-04-2013 12:55 PM

(07-04-2013 12:54 PM)DrGonzo Wrote:  

Lighten up, dude. Not even remotely comparable to Paula's sick racist fantasies.

So you're just a little bit racist, got it...

RE: What's the difference between Georgia State and Georgia Southern? - Louisianafanrcajun90 - 07-04-2013 12:55 PM

(07-04-2013 12:27 PM)GSU Eagles Wrote:  Sun Belt better get used to this....just sayin'

You better get used to this...just sayin'04-rock
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KleuHRwNGnc

RE: What's the difference between Georgia State and Georgia Southern? - DrGonzo - 07-04-2013 01:09 PM

(07-04-2013 12:55 PM)MTPiKapp Wrote:  
(07-04-2013 12:54 PM)DrGonzo Wrote:  

So you're just a little bit racist, got it...

False. If you only knew me IRL 03-lmfao